[TH] Sponsor Directory [Deleted]

We have been looking for a good site sponsor addon for about a month. After viewing Sponsor Directory 1.0.2 active on XFUniverse.com we knew we found what we were looking for. It took only a few minutes to download, install and set up the addon. It dose everything we needed and looks great. We recommend this addon to any site that is planning on having sited sponsorship. The only other feature I would really like to see added is a tab linking the sponsor page. Another great addon by Audentio Design - Rick Gaspa, Veterans Briefing.com

Want to see this addon live? Log onto VeteransBriefing.com and take a peek before purchasing.

Hi,

I'm thinking about this add-on. Seems a good choice for cXF.

Wondering if it's possible to add an option to automatically remove sponsor from Sponsor Bar after it expires (example: option to set how long a sponsor can show in a Sponsor Bar, after that it will only show it on Page or completely inactivate the sponsor).

Possible to add an option to show it in sidebar?

Also how much is the branding removal?

Thank you.

Hi,

I'm thinking about this add-on. Seems a good choice for cXF.

Wondering if it's possible to add an option to automatically remove sponsor from Sponsor Bar after it expires (example: option to set how long a sponsor can show in a Sponsor Bar, after that it will only show it on Page or completely inactivate the sponsor).

Possible to add an option to show it in sidebar?

Also how much is the branding removal?

Thank you.

That option doesn't currently exist however we could build it if more people show interest or if someone wants to fund it.

You can put the sponsor bar on any template hook :)

Branding removal is $50

I'd like that feature as well.

Also, I may have a bug to report. The randomizer for the logos work when I am logged in but, for whatever reason, doesn't when viewing my site as a guest.

That's odd. I'll have to look into it. It randomizes using javascript so there's no reason it shouldn't work

With Xenforo 1.5.0 RC2 and Sponsor Directory 1.0.2 i got an error on sponsors page. The image url doesn't shown. I had to change the code in /library/Audentio/SponsorDirectory/ControllerPublic/Sponsor.php

Found..
PHP:
foreach ($sponsors as &$sponsor)
        {
            $sponsor['image'] = XenForo_Application::$externalDataUrl . "/sponsor/".$sponsor['uploaded_image_name'];
        }

Change..
PHP:
foreach ($sponsors as &$sponsor)
        {
            if (!$sponsor['use_uploaded_file'])
            {
                $sponsor['image'] = $sponsor['image_url'];
                continue;
            }
            $sponsor['image'] = XenForo_Application::$externalDataUrl . "/sponsor/".$sponsor['uploaded_image_name'];
        }

Hey everyone, I am running into a weird problem that does not seem to have been covered. Unless I missed it I apologize. I am able to install the add-on. Add the sponsor link and images just fine. However when it displays the image SHRINKS!? I don't know if it is the theme I am using, but I thought this would make it's own space and size on the page? And then location, it is placing it at the top of the page.. how do I move it? I did not see any instructions anywhere? You can view it live here:
Windy City LAN

Hey everyone, I am running into a weird problem that does not seem to have been covered. Unless I missed it I apologize. I am able to install the add-on. Add the sponsor link and images just fine. However when it displays the image SHRINKS!?

Owl carousel causes this. It forces the image to fit within the height of the sponsor bar. You can change this height in your style properties though.

And then location, it is placing it at the top of the page.. how do I move it?

In your board options under sponsor bar you can change it's location to use any template hook you want, or use the predefined options :)

I found the settings and changed it from 80px to 100px.. didn't seem to change the size of the actual banner, I noticed the section get larger though. The banner has a height of 92px. Also the locations I have all checked. I feel like I am overlooking something.

<edit> and I edited the Height in the Sponsor Bar area too, that was 80px.

Attachments

• velocitymicro1.webp
    velocitymicro1.webp
    18.1 KB · Views: 6
  • velocitymicro2.webp
    velocitymicro2.webp
    25.1 KB · Views: 4
Just purchased and installed. Great add-on!

Any way to add an option to randomize the sponsors page listings? Thanks.

Would like to see a Navigation Tab if not already included (can't tell simply from screens.. see the page, but no idea how you get there).

Also, any chance to make an option in ACP to show as tab on main menu (navigation tab)?

Yeah, we can do this for the next release :)
- Jake

Is this release ready ;)? Maybe would like to have the link under the members tab.

I have a question: Are all images loaded immediatly or lazy, when the next image is needed in carousel? I have +50 sponsors and if all images are loaded at once, that's a lot of unnecessary traffic. Watching the network console it I am afraid it loads everything... Maybe that's why the banners "jump" when realoding a page containing the bar (Chrome, Edge does not show that behaviuor). You see the banners in the order of preparing the sponsors (all have order number 0) and when network loading has finished, the banners "jump" to the random position. I need the randomness.

I even have this addon installed, but nothing changes:
https://xenforo.com/community/resources/lazy-load-img.3979/

How can I avoid immediate loading and jumping in Chrome?

Last thing: on sponsor page linked (not uploaded) images do not show up:
1505929990065.webp

The images have the format like avatars here in XF2, so: https://xenforo.com/community/data/avatars/m/51/51273.jpg?1485466375

And last thing:
How would be the CSS please, if I want to avoid the popup list show up at smaller responsive resolution but always show at least one image? My sponsor banners have a width of 210px, which is suitable for any remote device.

An option for this (use/avoid popup at responsive resolution) would be great, but CSS will do the same. Which one, please?

Is this release ready ;)? Maybe would like to have the link under the members tab.

I have a question: Are all images loaded immediatly or lazy, when the next image is needed in carousel? I have +50 sponsors and if all images are loaded at once, that's a lot of unnecessary traffic. Watching the network console it I am afraid it loads everything... Maybe that's why the banners "jump" when realoding a page containing the bar (Chrome, Edge does not show that behaviuor). You see the banners in the order of preparing the sponsors (all have order number 0) and when network loading has finished, the banners "jump" to the random position. I need the randomness.

I even have this addon installed, but nothing changes:
https://xenforo.com/community/resources/lazy-load-img.3979/

How can I avoid immediate loading and jumping in Chrome?

Last thing: on sponsor page linked (not uploaded) images do not show up:
View attachment 158333

The images have the format like avatars here in XF2, so: https://xenforo.com/community/data/avatars/m/51/51273.jpg?1485466375
Hello, we have not released an update yet as we have been concentrating on XF2 products but are looking into updating XF1 products soon. The images themselves should load immediately but if you continue having issues please do create a ticket with us so that we can take a look.

I am unsure why your images are jumping but it is something to mention if you create a ticket on your issues. Be sure that you have "Display on Sponsor Page" ticked on all of your sponsorship images.

And last thing:
How would be the CSS please, if I want to avoid the popup list show up at smaller responsive resolution but always show at least one image? My sponsor banners have a width of 210px, which is suitable for any remote device.

An option for this (use/avoid popup at responsive resolution) would be great, but CSS will do the same. Which one, please?

And the description would be great as a tooltip on the banners in the carousel...
We will look into adding these ideas that you have presented in the next few releases.

Hello, we have not released an update yet as we have been concentrating on XF2 products but are looking into updating XF1 products soon. The images themselves should load immediately but if you continue having issues please do create a ticket with us so that we can take a look.

I am unsure why your images are jumping but it is something to mention if you create a ticket on your issues. Be sure that you have "Display on Sponsor Page" ticked on all of your sponsorship images.

We will look into adding these ideas that you have presented in the next few releases.

SO when are these releases coming?

Top Bottom