[TH] Thread Events [Deleted]

After the update, these ones work without a problem:
Toggle Me by cclaerhout (thread_create Template (just a small part of that add-on))
Thread Notices by Waindigo (thread_create Template)
Identify Official by Liam W Posts (thread_create Template)[/SIZE]

This not:
Slide Out Poll by Bloodcinder (thread_create Template)
2 things happen.
The slide out poll add-on strangely slides out only the "Post New Event"-thread_create template. It means, when I want to create an event, I can't create because I can't add the date and time because it is removed by slide out.
And for all the other thread_create templates, so the normal ones (when I want to create a normal thread), for them slide out poll doesn't work. So I see as by default the poll options on bottom which shouldn't be there if slide out poll add-on is activated. Not only that, strangely it creatse the same options again, so I have 2x times the poll options for all thread_create templates suddenly.

When following add-ons are activated, Thread Events (thread_create Template) by Waindigo doesn't work:

Thread Filters by Waindigo
Still not working. When Thread Filters add-on is activated, the "Post New Event" button disappears. In template modifications it shows me that the forum_view template of Thread Events isn't working.

Good news is, that I see now both buttons. Previously, when both add-ons were activated, you just saw the normal "Post New Thread" button (which was overwritten by Simple Forms add-on which directed to you to a form). But now I see both buttons. The redirecting "Post New Thread" button and the new added "Post New Event" button.
Bad news is, now both buttons redirect you to the form of Simple Forms. I can't create an event.

Just saying, it is up to you. Thank you.

@Jon W, Can you add a list of all users who have RSVP'd as well? Preferably something that doesnt require another button to be clicked. The best space saving way is mini avatars which when hovered with cursor display username.

Btw. I get an error trying to create an event.

upload_2015-2-13_3-12-52.webp

In ACP both options for the node are checked.
And now while creating an event, I just pick a start date (with choosing a thread title and typing in content) and get that error. Doesn't matter what start date I have chosen.
Anyway, it shows me this error BUT it also creates the thread without forwarded to the created thread. So I stay at thread_create template all the time when I push "create thread" button and get this error while the thread is created in background.

Interested in this addon. Good choice to implement it as part of normal posting functionality. People are much more likely to see it and use it there.
Remembering back to when I tried Xenattendo, I was frustrated because on a multi-day event, people couldn't RSVP for certain days only. For example, at the forthcoming Bristol Sound and Vision show this month, an event for it would last for three days. People would need to indicate which days they are going.
It would rarely be all three. We would need to be able to see who is going on which days so that attendees can decide which days to go and make plans to meet certain people on certain days.
This functionality is one of the main reasons why this event addon would be useful.
For event organisers it also gives an idea of how many people are expected to come on each day.
Can the RSVP system here do that?

Btw. I get an error trying to create an event.

View attachment 98230

In ACP both options for the node are checked.
And now while creating an event, I just pick a start date (with choosing a thread title and typing in content) and get that error. Doesn't matter what start date I have chosen.
Anyway, it shows me this error BUT it also creates the thread without forwarded to the created thread. So I stay at thread_create template all the time when I push "create thread" button and get this error while the thread is created in background.
Just noticed this too. You're not allowed to just leave the end date blank. I'm going to put in a more appropriate error for that though.

Reactions: sbj
Just noticed this too. You're not allowed to just leave the end date blank. I'm going to put in a more appropriate error for that though.
Why aren't you allowed to leave the end date blank? There are events which last only that day. No reason to type in the end date, because the event isn't longer than 1 day.

Why aren't you allowed to leave the end date blank? There are events which last only that day. No reason to type in the end date, because the event isn't longer than 1 day.
Agreed. I'll allow it to be left blank and assume you mean it to be the same date.

I'm trying to move away from the seemingly defunct XenAtendo, but I can't find the import tool in the ACP. I don't see one in the "Import External Data" tool. Where is it? :)

I'm trying to move away from the seemingly defunct XenAtendo, but I can't find the import tool in the ACP. I don't see one in the "Import External Data" tool. Where is it? :)
This is a premium feature. Have you subscribed as a premium member?

Just so you know, we will be releasing a XenAtendo importer for the Repeat Events by Waindigo add-on (which complements this add-on) in the next few days, so if you have recurring events, you should wait until that is released.

This is a premium feature. Have you subscribed as a premium member?

Just so you know, we will be releasing a XenAtendo importer for the Repeat Events by Waindigo add-on (which complements this add-on) in the next few days, so if you have recurring events, you should wait until that is released.

I only quite recently subscribed. Possible there's a delay there?

I do have some regularly scheduled and recurring events. I'll definitely keep my eye out for the upcoming importer. Thanks for the rapid response!

I only quite recently subscribed. Possible there's a delay there?

I do have some regularly scheduled and recurring events. I'll definitely keep my eye out for the upcoming importer. Thanks for the rapid response!
I can see that your site last checked in with the Waindigo servers about 10 minutes ago, so you should be good to go now. Drop me a PM if you still can't see anything and I'll investigate further.

Anyone know if there is an easy way to show upcoming events? Like a widget or something I can use to promote thread events?

Why is it necessary to check in ?
The import from XenAtendo feature is a premium feature, therefore @Funar will have our Install and Upgrade by Waindigo or Premium by Waindigo add-on installed which has to check in with our servers to check whether they have purchased a valid subscription to use that feature. As long as the most recent check in is after the subscription was purchased, the premium feature should work.

Are events enforceable? That is, within the node, all new topics must have event details. It looks like it's optional?

Hello all,

Is the RSVP function permission specific? I've some users that are struggling to use it.

Edit: Fixed it now.

Thanks

Last edited:
Top Bottom