[TH] Sub-Domains [Deleted]

This is something I been waiting for, for along time now. vBulletin has a mod that did this and I missed xF not having it.

Can each sub-domain use a seperate log-in via facebook, twitter etc too?
Not sure what you mean by this. You can be logged in as a different user on each domain/subdomain, but then you can only log into Facebook/twitter with one account at a time so I suspect that is going to be the limitation.

Also does it have to be sub domains or can it be also like domain.com/minecraft domain.com/quake etc?
Only domain names at present, but this could probably be added as XenForo's route prefix system has been made more flexible for developers in XenForo 1.2.

Not sure what you mean by this. You can be logged in as a different user on each domain/subdomain, but then you can only log into Facebook/twitter with one account at a time so I suspect that is going to be the limitation.

I mean, can you set up different facebook app id logins per sub domain.

Like the vB one ( www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=25419 ), you set it up as:

[domainx.com]
bbtitle=Domain X Home
bburl=domainx.com
homeurl=domainx.com
catids=1
styleid=1
cookiedomain=.domainx.com
facebookappid=Your_appid_here
facebooksecret=Your_fb_secret_here

[domainx.com.au]
bbtitle=Domain X Australia
bburl=domainx.com.au
homeurl=domainx.com
catids=4
styleid=1
cookiedomain=.domainx.com.au

I mean, can you set up different facebook app id logins per sub domain.

Like the vB one ( www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=25419 ), you set it up as:

[domainx.com]
bbtitle=Domain X Home
bburl=domainx.com
homeurl=domainx.com
catids=1
styleid=1
cookiedomain=.domainx.com

[domainx.com.au]
bbtitle=Domain X Australia
bburl=domainx.com.au
homeurl=domainx.com
catids=4
styleid=1
cookiedomain=.domainx.com.au
Yes. Facebook app ID is an option in the ACP, so it would be able to be different for each domain.

Be great to see that added :)
Let me know if you want to contribute. I have no plans to add this at the moment.

Could there be a way to show on the main forum ALL the posts, but on sub domains to filter out different categories?

I put this on my test domain and it seems to work as promised. An side effects from installing it and later removing it?

I put this on my test domain and it seems to work as promised. An side effects from installing it and later removing it?
No, should be fine. Just don't leave it disabled as I've noticed that makes permissions behave a bit weirdly.

Just blew up my site adding it. I don't see it listed under add-ons to disable it (had to turn off all addons).
If it's not listed under add-ons, sounds like it didn't fully install, which might be the cause of your problems. How big is your site? I may have to change the installer to stop it timing out on larger sites.

If it's not listed under add-ons, sounds like it didn't fully install, which might be the cause of your problems. How big is your site? I may have to change the installer to stop it timing out on larger sites.

On reinstall it worked. Not sure why it failed. It is the second add-on I have used from you that failed the first time I installed but on second install worked perfectly. Any recommendations on what to look out for to prevent issues with installs? Otherwise thanks for the add-on!

On reinstall it worked. Not sure why it failed. It is the second add-on I have used from you that failed the first time I installed but on second install worked perfectly. Any recommendations on what to look out for to prevent issues with installs? Otherwise thanks for the add-on!
Definitely sounds like a timing out issue, which happens occasionally on larger sites. I'm working on ways to get round it.

Could questions:

1. Can you disable add-ons for certain sub-domains? that would be VERY powerful
2. Can you disable / enable notices for certain sub-domains?
3. This has the potential to be HUGE.. like Wordpress Multisite.

How do you do that?
By splitting it up into separate steps, like how XenForo upgrades.

1. Can you disable add-ons for certain sub-domains? that would be VERY powerful
Not exactly, although depending on the add-on you may be able to make it only appear on certain domains by using permissions and/or options.

2. Can you disable / enable notices for certain sub-domains?
Not currently.

3. This has the potential to be HUGE.. like Wordpress Multisite.
Is this a question? :p

Top Bottom