1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unmaintained [TH] Sub-Domains by ThemeHouse 1.0.1

Customise your forum based on the domain or run several forums from a single XenForo installation.

1. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

Waindigo submitted a new resource:

Sub-Domains by Waindigo - Customise your forum based on the domain or run several forums from a single XenForo installation.

Read more about this resource...
    0xym0r0n likes this.
  2. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

Last edited: Aug 17, 2013
  3. Matthew Hawley

Matthew Hawley Well-Known Member

I'm kind of confused. So lets say I have a gaming company called Matt's Games, and so I have a website called mattsgames.com. and then Im making two games, one called Space War and one called The Frontier. So then I had spacewar.mattsgames.com and thefrontier.mattsgames.com. I could have all those forums be connected?
  4. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

Correct. Obviously you could have done this anyway by having multiple XenForo installations and using our Single Sign On by Waindigo add-on. This add-on just gives you another way of doing it for sites that want to be a bit more connected with each other.
  5. Matthew Hawley

Matthew Hawley Well-Known Member

Okay. So I'm guessing by your big red notice that you have to have multiple xenforo licenses to use this? Of so....pity. :'(
  6. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

It depends how you use the add-on. I'm sure there will be scenarios where it will be fine to do it with one license. You need to read the agreement and contact XenForo if you are not sure.
    0xym0r0n likes this.
  7. Brentnauer

Brentnauer Well-Known Member

This is awesome; I may have a need for this soon.
    Jon W likes this.
  8. Sheratan

Sheratan Well-Known Member

Me too. :D
    Jon W likes this.
  9. 0xym0r0n

0xym0r0n Well-Known Member

Must implement soon.
    Jon W likes this.
  10. Degrinch

Degrinch Active Member

This, is awesome: I am in love with your idea as much I am with the firm plump breasts attached to the hot chick in my avatar at the time of posting this...

What files need be created in the additional subdomains? Any?
  11. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

Thanks. I take it that's not you then! ;)

You need to point all the subdomains to the same space on your server.
  12. Degrinch

Degrinch Active Member

No, that is not me. I only have one boob, it's on my shoulders. ;)

[​IMG] [​IMG]

What you've done to Xen, is much like what MU done to Wordpress.

I can't swear or try to "Circumvent" the curse filter or I get in poop from the admin here, but let me tell you if I could swear I'd use the word that starts with an F has a King at the end, and I would put it in between the words "Great" and "Job" in "This addon is awesome, Great " - " Job!"
    Jon W likes this.
  13. Degrinch

Degrinch Active Member

I am curious, are there global, and separate controls over addons for each sub directory? Can sub2.domain.tld make use of a specific addon, without applying it to domain.tld or sub4.domain.tld ????
  14. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

This will depend on the add-on. Any permission based add-on or add-on that can be enabled through the admin options should be able to be enabled or disabled per subdomain.
  15. Alfa1

Alfa1 Well-Known Member

Jon, This is brilliant. Thanks!

How does this handle the resource manager? Should a separate install of the RM be added to all domains?
    Can RM categories be shared between domains?
    Jon W likes this.
  16. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

It would show the same resource manager on every subdomain where users have permission to view it.
  17. Alfa1

Alfa1 Well-Known Member

I see. So then its a matter of getting RM category permissions to serve up custom categories per domain.
    Do the domains need to be subdomains or can I also use completely different domains?
  18. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

Correct. There may be add-ons available that can do this.

Domains will work too.
    NSL and Alfa1 like this.
  19. Alfa1

Alfa1 Well-Known Member

Awesome! Thanks Jon.
    Jon W likes this.
  20. The Forum Heroes

The Forum Heroes Well-Known Member

This is something I been waiting for, for along time now. vBulletin has a mod that did this and I missed xF not having it.

Can each sub-domain use a seperate log-in via facebook, twitter etc too?

Also does it have to be sub domains or can it be also like domain.com/minecraft domain.com/quake etc?