[TH] Spell Checker [Deleted]

Pretty much if the spell checker doesn't work then it is not installed properly. Have you installed the language you want to use?
How do you install the language? All i wanted was english.. isnt that already installed by defualt on xen?

What is this error mean

Error Info
ErrorException: pspell_new() [<a href='function.pspell-new'>function.pspell-new</a>]: PSPELL couldn't open the dictionary. reason: No word lists can be found for the language &quot;en&quot;. -library/Waindigo/SpellChecker/Driver/PSpell.php:26
Generated By: ADMIN, A moment ago
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(2, 'pspell_new() [<...', '/home/rahstyl1/...', 26, Array)
#1 /home/rahstyl1/public_html/forum/library/Waindigo/SpellChecker/Driver/PSpell.php(26): pspell_new('en', '', '', 'utf-8')
#2 /home/rahstyl1/public_html/forum/library/Waindigo/SpellChecker.php(53): Waindigo_SpellChecker_Driver_PSpell->__construct(Array)
#3 /home/rahstyl1/public_html/forum/library/Waindigo/SpellChecker.php(33): Waindigo_SpellChecker->load_driver('PSpell', 'en')
#4 /home/rahstyl1/public_html/forum/library/Waindigo/SpellChecker/ControllerPublic/SpellChecker.php(10): Waindigo_SpellChecker->__construct()
#5 /home/rahstyl1/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): Waindigo_SpellChecker_ControllerPublic_SpellChecker->actionIndex()
#6 /home/rahstyl1/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#7 /home/rahstyl1/public_html/forum/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#8 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(45) "http://www.rahstyles.net/forum/spell-checker/"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(4) {
["lang"] => string(2) "en"
["driver"] => string(6) "PSpell"
["action"] => string(19) "get_incorrect_words"
["text"] => array(1) {
[0] => string(21) "waht the **** is this"
}
}

What is this error mean

Error Info
ErrorException: pspell_new() [<a href='function.pspell-new'>function.pspell-new</a>]: PSPELL couldn't open the dictionary. reason: No word lists can be found for the language
Usually it means that aspell/pspell can't find the dictionary for the language.

I dont get it? So how do u get this dictionary and where do u install it? Is iy somthing on the server or the forum?

I dont get it? So how do u get this dictionary and where do u install it? Is iy somthing on the server or the forum?
It - the dictionaries - (and and the PECL and executable) all have to be installed on the server. If you are not on a VPS or dedicated server, then you pretty much cannot use this.

Im on shared... but cant I ask my server guys to install it?
You can, but odds are they won't (if they are a "typical" shared hosting provider). Only a few exceptions that I know of that might do that, one of which is @Mike Edge and the hosting he provides. He offers a lot of extras that other hosts don't.
Reason being is a lot of those "additions" end up increasing the load on the server (and the associated use of resources) and reducing the number of clients that they can stick on it.

Something similar is why I left my shared host after a few months. I wanted to use GeoIP features and they would not install it. Went to a VPS, then a dedicated server, then a dedicated server that allows me to create my own VPS's.

I have aspell installed on server, but not sure if it installed library....
I have a VPS, if anyone is willing to help, LMK

Thanks

I have aspell installed on server, but not sure if it installed library....
I have a VPS, if anyone is willing to help, LMK

Thanks
Little more input... what OS are you using?
Normally you just need to install the executable, the PECL and then the dictionary (if it's not installed as a dependency). How you do that depends on the OS you are using and whether you are using a panel or administering via SSH.

I have a VPS with CentOS 6.5 with Cpanel.
I found some instructions online and followed them, and the library looked to have installed...
I was using Shell Commands...

When I enable the Addon, and click on spell check, it adds a log to the XenForo that says library not found.

During the install, it pushed this error. I had to disable all add-ons in order to access my site.

Fatal Error: Access to undeclared static property: _Listener_Template::$_copyrightNotice -library/Waindigo/Listener/ControllerPreDispatch/20140326.php(711) : eval()'d code:6

Try installing the latest version of Install and Upgrade by Waindigo. It looks like there is a bit of a clash with some of the shared files in this add-on and another older add-on.

Top Bottom