[TH] Thumbnails [Deleted]

Hi,

using XenForo default + UI.X Theme my small avatars overlaps the thread author avatar if I replied to the thread. Looks like this:

xenforo.webp

Using the addon with thumbnail url or attachment this functionality seems to be gone. Is there any way to restore the default behaviour (overlapping with my own avatar as soon as I posted in the thread)?

Thanks!

I'll take a look but it depends how it was coded.

Hi,

using XenForo default + UI.X Theme my small avatars overlaps the thread author avatar if I replied to the thread. Looks like this:

View attachment 145213

Using the addon with thumbnail url or attachment this functionality seems to be gone. Is there any way to restore the default behaviour (overlapping with my own avatar as soon as I posted in the thread)?

Thanks!
I'll take a look and see what I can do to fix that.

Any update on the thumbnails showing up in tag search results?

Also I can use this as well.
Working on fixing other bugs before releasing it :)

I believe as long as the add-on uses the thread list item template then it should work.

Working on fixing other bugs before releasing it :)

I believe as long as the add-on uses the thread list item template then it should work.

Thank you...if the add-on does use the thread list item template how would I get it to work? Is there a template modification that should be made?

It hooks into that template so it should be automatic :)

Hmm...I guess the similar threads add-on doesn't use the thread list item template because it didn't happen automatically. Are there any manual codes we can add to add-on's that show thread avatars so we can customize ourselves?

The last time I tried this was 2.1.4, so I decided to see what's changed. I was interested in this update:
Added option that will reduce external url size to 100px.

However when I try it out, it's still loading the full image as a thumbnail. I was hoping it would resize it to a 100px thumbnail. Am I misunderstanding the update, or is there something I need to set? If it matters, we have the image proxy turned on, so it's not the external image, but the proxied one that's loading as a thumbnail.

I have edited this template :
wf_widget_threads_thread_sidebar
to show bigger avatars. changed Avatar size from S to M. unfortunately this addon stops working in BD widgets after.
is there a way to fix this?

The last time I tried this was 2.1.4, so I decided to see what's changed. I was interested in this update:

However when I try it out, it's still loading the full image as a thumbnail. I was hoping it would resize it to a 100px thumbnail. Am I misunderstanding the update, or is there something I need to set? If it matters, we have the image proxy turned on, so it's not the external image, but the proxied one that's loading as a thumbnail.
I have edited this template :
wf_widget_threads_thread_sidebar
to show bigger avatars. changed Avatar size from S to M. unfortunately this addon stops working in BD widgets after.
is there a way to fix this?
I'll check out both and see what the issue is!

Hmm...I guess the similar threads add-on doesn't use the thread list item template because it didn't happen automatically. Are there any manual codes we can add to add-on's that show thread avatars so we can customize ourselves?

I second this, it's not working with the recent threads widget on Xenporta 2 :'(

Purchased this but could not get any of the options to work (1st preference set to first image in post, 2nd preference set to first attachment in post)

Does anyone know if this only takes effect on new threads? i.e. thumbnails won't generate on existing threads?

It works for us. We often move posts with images from non-thumbnail nodes into a thumbnail node & a thumbnail is generated. When we installed this it worked on thousands of legacy threads across several hundred nodes.

Purchased this but could not get any of the options to work (1st preference set to first image in post, 2nd preference set to first attachment in post)

Does anyone know if this only takes effect on new threads? i.e. thumbnails won't generate on existing threads?
You should be able to set thumbnail URL's to existing threads, if you continue to have issues let us know by ticket as we'd be glad to troubleshoot it for you.

Suggestion for next version : would be really nice to auto detect when the default broken image logo (from image proxy) is appearing and use the avatar as thumbnail instead

To avoid situations like this: http://prntscr.com/ffcnwc

9b50596c5d0a4e9d9423b82863680911.png

When trying to install this on another forum, i noticed that the post titles are not aligned with other post titles using avatars instead of thumbnails. Is there a quick CSS fix for this?
_Y0iEtztTHeIFTY56VJFKw.png

Top Bottom