[TH] Social Groups [Deleted]

I took a look at the issue reported earlier but it's not something I can resolve in my add-on.

Featuring a thread and grabbing the first attached image does not involve the $forum param at all and hence $forum['node_type_id'] is not available, which is the cause of the error:
Code:
if ($forum['node_type_id'] == 'SocialCategory' && !isset($socialForum['social_forum_id']))
{
}
There is no reason to include it, and to do so would require quite a bit of code changes, so it would have to be something which is fixed in this add-on, using something like the fix Bloodcinder posted.

I took a look at the issue reported earlier but it's not something I can resolve in my add-on.

Featuring a thread and grabbing the first attached image does not involve the $forum param at all and hence $forum['node_type_id'] is not available, which is the cause of the error:
Code:
if ($forum['node_type_id'] == 'SocialCategory' && !isset($socialForum['social_forum_id']))
{
}
There is no reason to include it, and to do so would require quite a bit of code changes, so it would have to be something which is fixed in this add-on, using something like the fix Bloodcinder posted.

Thanks, Brogan. I can only hope the author of this add-on still cares enough to fix it. Otherwise I'll have to migrate my users off of this.

It looks like there is an incompatibility with CTA Featured Threads. When Featured Threads passes the array of forum information to Social Groups, it's not including the node_type_id field, which Social Groups needs in order to give a response about whether the user has attachment permissions. I suspect the problem would have to be fixed in Featured Threads, which is omitting some of the node data that certain add-ons such as Social Groups would require.

Here's a patch that should avoid the error in the meantime.

• Open /library/Waindigo/SocialGroups/Extend/XenForo/Model/Forum.php.
  • Find in line 18...
    Code:
    $forum['node_type_id']
  • Replace with...
    Code:
    isset($forum['node_type_id']) && $forum['node_type_id']
  • Save the changes.
This may cause another error to appear somewhere else but should otherwise patch it until a better resolution is made.

I will try this. Thanks. If there are other errors I notice as a result, I will post about them.

Getting server errors everytime I enable this

Code:
ErrorException: Undefined index: thread_read_date - library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Thread.php:674
We recently added this to our forum and have been hitting the same error report when the add on is enabled, causing random users problem when trying to post. Was it ever acknowledged and a cause/fix found? Thanks.

Are there known Issues with XF1.5? I receive the Error "Undefined index: find_route" when opening a thread.

Okay, I'll fixed it.
If someone hab the same problem:
Opel File library/Waindigo/SocialGroups/Extend/XenForo/Route/Prefix/Forums.php

and search for:
PHP:
                   foreach ($routeFilters['social-forums'] as $filter) {
                        list ($from, $to) = XenForo_Link::translateRouteFilterToRegex($filter['find_route'],
                            $filter['replace_route']);

$newLink = preg_replace($from, $to, $link);
                        if ($newLink != $link) {
                            $link = $newLink;
                            break;
                        }
                    }

and replace it with:
PHP:
foreach ($routeFilters['social-forums'] as $filter)
 {
            if (array_key_exists('find_route',$filter) && array_key_exists('replace_route',$filter))
            {
                            list ($from, $to) = XenForo_Link::translateRouteFilterToRegex($filter['find_route'],
                                $filter['replace_route']);

$newLink = preg_replace($from, $to, $link);
            }
            else
            {
                $newLink = $link;
            }
            if ($newLink != $link) {
                            $link = $newLink;
                            break;
            }
}

wierd code, it can be done much better, but it's only a quick fix.

I found a glitch also If you have 2 social group forums and then you move 1 group to the other social group forum it does not update the statistics for the new social forum (discussion and messages) and it will keep the statistics on the old one forever even if you empty out the social forum it will show like Discussions 1 Message 1.

With my changes it works perfectly with 1.5

And I really appreciate you sharing them here. My underlying concern is that if the author has decided to stop updating things then long term there is a risk of future upgrades being at the mercy of kind people like yourself.

And I really appreciate you sharing them here. My underlying concern is that if the author has decided to stop updating things then long term there is a risk of future upgrades being at the mercy of kind people like yourself.
The next version of XenForo is likely to be XenForo 2.0 which will cause every add-on to stop working. This is a huge problem for a developer with a huge number of free add-ons like me.

