[TH] Spam Rules [Deleted]

Check your own user id. If your account was not the very first created, or isn't number 1 for some other reason, then you need a different number set. If you visit your account's profile page on your website, the number in the address is your user id. Like how here on Xenforo, your user id is 72903.

If you're still not recognized as a super admin after verifying the superAdmin id matches your own, it'd probably be best to make a separate help thread here on Xenforo, so we don't spam this add-on's thread with a mostly unrelated problem.

Thanks. That was clearly the problem. I now have another, but I've started a separate thread for it. Thanks again for helping me discover the issue.

@Jon W the user registration blocking element of this seems to have stopped working on AVForums.
Despite new registrations from Pakistan being blocked
1.webp
People from there are still registering
2.webp
We are running the latest version of Xenforo.

@Jon W the user registration blocking element of this seems to have stopped working on AVForums.
Despite new registrations from Pakistan being blocked
View attachment 100573
People from there are still registering
View attachment 100574
We are running the latest version of Xenforo.
Can't see any reason why this would stop working. Is the add-on that adds the flags on your new members page using the same GeoIP tool as the Spam Rules add-on, or is it using something different?

Can't see any reason why this would stop working. Is the add-on that adds the flags on your new members page using the same GeoIP tool as the Spam Rules add-on, or is it using something different?
I'm sure it uses something different. That's a free addon, I think. Would make sense for both to use the same method. @Snog's addon uses a cron to download the IP data to a data file and uses that.

I'm sure it uses something different. That's a free addon, I think. Would make sense for both to use the same method. @Snog's addon uses a cron to download the IP data to a data file and uses that.
I've released a separate add-on which will allow this add-on to use GeoLite IP data, which is the same as @Snog uses in his add-on:
https://xenforo.com/community/resources/geolite-by-waindigo.4104/

You will need to update your rules after installing that add-on.

I've set a rule that prohibits links until a member has posted five messages. For whatever reason, spammers are still able to post spam with links on their first try.

Can't see any reason why this would stop working.
It's still not working after installing the GeoIP and running the cron (which ran fine, thank you). People from Pakistan are still registering. I have a feeling that the values for the default IP related PHP variables may not be what they should be. Is there a way to maybe create a log temporarily so we can investigate what is going on?

I've set a rule that prohibits links until a member has posted five messages. For whatever reason, spammers are still able to post spam with links on their first try.
Can you post a screenshot of what your settings look like?

It's still not working after installing the GeoIP and running the cron (which ran fine, thank you). People from Pakistan are still registering. I have a feeling that the values for the default IP related PHP variables may not be what they should be. Is there a way to maybe create a log temporarily so we can investigate what is going on?
Can you post a screenshot of what your settings look like?

Thanks.

it's missing in mine

watch this gif

ok my gif is not working, but it is missing in my admin panel

Attachments

• countries missing.gif
    countries missing.gif
    195.7 KB · Views: 3
  • pic.gif
    pic.gif
    189.4 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
I installed geoLite by waindigo and it downloaded for me. It downloadled fine. Where exactly do i have to configure it.

Is this one of those whm and cpanel things?

I installed geoLite by waindigo and it downloaded for me. It downloadled fine. Where exactly do i have to configure it.

Is this one of those whm and cpanel things?

I'm not familiar with that addon, personally setup GeoIP myself for my servers. Though from the resource thread, it seems the addon did not install successfully for you(?) You may want to clean the addon out, ensure your system meets the requirements, and install it again.

I just had to install zip archive and after that it worked.

But this one doesn't work. I will try to install this add-on again.

If you don't hear from me it's because i gave up and if you do it's because it worked.

thanks for your help,

I just had to install zip archive and after that it worked.

But this one doesn't work. I will try to install this add-on again.

If you don't hear from me it's because i gave up and if you do it's because it worked.

thanks for your help,
With GeoIP Lite its a premium feature. So you will need to purchase a subscription.

Hello

Can I use this with GeoIP Lite to disable registration not only from a specific country but from a specific region/City too?

Thanks

I have never used this add-on, but I have a suggestion so this add-on would become useful for me.

It would be great if we could have separate spam phrases and spam trigger settings for conversations.
I need strong spam settings for my forum, but not really for conversations. And my new users are really annoyed because they can't send links. Then they just leave and start a conversation on facebook. :(

Top Bottom