[TH] Social Groups [Deleted]

I have a social category "bookblogger". Users with appropriate permission can create groups/social forums within this social category.

Anonymous users should be able to see forums + postings in this social category. I've set permissions accordingly, but unfortunately the listing page on /groups/bookblogger is empty.
When I try to view /groups/bookblogger_1/ within social category /bookblogger the login page is shown. So it seems as if a permission for anonymous users is missing, but I've already set this permission for bookbloggers.

What can I do @ThemeHouse

I submitted this pull request on GitHub to fix the issue described here by @Hoffi with the solution described by the same person here.

Because I upgraded Xenforo last night and also upgraded to the latest version of Social Groups from the GitHub repo, my forum broke. I guess the change was never incorporated into the repo. This should take care of that.

Which are the steps to safely replace Waindigo social group addon by your release?

You should be able to upgrade to the version of the add-on in the repository from the Waindigo version by using [TH] Install & Upgrade and upgrading just as you would any add-on. However, this one has not been tested so it's highly recommended that you create a backup before doing the upgrade just in case something doesn't work properly

Jake

Anyone know of a replacement for this add-on that focuses more on the "forums" than the "groups" aspect?

The currently available groups add-on's don't replace this functionality for us.

hi,
when i try installing i get this error

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli prepare error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'IGNORE TABLE `xf_thread` ADD `social_forum_id` int NOT NULL DEFAULT '0', ENGINE ' at line 1 - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:77
Generated By: ******, 2 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 /var/www/forums/library/Zend/Db/Statement.php(115): Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare('ALTER IGNORE TA...')
#1 /var/www/forums/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php(381): Zend_Db_Statement->__construct(Object(Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli), 'ALTER IGNORE TA...')
#2 /var/www/forums/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(478): Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare('ALTER IGNORE TA...')
#3 /var/www/forums/library/Waindigo/Install/20150313.php(758): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('ALTER IGNORE TA...')
#4 /var/www/forums/library/Waindigo/Install/20150313.php(216): Waindigo_Install->_makeTableChanges(Array)
#5 /var/www/forums/library/Waindigo/Install/20150313.php(88): Waindigo_Install->_install(Array, Object(SimpleXMLElement))
#6 [internal function]: Waindigo_Install::install(false, Array, Object(SimpleXMLElement))
#7 /var/www/forums/library/XenForo/Model/AddOn.php(215): call_user_func(Array, false, Array, Object(SimpleXMLElement))
#8 /var/www/forums/library/XenForo/Model/AddOn.php(169): XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml(Object(SimpleXMLElement), false)
#9 /var/www/forums/library/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php(187): XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile('/tmp/phpsnx0mz')
#10 /var/www/forums/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstall()
#11 /var/www/forums/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#12 /var/www/forums/admin.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#13 {main}
Request State
/var/www/forums/library/Zend/Debug.php:82:
array (size=3)
'url' => string 'http://forums.innthetavern.com/admin.php?add-ons/install' (length=56)
'_GET' =>
array (size=1)
'add-ons/install' => string '' (length=0)
'_POST' =>
array (size=3)
'server_file' => string '' (length=0)
'_xfConfirm' => string '1' (length=1)
'_xfToken' => string '********' (length=8

Any idea on how i can fix this?

I would like to view one of my widgets from widget framework in the sidebar of one of the social groups.

Any ideas if and how I could do this?

Developer: default_value is not a valid array (waindigo_socialGroups_notifyOptions)

i get this error do u know why?

hi,
when i try installing i get this error

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli prepare error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'IGNORE TABLE `xf_thread` ADD `social_forum_id` int NOT NULL DEFAULT '0', ENGINE ' at line 1 - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:77
Generated By: ******, 2 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 /var/www/forums/library/Zend/Db/Statement.php(115): Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare('ALTER IGNORE TA...')
#1 /var/www/forums/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php(381): Zend_Db_Statement->__construct(Object(Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli), 'ALTER IGNORE TA...')
#2 /var/www/forums/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(478): Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare('ALTER IGNORE TA...')
#3 /var/www/forums/library/Waindigo/Install/20150313.php(758): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('ALTER IGNORE TA...')
#4 /var/www/forums/library/Waindigo/Install/20150313.php(216): Waindigo_Install->_makeTableChanges(Array)
#5 /var/www/forums/library/Waindigo/Install/20150313.php(88): Waindigo_Install->_install(Array, Object(SimpleXMLElement))
#6 [internal function]: Waindigo_Install::install(false, Array, Object(SimpleXMLElement))
#7 /var/www/forums/library/XenForo/Model/AddOn.php(215): call_user_func(Array, false, Array, Object(SimpleXMLElement))
#8 /var/www/forums/library/XenForo/Model/AddOn.php(169): XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml(Object(SimpleXMLElement), false)
#9 /var/www/forums/library/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php(187): XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile('/tmp/phpsnx0mz')
#10 /var/www/forums/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstall()
#11 /var/www/forums/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#12 /var/www/forums/admin.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#13 {main}
Request State
/var/www/forums/library/Zend/Debug.php:82:
array (size=3)
'url' => string 'http://forums.innthetavern.com/admin.php?add-ons/install' (length=56)
'_GET' =>
array (size=1)
'add-ons/install' => string '' (length=0)
'_POST' =>
array (size=3)
'server_file' => string '' (length=0)
'_xfConfirm' => string '1' (length=1)
'_xfToken' => string '********' (length=8

Any idea on how i can fix this?
I think the issue is in the IGNORE TABLE part of the SQL as the ignore was a mysql extension that was later removed
https://stackoverflow.com/questions...gnore-table-add-unique-what-will-be-truncated
As of MySQL 5.7.4, the IGNORE clause for ALTER TABLE is removed and its use produces an error.​

Is there still help being offered for this add-on? Trying to set permissions as directed and nothing is working.

Registered group node permissions set to revoked
Social group node permissions 'view & join' set to allow
Social group admin options set 'members to view'

Member account cannot see any nodes, even ones they are a member of. Any help will be appreciated.

Top Bottom