As you may have noticed, I am in the process of launching Cake (see my signature) which is a selection of paid add-ons for which I will be guaranteeing support for XenForo 2.0. The most popular Waindigo add-ons will be ported over to Cake, so if future compatibility is something important to you, please consider purchasing a Cake license to show your support.

The next version of XenForo is likely to be XenForo 2.0 which will cause every add-on to stop working. This is a huge problem for a developer with a huge number of free add-ons like me.

As you may have noticed, I am in the process of launching Cake (see my signature) which is a selection of paid add-ons for which I will be guaranteeing support for XenForo 2.0. The most popular Waindigo add-ons will be ported over to Cake, so if future compatibility is something important to you, please consider purchasing a Cake license to show your support.

Just trying to give feedback from a customer here. If you are willing to walk away and not update things that people rely on, and have sent you a good amount of money for, then you aren't going to inspire any confidence moving forward as someone that I would trust my future forum addons with.

Just trying to give feedback from a customer here. If you are willing to walk away and not update things that people rely on, and have sent you a good amount of money for, then you aren't going to inspire any confidence moving forward as someone that I would trust my future forum addons with.
Thanks for your feedback.

I'm sad that you think this is me "walking away" from this. I've been developing add-ons for XenForo for nearly 4 years and have always been keen to support the XenForo community of forum owners as much as possible.

Upgrading add-ons to XenForo 2.0 is going to be incredibly costly for every add-on developer though, and I'm keen to make sure that I have a well thought out and fully funded plan to do this to ensure that I don't have to walk away from this. Given that XenForo 2.0 is going to break EVERY add-on (not just Waindigo add-ons), I'm sure some developers will call it a day, but I'm not one of those developers.

Having thought carefully about all the options, I consider that using the period leading up to the release of XenForo 2.0 to re-write some of my older and most popular add-ons to make them more XenForo 2.0-ready and then release them as paid add-ons prior to release of XenForo 2.0 is the best option.

Last edited:
Hello,
Can you update the plugin to allow us to move posts from regular foru mto social forum and back. I have about 20 gangs that we are migrating to social forums with in the community and we need to move posts.

Thank You

Getting a ton of errors like this on Xenforo 1.5,

Code:
ErrorException: Undefined index: node_type_id - library/Waindigo/SocialGroups/Extend/XenForo/Model/Forum.php:18
Generated By: CMPuLs3, 10 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 /var/www/vhosts/theforum.com/httpdocs/library/Waindigo/SocialGroups/Extend/XenForo/Model/Forum.php(18): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', '/var/www/vhosts...', 18, Array)
#1 /var/www/vhosts/theforum.com/httpdocs/library/XenForo/Model/Forum.php(482): Waindigo_SocialGroups_Extend_XenForo_Model_Forum->canUploadAndManageAttachment(Array, NULL, NULL, NULL)
#2 /var/www/vhosts/theforum.com/httpdocs/library/CTA/FeaturedThreads/ControllerPublic/Thread.php(1145): XenForo_Model_Forum->getAttachmentParams(Array, Array)
#3 /var/www/vhosts/theforum.com/httpdocs/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): CTA_FeaturedThreads_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionFeaturedThreadImages()
#4 /var/www/vhosts/theforum.com/httpdocs/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#5 /var/www/vhosts/theforum.com/httpdocs/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#6 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(297) "https://www.theforum.com/threads/lucha-underground-season-2-confirmed-for-2016.18977/featured-thread-images?&_xfRequestUri=%2Fthreads%2Flucha-underground-season-2-confirmed-for-2016.18977%2F&_xfNoRedirect=1&_xfToken=1%2C1442888806%2C29388e4b7945f955aa12212a0395c1cda6bb4e3b&_xfResponseType=json"
  ["_GET"] => array(4) {
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(61) "/threads/lucha-underground-season-2-confirmed-for-2016.18977/"
    ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(53) "1,1442888806,29388e4b7945f955aa12212a0395c1cda6bb4e3b"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

When ever I the admin try to upload a custom AVATAR for such group or when ever the group leaders do, says to select another photo no bigger than 0 bytes... I am confused. The bites for forum avatars is not 0. Where do I click to edit this?

Hi. I've recently uploaded this add-on and have been testing it out on my site. Something I've noticed is that if a member requests to join a group and the creator makes that user a member of the group, the member doesn't get an alert to notify them that their request was accepted.
Is there some way for members to be notified that their request has been accepted?

Top Bottom