[TH] Spell Checker [Deleted]

Jon W

Waindigo submitted a new resource:

Spell Checker by Waindigo - Adds a spell checker button to your Redactor editor. Requires aspell and php-pspell to be installed.

This add-on adds a spell checker button to your Redactor editor.

Clicking the "Check Spelling" button enables spell checker mode which highlights any incorrectly spelled words, which can then be clicked on to view suggested alternatives.

This add-on requires aspell and php-pspell to be installed on your server.

There is an option to select which...

Read more about this resource...

Last edited:
Wow - Great addition. I will certainly download & install this tonight when I get home from work. Keep it up Waindigo!!!!

Waindigo updated Spell Checker by Waindigo with a new update entry:

Version 1.0.0a released

Bug fixes:
  • Fixes bug that suggestions do not appear directly under the incorrectly spelled word if Redactor editor has been scrolled.
  • Fixes bug that suggestions don't reposition under the incorrectly spelled word if the Redactor editor is scrolled or the window is resized. The suggestions now disappear if the Redactor editor is scrolled or the window is resized or scrolled.

Read the rest of this update entry...

For anyone using Debian and OpenLiteSpeed (or LiteSpeed) you will need to compile PHP (if you haven't already) with
Code:
'--with-pspell'
in the "Configure Parameters section, after doing a
Code:
apt-get install aspell libaspell-dev libpspell-dev

Last edited:
it is works for other language??
Apparently only 1 at a time (and you MUST have that language dictionary installed). From the description on the add-on page:
There is an option to select which language dictionary is used. You must have the appropriate aspell dictionary installed on your server.
and there is an image below it.

Question about performance
Can anyone test and tell me how is the performance impact of this addon? I don't know how complex/ressource demanding this addon is, but I fear that it will take i.e. 200ms more loading time on each thread page to load the page for the client browser or the browser slows down when scrolling/click second thread page.

i hope that the javascript doesn't do anything in "stand-by" mode (user doesn't use the feature / click the editor button)?

Question about performance
Can anyone test and tell me how is the performance impact of this addon? I don't know how complex/ressource demanding this addon is, but I fear that it will take i.e. 200ms more loading time on each thread page to load the page for the client browser or the browser slows down when scrolling/click second thread page.

i hope that the javascript doesn't do anything in "stand-by" mode (user doesn't use the feature / click the editor button)?
I would like this as well.

Also, is there a way to add your own words to the Dictionary? My forum Off Topicz uses the word "Tokenz" for the currency name of the forum. Would like to add it to the dictionary so it don't get highlighted all the time.

Additional load time is minimal if the spell checker is not used. I have no stats for if it is used.

If you are interested in extra features, such as the addition of words, drop me a pm to discuss contributing.

Thanks.

Top Bottom