[TH] Smilie Importer [Deleted]

Jon W

Waindigo submitted a new resource:

Smilie Importer by Waindigo (version 1.0.0) - Import (and export) your smiles from (or to) an XML file. No more typing in coordinates!

Description:

This adds the ability to import smilies into your Admin Control Panel from an XML file. You can choose to overwrite existing smilies that use the same smilie text, or only import ones with text that you do not have an existing smilie for.

In debug mode, smilies can also be exported so that others can import them. For each smilie, we suggest that at least one of the smilie replacement texts should be as unique as possible so that it will always import....

Read more about this resource...

Of course, but it is to export, I mean if I want to import a few smilies that are not in my forum, I have to create a xml file.
You could ask the person from the other forum to export the smilies from their forum as an XML file (using this add-on) and then you import it using that XML file.

Hey guys,

I installed the addon, activated debug mode and I get the whole export option and stuff... BUT I wanted to import the extended smilies with the XML file provided in another thread. Problem is that I can't seem to find the upload menu for the XML file. I looked into all the links and options but no avail. Can someone let me know where it is / should be located? Thanks!

Hey guys,

I installed the addon, activated debug mode and I get the whole export option and stuff... BUT I wanted to import the extended smilies with the XML file provided in another thread. Problem is that I can't seem to find the upload menu for the XML file. I looked into all the links and options but no avail. Can someone let me know where it is / should be located? Thanks!
You should see the import button in the top-right, next to the export button...
scr1.webp

Thanks! The problem was that I had another addon (sonnb-smilie-something) installed which also changes that functionality, so I didn't have the option to upload the XML.

Thanks! The problem was that I had another addon (sonnb-smilie-something) installed which also changes that functionality, so I didn't have the option to upload the XML.
Great. I haven't tested that add-on out yet, so I'll have a look and see if I can't make our add-ons compatible with one another.

Export Smilies button doesn't show up for me even when I remove all smiley related mods before install. :(
The function itself is there (I can go to the URL directly), so it is not a big deal.

Top Bottom