[TH] Thread Events [Deleted]

Jon W

Jon W submitted a new resource:

Thread Events by Waindigo - Create events in your threads. Supports Calendar by Waindigo and Google Calendar API by Waindigo.

This add-on adds an option to Forum nodes to allow events to be created inside threads.

Thread events can specify a start and end time/date, with the option for all day events and events that span multiple days. This can all be customised for individual forums.

All standard thread functionality is available, including custom fields and more.

A calendar of all...

Read more about this resource...

Interesting... I've uploaded all of the folders/files as required, but upon attempting to upload the xml file, I got the following error: Please enter a value using 75 characters or fewer.

I got the same error when I tried to do it via the install path field ("install/data/addon-Waindigo_ThreadEvents.xml").

Any clues?

When this add-on is activated, following add-ons don't work:

Toggle Me by cclaerhout (thread_create Template (just a small part of that add-on))
Thread Notices by Waindigo (thread_create Template)
Identify Official by Liam W Posts (thread_create Template)
Slide Out Poll by Bloodcinder (thread_create Template)

When following add-ons are activated, Thread Events (thread_create Template) by Waindigo doesn't work:

Thread Filters by Waindigo
Simple Forms by LP-John

Last edited:
Thats what i thought. But then i had installed 3 addons to get 1 event addon .. :rolleyes:
Yeah, had the same thought like you. But strangely, when you uninstall those google add-ons, this add-on works then without errors. Try that out.

For the upcoming RSVP functionality, it would be great if there were an option to show attending members the same way users online sidebar shows them (small avatar with mouse hover showing the member name). It would save space when there's lots of members or members with long names.

Jon W, Is this addon compatible with your Social Groups addon?

Also, when can you add the RSVP feature? I really need this (and others do too).

I recently received this error. Am I missing another plugin or resource that is necessary for iCal exporting?

858ebe10cd.png

Jon W updated Thread Events by Waindigo with a new update entry:

Version 1.1.0 released

New features:
  • Added ability to RSVP to events, including associated permission.
  • Added importer from XenAtendo 1.4.6 for XenForo (premium feature, may work for other versions of XenAtendo, but not tested).
Bug fixes:
  • Fixed bug that may be unable to export as iCal due to missing files.
  • Changed thread_create template modification to be more compatible with other add-ons.

Read the rest of this update entry...

When this add-on is activated, following add-ons don't work:

Toggle Me by cclaerhout (thread_create Template (just a small part of that add-on))
Thread Notices by Waindigo (thread_create Template)
Identify Official by Liam W Posts (thread_create Template)
Slide Out Poll by Bloodcinder (thread_create Template)

When following add-ons are activated, Thread Events (thread_create Template) by Waindigo doesn't work:

Thread Filters by Waindigo
Simple Forms by LP-John
I think it was only one (or maybe a couple of these add-ons) that was conflicting with the template modification in this add-on that then caused the template modifications in all the other add-ons to break. Anyway, I have hopefully fixed this now!

Reactions: sbj
I think it was only one (or maybe a couple of these add-ons) that was conflicting with the template modification in this add-on that then caused the template modifications in all the other add-ons to break. Anyway, I have hopefully fixed this now!
Honestly, I didn't expect to see an update about this. Respect!

I'll test now and will give feedback about the new situation.

Top Bottom