[TH] Sub-Domains [Deleted]

By splitting it up into separate steps, like how XenForo upgrades.

Not exactly, although depending on the add-on you may be able to make it only appear on certain domains by using permissions and/or options.

Not currently.

Is this a question? :p

1. Can you please add this ability?
2. As well as this one.
3. No. Not a question. Just a statement of awesome.

@Waindigo also is there any easy way to copy over permissions by default? I wouldn't mind if existing users had the same permissions. I would be using the domains as more filters.

Just a heads up. I am not sure this plays well with other add-ons quite yet. Had a bit of trouble and everything freaked out for a while.

I'm kind of confused. So lets say I have a gaming company called Matt's Games, and so I have a website called mattsgames.com. and then Im making two games, one called Space War and one called The Frontier. So then I had spacewar.mattsgames.com and thefrontier.mattsgames.com. I could have all those forums be connected?

We're confused as well. Everyone buying one xf license obviously has the same terms then can someone from Xenforo clarify this? thankee

We're confused as well. Everyone buying one xf license obviously has the same terms then can someone from Xenforo clarify this? thankee

I shot a PM to @Ashley and @Mike this afternoon via Jakes suggestion. The one like this for vB http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=254197 only requires one license as long as it is done on the same domain as the sub domains and all content appears on the main domain as confirmed by @BirdOPrey5 at
http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showpost.php?p=2160976&postcount=371
(Multiple domains (domain1.com, domain2.com) = multiple licenses, CERBERUS or not.
Sub domains (sub.domain.com, sub2.domain.com) = 1 license only say ford.trucks.com, dodge.trucks.com, toyota.trucks.com that is OK with one license... however if you had multiple domains like fordtucks.com, dodgetrucks.com, toyotatrucks.com you'd need multiple licenses).

As technically this is one install of the software and using a unique domain. So hopefully we will hear a ruling from them on this soon!

Jon...

Have I told you I love you? This is something I have been wanting to do for a very, very long time and now it is possible.

One question.

www.domain1.com/threads/something.001
www.domain2.com/threads/something.001

Is it possible that when "something.001" is accessed, it defaults to a domain? So if the thread is in a forum only visible from domain1.com and is accessed from domain2.com it redirects the user to domain1.com. This is to prevent double content and getting screwed by Google.

Thanks.

Based on my understanding of the terms of the license and the description in the resource, a license would be required for each sub domain due to the fact that the content wouldn't be be the same in each one.

This from the FAQ:

Can multiple domains or subdomains be used with a single license?
Yes, as long as the domains or subdomains all resolve to the same installation, all of the content is available at every domain or subdomain, and there is no attempt to make them appear as separate installations.

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/pre-sales-faq.4951/

This sounds like an awesome idea installed the addon but looking at how to set it up.

I setup

Title :Battle Field

Domain: BF
Alternative domain regular expression: Battlefield
tried BF.kcgaming.com and can does not load anything

Thought I may need to create a sub domain so used cpanel to create a sub domain BF and point to web root still no go

Any ideas on how to get this working right

Based on my understanding of the terms of the license and the description in the resource, a license would be required for each sub domain due to the fact that the content wouldn't be be the same in each one.

This from the FAQ:

Yes, as long as the domains or subdomains all resolve to the same installation, all of the content is available at every domain or subdomain, and there is no attempt to make them appear as separate installations.

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/pre-sales-faq.4951/[/quote

Here is the problem with this term, "all of the content is available at every domain or subdomain", you can make members aware of other content but not direct them to it initially

Hi
Great add-on !
Is it possible to get for each sub-forum the same forum_list (home) informations (threads, last messages, numbers of posts etc) ?

This from the FAQ:

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/pre-sales-faq.4951/

There is a serious conflict with regards to the information you quoted, and the information set out in the License Agreement.

I'd break it down but I don't get paid for "thinking out loud" around here.

What Paul said is correct.

As long as the domains or subdomains all resolve to the same installation, all of the content is available at every domain or subdomain, and there is no attempt to make them appear as separate installations, only then is a single license permissible.

The discussion seems to have taken on a different tone and suggests that not all of the content needs to be available from every domain or sub domain. Multiple licenses would be necessary if the content varies from different domains or sub domains.

What Paul said is correct.

As long as the domains or subdomains all resolve to the same installation, all of the content is available at every domain or subdomain, and there is no attempt to make them appear as separate installations, only then is a single license permissible.

The discussion seems to have taken on a different tone and suggests that not all of the content needs to be available from every domain or sub domain. Multiple licenses would be necessary if the content varies from different domains or sub domains.

So you're telling me if I was to make a forums category that was not accessible from www.maindomain.tld and only accessible from www.maindomain.tld/thisfolder then I would be in breach of my License Agreement?

Even if that category is calling for tables stored in the same database as the main.tld is operating off of?

Yes.

Rather than take this thread off topic any further, if you have concerns or questions you should use the contact form.

@Degrinch, your questions have been answered.
I have already advised you to use the contact form if you have any further specific questions.

Please do not persist in derailing this thread.

Top Bottom