[TH] Spam Rules [Deleted]

Jon W

Waindigo submitted a new resource:

Spam Rules by Waindigo - Create custom rules for stopping spam content on your forum.

This add-on adds a new Spam Rules section to the Admin Control Panel which allows you to create individual custom rules for stopping spam content being posted.

For example, you could set a rule to stop users with less than a certain number of posts from being able to post content with a certain number of links.

If you have GeoIP installed, you can...

Read more about this resource...

Last edited:
Reactions: rdn
Is there an option to let's say apply the spam rule only for users with less than X posts and instead of rejecting or sending to the moderation queue simply issue an automatic ban?

hmmm i didnt know how to do this :-

i need to stop posting links for those who r less than 5 post/thread or register within 5 days for example

is it possible ?!

I have tested and can not replicate the issue you are having. Note that spam rules only apply to certain users. Check the Spam Management options (Home -> Options -> Spam Management) in your Admin CP.

Waindigo updated Spam Rules by Waindigo with a new update entry:

Version 1.1.0 released

New features:
  • Added ability to create User Spam Rules to set criteria for stopping users from registering (some features taken from the now unmaintained User Registration Spam Rules by Waindigo which will be automatically uninstalled with this update). This now includes the request criteria "IP address is registered in".
  • Added request criteria "User has open port" to Spam...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I installed this on a 1.4.2 site and had no immediate issues. So good there. Though the port option under Request Criteria appears to be trying the wrong phrase text, both under the normal Spam Rules and User Spam Rules areas. It's not a big deal to me, but I imagine you'd want this to say the right thing. :)
s05e1811b89d1.png

Be careful setting up user spam rules. I set it up to block registrations for one country, but the particular country chosen didn't save and the rule blocked all registrations for an entire day until I noticed!!!
Double check that the blocked country/countries are saved ok.
This bug needs fixing ASAP please.

Server error whenever someone tries to register.
XenForo_Exception: Invalid model 'Waindigo_UserRegSpam_Model_UserSpamRule' specified - library/XenForo/Model.php:192
Generated By: Unknown Account, A moment ago
Stack Trace
#0 /home/sites/avforums/public_html/library/XenForo/Model.php(113): XenForo_Model::create('Waindigo_UserRe...')
#1 /home/sites/avforums/public_html/library/Waindigo/SpamRules/Extend/XenForo/Model/SpamPrevention.php(81): XenForo_Model->getModelFromCache('Waindigo_UserRe...')
#2 /home/sites/avforums/public_html/library/Waindigo/SpamRules/Extend/XenForo/Model/SpamPrevention.php(73): Waindigo_SpamRules_Extend_XenForo_Model_SpamPrevention->_checkUserSpamRules(Array, Object(Zend_Controller_Request_Http))
#3 /home/sites/avforums/public_html/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Register.php(1406): Waindigo_SpamRules_Extend_XenForo_Model_SpamPrevention->allowRegistration(Array, Object(Zend_Controller_Request_Http))
#4 /home/sites/avforums/public_html/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Register.php(401): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Register->_runSpamCheck(Object(ElUsernotes_Extend_DataWriter_User), Array)
#5 /home/sites/avforums/public_html/library/UserEss/ControllerPublic/Register.php(68): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Register->actionRegister()
#6 /home/sites/avforums/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): UserEss_ControllerPublic_Register->actionRegister()
#7 /home/sites/avforums/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#8 /home/sites/avforums/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#9 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(42) "https://www.avforums.com/register/register"
["_GET"] => array(1) {
["/register/register"] => string(0) ""
}
["_POST"] => array(17) {
["username"] => string(0) ""
["bbc9845b8dbbd65a8d71edf73a949c6c"] => string(11) "TestAccount"
["6b1c549d9ec430be48dd2d2d28eb258e"] => string(17) "stewart@m2n.co.uk"
["password"] => string(8) "********"
["f09c2bdf1ce93ee93d94fec2e8958e0c"] => string(4) "male"
["dob_month"] => string(1) "1"
["dob_day"] => string(2) "19"
["dob_year"] => string(4) "1965"
["location"] => string(10) "Birmingham"
["215e29e1352bdc206b232de670f99b5d"] => array(1) {
["odcwnmzlmtjl"] => string(0) ""
}
["custom_fields_shown"] => array(1) {
[0] => string(12) "odcwnmzlmtjl"
}
["aa317818be2235f84d6ebd9bc345c0d5"] => string(13) "Europe/London"
["recaptcha_challenge_field"] => string(292) "03AHJ_VuvS6-R6RpyGAcghgZDaz_JHcS5vGh768pJgkaNIlRmwf4Inew9govvSX2HXmEoxyf92ju1xA08K-PvT-HyJCLoCV74sqz0PuoXX9elb5tSfWSm8fwnwhSVvft0g77THY0AL9PJLjlXk9EuvIslaZU_b9d2BSq2DWOoSfHpf6tIPOAaOFmHONlYFRjEBvSqMzEkew10a2HqZZLP3se9pp_s0JfPBNnVQLh--yoOLedUwtoZ7hrf9ZebIe8ey1Gr-Y8fKSFf_4v0_VJZQC1CQnUoJ3fPqdQ"
["recaptcha_response_field"] => string(11) "sev nefewsm"
["agree"] => string(1) "1"
["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
["reg_key"] => string(32) "8706fe12e26915f4f6b0cf44a22f0727"
}
}
Disabled the addon

Last edited:
Waindigo updated Spam Rules by Waindigo with a new update entry:

Version 1.1.1 released

Bug fixes:
  • Fixed bug that when editing a spam rule, any open port options no longer appear to be filled in, and when editing a user spam rule, any countries selected do not appear as selected.
  • Spam rule no longer rejects all content/registrations if checkboxes are ticked but no options are selected or if GeoIP fails.
  • Fixed bug that user spam rules were still using files from the old add-on to check rules, resulting in countries not being checked (and always resulting in...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Top Bottom