[TH] Social Permissions [Deleted]

Jon W

Waindigo submitted a new resource:

Social Permissions by Waindigo - An extension for Social Groups by Waindigo. Allows different permissions for each social forum.

Description:

This add-on adds a new permission that can be given to Social Forum creators and moderators so that they can grant additional permissions to members and guests of their Social Forum.

Anyone with the ability to edit permissions can additionally grant only the permissions that a creator of a Social Forum would have and cannot revoke any permissions.

In order to use this add-on, you must have...

Read more about this resource...

Hi mate,

I am trying to deny members the ability to create a new thread in someones social group.

Can't seem to get this to work. By default I have "members" not allowed to post a new thread in social groups. When I go to a category it has creators and moderators checked to create new threads, the members permission is unchecked. However, members can still post new threads into someones social group. I am guessing I have done something wrong?

Thanks.

first, you have to use the regular forum permissions to revoke permission to post from all users in that branch of the node tree

then group permissions can be used to grant 'additional' permissions to group members in social categories in that branch

otherwise anyone can post in a social category however regular forum permissions allow them to

first, you have to use the regular forum permissions to revoke permission to post from all users in that branch of the node tree

then group permissions can be used to grant 'additional' permissions to group members in social categories in that branch

otherwise anyone can post in a social category however regular forum permissions allow them to

Whoops, forgot about that one. Thanks, that did the trick :)

This is a bit difficult.

How would I go about when I need the following permissions.

I have:

Category-node "Groups"

-- groups for men (social category)

--- about cars (everybody may see this group)
--- about women (only registered members may see this group)
--- about our weaknesses (only members of this group may see this group exists)

-- groups for women (social category)

--- flowers

How would I go about?
- setting the permissions in the options-section
- setting them in the usergroup-sextion
- using the permissions in this add-on

Thanks!

This is a bit difficult.

I have:

Category-node "Groups"

--- flowers

How would I go about?

Thanks!
It is not currently possible to set the visibility of social groups on a per-group level.

This is a bit difficult.

I have:

Category-node "Groups"

--- flowers

How would I go about?

Thanks!

Are you trying to make it so that these groups are only viewable to specific Gender?

What do you mean when you say contribute?
Usually this means someone paying the cost of developing this feature. Please PM me if you are interested. Unless you happen to know how to code it, in which case we can accept that as a contribution instead.

I think I am going to struggle to set this up how I need.

I need everybody, even non members to be able to see the social category.
I need regular forum members to be able to the see the group itself, with description, etc but i dont want them to be able to see any discussions, memberlists or anything else. They should be able to request to join though.
Members of the group that have been accepted by the owner should be able to see all.

Is this possible?

@Waindigo for the unregistered / unconfirmed group I have explicitly defined 'never' permissions to 'view social group members', yet they can still be seen. I'm finding a fair few bugs here unless I have this all set up wrong, which could be possible :D

Waindigo updated Social Permissions by Waindigo with a new update entry:

Version 1.1.0 released

New features:
  • Added a new option for even more permission flexibility. It is now possible to create pre-defined social permission sets that users can select from when creating or editing a social forum. This allows you to have groups with different permissions in the same category but without having to explain and/or make available the full list of available permissions.
Bug fixes:
  • Replaced hard-coded phrase 'Update Permissions' with XenForo phrase...

Read the rest of this update entry...

So, gave guest permissions all unchecked for one forum, but guests can still see the social forum. Do I need to first revoke in the ACP the ability of all usergroups to view social forums? Then social forum creators grant group-by-group, forum-by-forum?

Top Bottom