[TH] Social Groups [Deleted]

I would love to see some more features for Social Forums. Any idea on when you might be taking contributions toward certain features?
We have a few new features in the pipeline thanks to some members who have contributed already, but we're always looking for other members who are interested in contributing to particular features.

How can I remove the social forums tab from the profile?
Adding the following CSS to your EXTRA.CSS template should work (you may have to alter the number of + li's if you have other add-ons installed that add tabs):
Code:
.profilePage ul.Tabs li:first-child + li + li + li + li {
    display: none;
}

.profilePage #ProfilePanes li:first-child + li + li + li + li {
    display:none;
}

HI guys, installed this recently, and am seeing this in the Error Log:

Code:
Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli prepare error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ')) ORDER BY social_forum.title ASC' at line 13 - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:77
Generated By: Unknown Account, 9 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 /home2/*******/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Statement.php(115): Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare('?????SELECT soc...')
#1 /home2/*******/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php(381): Zend_Db_Statement->__construct(Object(Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli), '?????SELECT soc...')
#2 /home2/*******/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(478): Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare('?????SELECT soc...')
#3 /home2/*******/public_html/library/XenForo/Model.php(219): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('?????SELECT soc...', Array, 2)
#4 /home2/*******/public_html/library/Waindigo/SocialGroups/Model/SocialForum.php(323): XenForo_Model->fetchAllKeyed('?????SELECT soc...', 'social_forum_id')
#5 /home2/*******/public_html/library/Waindigo/SocialGroups/Model/SocialForum.php(408): Waindigo_SocialGroups_Model_SocialForum->getSocialForums(Array, Array)
#6 /home2/*******/public_html/library/Waindigo/SocialGroups/ControllerPublic/SocialCategory.php(125): Waindigo_SocialGroups_Model_SocialForum->getStickySocialForumsInForum(69, Array, Array)
#7 /home2/*******/public_html/library/Waindigo/LastPostAvatar/Extend/Waindigo/SocialGroups/ControllerPublic/SocialCategory.php(31): Waindigo_SocialGroups_ControllerPublic_SocialCategory->actionForum()
#8 /home2/*******/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(337): Waindigo_LastPostAvatar_Extend_Waindigo_SocialGroups_ControllerPublic_SocialCategory->actionForum()
#9 /home2/*******/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#10 /home2/*******/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#11 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(55) "http://mineplay.com/social-categories/social-groups.69/"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Any ideas? Thanks.

When trying to approve members into the group after selecting member, moderator or both and hitting save it just hangs.

It's been like this for maybe 20 minutes now.

Screen Shot 2013-08-08 at 09.20.33.webp

I am getting this error when checking out forum threads:

Template Errors: EWRporta_ArticleView
  1. Declaration of Waindigo_SocialGroups_Model_SocialForumAvatar::getAvatarFilePath() should be compatible with that of XenForo_Model_Avatar::getAvatarFilePath() in /xxxxxx/xxxxxx/public_html/library/Waindigo/SocialGroups/Model/SocialForumAvatar.php, line 304:
    303: ';
    304: $this->addRequiredExternal('js', 'js/xenforo/discussion.js');
    305: $__compilerVar13 .= '

I am getting this error when trying to open Social Forums category:

An exception occurred: Declaration of Waindigo_SocialGroups_Model_SocialForumAvatar::getAvatarFilePath() should be compatible with that of XenForo_Model_Avatar::getAvatarFilePath() in /xxxxxx/xxxxxx/public_html/library/Waindigo/SocialGroups/Model/SocialForumAvatar.php on line 7

1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in Waindigo/SocialGroups/Model/SocialForumAvatar.php at line 7
  2. include() in XenForo/Autoloader.php at line 119
  3. XenForo_Autoloader->autoload()
  4. spl_autoload_call() in Waindigo/SocialGroups/Template/Helper/SocialForum.php at line 21
  5. Waindigo_SocialGroups_Template_Helper_SocialForum::getAvatarUrls() in Waindigo/SocialGroups/ViewPublic/SocialCategory/View.php at line 17
  6. Waindigo_SocialGroups_ViewPublic_SocialCategory_View->renderHtml() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php at line 227
  7. XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php at line 67
  8. XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 572
  9. XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 158
  10. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home4/newsecon/public_html/index.php at line 13

@masterchief I believe the latest update fixed the above bug.

FYI - I have been using the latest update and everything was working fine until this morning. Reinstalling right now. It is possible XF is reverting templates, as I am getting intermittent notices that templates have not finished updating when there has been nothing happening for that to be necessary.

Addon is now working.

Any idea if it would be possible to style the social groups like http://www.rpdom.com/ has with roleyplay list at the bottom? On my site I allow social groups to upload a banner and it would just use that as the image similar to rpdom. Example of my social group with banner: http://indiegamers.com/game/castle-story.2/

Also hoping you will soon be available for custom development on this addon... need a few more core features before I can really use this addon.

This is probably a php time limit related issue. I had the same thing with better blogs, which was solved by editing the php time limit.
This is possible if you have a very large site (or are on a slow/shared server). Have you tried editing the php time limit?

Top Bottom