[TH] Sub-Domains [Deleted]

Jon W

Waindigo submitted a new resource:

Sub-Domains by Waindigo - Customise your forum based on the domain or run several forums from a single XenForo installation.

Description:

This add-on allows you to run multiple forum instances from a single installation of XenForo, depending on the domain/subdomain entered.

Each sub-domain will have its own Admin Control Panel to allow you to manage the features. Some features are shared amongst all sub-domains, while others are unique to each sub-domain...

Read more about this resource...

Important: Please make sure you read the XenForo License Agreement and any other add-on license agreements carefully and ensure you have the appropriate number of licenses to use this add-on. If you have any questions regarding this, please contact XenForo or the respective add-on developer.

Last edited:
I'm kind of confused. So lets say I have a gaming company called Matt's Games, and so I have a website called mattsgames.com. and then Im making two games, one called Space War and one called The Frontier. So then I had spacewar.mattsgames.com and thefrontier.mattsgames.com. I could have all those forums be connected?

I'm kind of confused. So lets say I have a gaming company called Matt's Games, and so I have a website called mattsgames.com. and then Im making two games, one called Space War and one called The Frontier. So then I had spacewar.mattsgames.com and thefrontier.mattsgames.com. I could have all those forums be connected?
Correct. Obviously you could have done this anyway by having multiple XenForo installations and using our Single Sign On by Waindigo add-on. This add-on just gives you another way of doing it for sites that want to be a bit more connected with each other.

Okay. So I'm guessing by your big red notice that you have to have multiple xenforo licenses to use this? Of so....pity. :'(
It depends how you use the add-on. I'm sure there will be scenarios where it will be fine to do it with one license. You need to read the agreement and contact XenForo if you are not sure.

This, is awesome: I am in love with your idea as much I am with the firm plump breasts attached to the hot chick in my avatar at the time of posting this...

What files need be created in the additional subdomains? Any?

No, that is not me. I only have one boob, it's on my shoulders. ;)

images
419392_96.jpg

What you've done to Xen, is much like what MU done to Wordpress.

I can't swear or try to "Circumvent" the curse filter or I get in poop from the admin here, but let me tell you if I could swear I'd use the word that starts with an F has a King at the end, and I would put it in between the words "Great" and "Job" in "This addon is awesome, Great " - " Job!"

I am curious, are there global, and separate controls over addons for each sub directory? Can sub2.domain.tld make use of a specific addon, without applying it to domain.tld or sub4.domain.tld ????

I am curious, are there global, and separate controls over addons for each sub directory? Can sub2.domain.tld make use of a specific addon, without applying it to domain.tld or sub4.domain.tld ????
This will depend on the add-on. Any permission based add-on or add-on that can be enabled through the admin options should be able to be enabled or disabled per subdomain.

Jon, This is brilliant. Thanks!

How does this handle the resource manager? Should a separate install of the RM be added to all domains?
Can RM categories be shared between domains?

Jon, This is brilliant. Thanks!

How does this handle the resource manager? Should a separate install of the RM be added to all domains?
Can RM categories be shared between domains?
It would show the same resource manager on every subdomain where users have permission to view it.

I see. So then its a matter of getting RM category permissions to serve up custom categories per domain.
Do the domains need to be subdomains or can I also use completely different domains?

This is something I been waiting for, for along time now. vBulletin has a mod that did this and I missed xF not having it.

Can each sub-domain use a seperate log-in via facebook, twitter etc too?

Also does it have to be sub domains or can it be also like domain.com/minecraft domain.com/quake etc?

Top Bottom