[TH] Spam Rules [Deleted]

Is there way to make this take priority over Akismet when it comes to posting?

I made a test account and spammy post to fit the criteria of a rule and the rule worked perfectly to reject the post. However, a "genuine" spam account registered hours later and attempted a spam post that should have met the Spam Rules criteria, but was caught by Akismet instead. Caught by Akismet, the post went into moderation instead of being outright rejected.

I don't consider this a bug with Spam Rules though. Just if there's a way to give Spam Rules 'first' choice on handling a potential spam post when used next to Akismet, information or an update would be very appreciated. :)

Is there way to make this take priority over Akismet when it comes to posting?

I made a test account and spammy post to fit the criteria of a rule and the rule worked perfectly to reject the post. However, a "genuine" spam account registered hours later and attempted a spam post that should have met the Spam Rules criteria, but was caught by Akismet instead. Caught by Akismet, the post went into moderation instead of being outright rejected.

I don't consider this a bug with Spam Rules though. Just if there's a way to give Spam Rules 'first' choice on handling a potential spam post when used next to Akismet, information or an update would be very appreciated. :)
We follow the standard XenForo spam procedure. You may wish to make this as a suggestion to XenForo as it presumably is the case with all their other spam rules too.

Suggestions :

Maybe admin can add some regular expression which will be checked on post message / post title / both (admin can choose).
And add 1 more "action" :
- ban user, with editable ban duration.
So for example admin can set minor spamming to result short time ban, and serious spamming to result permanent ban. :)

Does this work on post edits? It appears not to.
So spammers are posting a message, it's not got spam in it, so it's allowed through. Then they edit the message and post spam.

Does this work on post edits? It appears not to.
So spammers are posting a message, it's not got spam in it, so it's allowed through. Then they edit the message and post spam.
Just looked at the core XenForo code. Seems like as long as spammers edit a post in an overlay then it doesn't get filtered. Seems like a massive oversight from XenForo. I will report as a bug.

I am running Xenforo 1.4.4 and this is what I get with the add on:

upload_2015-1-21_9-32-33.webp

Nothing else. What am I doing wrong?

I am running Xenforo 1.4.4 and this is what I get with the add on:

View attachment 95655

Nothing else. What am I doing wrong?

The rules are set separately from the options. You should see a "Spam Rules" link on the sidebar of the home and users tabs of the admin cp.
2015012107001.png
2015012141002.png

My guesses of what the problem might be are..
- something is not uploading right (perhaps File Health Check will be helpful)
- for some reason templates are not being made (search theme templates for waindigo)
- your account isn't being recognized as a superadmin and thus doesn't have permission (check the file library/config.php)

you don't see this line in the file library/config.php ? (number based on user id)
Code:
$config['superAdmins'] = '1';

If you don't, then that's the issue.

This is odd. That line is there, but when I go to Administrators in control panel, I see:

upload_2015-1-21_10-58-17.webp
And while there are Super Moderators, there are no Super Admins in the User Group Permissions.

Top Bottom