[TH] Social Groups [Deleted]

Not sure how this happened. I have Social Groups, XenAtendo and XenAtendo More installed.

Undefined index: event_mins
XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in EWRatendo/Model/Events.php at line 196
EWRatendo_Model_Events->updateEvent() in Waindigo/SocialGroups/ControllerPublic/Events.php at line 45
Waindigo_SocialGroups_ControllerPublic_Events->actionCreate() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/familymm/public_html/forums/index.php at line 13

Not sure how this happened. I have Social Groups, XenAtendo and XenAtendo More installed.

Undefined index: event_mins
XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in EWRatendo/Model/Events.php at line 196
EWRatendo_Model_Events->updateEvent() in Waindigo/SocialGroups/ControllerPublic/Events.php at line 45
Waindigo_SocialGroups_ControllerPublic_Events->actionCreate() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/familymm/public_html/forums/index.php at line 13
What version of XenAtendo do you have installed? Also, make sure you install XenAtendo More after XenAtendo. You might want to try upgrading it to make sure that the install file runs correctly.

What version of XenAtendo do you have installed? Also, make sure you install XenAtendo More after XenAtendo. You might want to try upgrading it to make sure that the install file runs correctly.

1.4.9. I'll update XenAtendo later on and see if I can reproduce.

Jon.....

Having a slight issue on uninstall.

The add-on is installed.

I go to uninstall, says cannot be found. Go back, there is no listing of it in Add-Ons, and yet there is still usergroup permissions, etc...
I went through numerous attempts to try to uninstall it. You can find my posts on this thread.
Finally with help from Dinh Thanh, I got it to uninstall. You need to turn on debug mode and uncheck the Uninstall calls inside this addon. There are numerous steps to drop the tables and phrase, hooks from this addon. I probably wouldn't advise anyone going through the manual process I did.
I hope the author would update and improve the uninstallation routine for you.

I went through numerous attempts to try to uninstall it. You can find my posts on this thread.
Finally with help from Dinh Thanh, I got it to uninstall. You need to turn on debug mode and uncheck the Uninstall calls inside this addon. There are numerous steps to drop the tables and phrase, hooks from this addon. I probably wouldn't advise anyone going through the manual process I did.
I hope the author would update and improve the uninstallation routine for you.
We do offer paid support. Otherwise, a new version is coming, which I have already offered to send to Stuart -- but it has not been fully tested yet, which is why it is not yet released.

This add-on is more complicated than most add-ons because it includes specific support for a number of add-ons such as XenAtendo and Nodes As Tabs. There are also numerous versions of those add-ons out there. Most problems arise when you then disable or uninstall those add-ons but leave the files in place.

I kind of understand why you wouldn't want to pay the developer of an add-on that you are uninstalling, but wasting loads of time manually removing tables seems like a classic case of cutting off one's nose to spite their face.

Sounds good. As for now, I simply can't use the addon, even though it does everything I want it too. However, I can't get the permissions to work correctly. Or, maybe what I try is impossible?:

I want only group members to see group forum posts contents etc, but I still want everyone to see the group list/descriptions when they are not members. I have tried several solutions posted in this thread without success. It either removes everything, or lets everyone see and post everywhere, nothing lets me get something in between, even though it should have.

Sounds good. As for now, I simply can't use the addon, even though it does everything I want it too. However, I can't get the permissions to work correctly. Or, maybe what I try is impossible?:

I want only group members to see group forum posts contents etc, but I still want everyone to see the group list/descriptions when they are not members. I have tried several solutions posted in this thread without success. It either removes everything, or lets everyone see and post everywhere, nothing lets me get something in between, even though it should have.
This should be possible. You need to revoke the permission for viewing/creating threads by editing the node permissions for your Social Category, and then "add back" the permission for viewing/creating threads by going to the add-on options screen.

That still gives this message instead of showing a list of groups: There are no social forums to display.
Are you are allowing the permission to View Social Forums in the node permissions? Also, I assume you have created social forums?

If I allow view social forums everyone can post everywhere again. And yes, I have a social forums category. We have one open free to join group created, and one moderated group, and everyone can post everywhere.

If I allow view social forums everyone can post everywhere again. And yes, I have a social forums category. We have one open free to join group created, and one moderated group, and everyone can post everywhere.
Make sure you are using 'Revoke' or 'Never' and not just 'Inherit'. You need to actively remove the view/create threads permissions from a user, otherwise they will have it.

Yea, I have a clean test user, and everything on revoke other then view node and view social forum. It can post in all groups...

There is a bug in the uninstall procedure of v1.0.2

I had the mod Nodes As Tabs installed as well as this one and I was uninstalling all mods and had uninstalled Nodes As Tabs prior to uninstalling this mod so when I tried to uninstall this one I got the following error:
Code:
Error Info
Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli prepare error: Table 'rfcom_forum.nat_options' doesn't exist - library\Zend\Db\Statement\Mysqli.php:77
Generated By: Admin, 8 minutes ago
Stack Trace

#0 C:\xampp\htdocs\xxx\library\Zend\Db\Statement.php(115): Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare('????SELECT opti...')
#1 C:\xampp\htdocs\xxx\library\Zend\Db\Adapter\Mysqli.php(381): Zend_Db_Statement->__construct(Object(Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli), '????SELECT opti...')
#2 C:\xampp\htdocs\xxx\library\Zend\Db\Adapter\Abstract.php(478): Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare('????SELECT opti...')
#3 C:\xampp\htdocs\xxx\library\Zend\Db\Adapter\Abstract.php(791): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('????SELECT opti...', Array)
#4 C:\xampp\htdocs\xxx\library\NodesAsTabs\Model\Options.php(339): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchCol('????SELECT opti...')
#5 C:\xampp\htdocs\xxx\library\Waindigo\SocialGroups\Install.php(183): NodesAsTabs_Model_Options->deleteOrphans()
#6 C:\xampp\htdocs\xxx\library\Waindigo\Install\20121008.php(155): Waindigo_SocialGroups_Install->_postUninstallAfterTransaction()
#7 C:\xampp\htdocs\xxx\library\Waindigo\Install\20121008.php(79): Waindigo_Install->_uninstall()
#8 [internal function]: Waindigo_Install::uninstall(Array)
#9 C:\xampp\htdocs\xxx\library\XenForo\DataWriter\AddOn.php(193): call_user_func(Array, Array)
#10 C:\xampp\htdocs\xxx\library\XenForo\DataWriter.php(1738): XenForo_DataWriter_AddOn->_postDelete()
#11 C:\xampp\htdocs\xxx\library\XenForo\ControllerAdmin\AddOn.php(116): XenForo_DataWriter->delete()
#12 C:\xampp\htdocs\xxx\library\XenForo\FrontController.php(310): XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionDelete()
#13 C:\xampp\htdocs\xxx\library\XenForo\FrontController.php(132): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#14 C:\xampp\htdocs\xxx\admin.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#15 {main}

Request State

array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(69) "http://localhost/xxx/admin.php?add-ons/Waindigo_SocialGroups/delete"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["add-ons/Waindigo_SocialGroups/delete"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(2) {
    ["_xfConfirm"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
  }
}

So I had to reinstall both this mod and Nodes As Tabs again and the uninstall this mod before uninstalling Nodes As Tabs

One idea for improvement...
  • Allow a user to create "social forums" within a social forum... like allowing them to build their own sub-forums...
  • With admin options to define per permission group // max number of social groups.
that would be huge!

Top Bottom