[TH] Slack [Deleted]

Having lots of fun with this. It's fantastic to have reports showing up in slack - has improved our workflow :)

1.0.0 is working just fine on our live board (XF 1.5.10).

For anyone new to slack, you have to create an incoming webhook first, in order to use this add-on: https://api.slack.com/incoming-webhooks

slack_problem.webp

One problem(?) so far: When a mod resolves a report, it states that the user who created the report resolved it. Would it be possible to have it report which mod resolved it, instead?

Update: Would it also be possible to add "New post" next to "New thread"? So that mods can be notified when there's a new post in a certain forum :)

Last edited:
One problem(?) so far: When a mod resolves a report, it states that the user who created the report resolved it. Would it be possible to have it report which mod resolved it, instead?

Yep, that's a bug I'll take a look :)

Update: Would it also be possible to add "New post" next to "New thread"? So that mods can be notified when there's a new post in a certain forum :)

Not quite sure what you mean, you can already create a notification for new posts in a specific forum, just have to set the action type as 'post' :)

Another useful option would be to display messages from the error log.

We, for example, have a channel called "Status" where we get pinged as soon as any service we use go down: Cloudflare, Sendgrid, Pingdom / local services such as nginx and mariaDB etc. Everything in one place for easy and fast troubleshooting.

Could come in handy :)

Heya @Jake B. about this addon; so I have several actions to separate channels, I have a main one that shows any thread and any post.

But I am trying to exclude specific forums that are meant to be relayed to other channels, to be relayed to the public board because of the Any option. Can one option to exclude nodes or at least select multiple nodes be added to fix this? :)

But I am trying to exclude specific forums that are meant to be relayed to other channels, to be relayed to the public board because of the Any option. Can one option to exclude nodes or at least select multiple nodes be added to fix this? :)

I don't believe this is possible currently, we'll look into getting this for the next release though :)

@Jake B. Is it possible to integrate the option to mass delete messages from channels?

This add-on won't remove/alter any messages, it only creates notifications, currently

This add-on won't remove/alter any messages, it only creates notifications, currently
Yeah I know, just asking if it would be possible ina future version. :)

Some extra functions would be welcomed, good stuff already though!

That isn't something that is currently planned as it's not possible to do with Webhooks, we'd need a bit deeper of an integration with Slack's API for that. It's likely doable, however.

Oh that was a fast future update. That changes the annoyance of having to make a lot of actions because the multiple nodes I want to follow the same action, thanks!

Only thing that might just be a bug is that actions in the case new posts, are not working for very old threads with a lot of replies, on some here the notification isn't sent and that is the thing they have in common.

Oh that was a fast future update. That changes the annoyance of having to make a lot of actions because the multiple nodes I want to follow the same action, thanks!

Only thing that might just be a bug is that actions in the case new posts, are not working for very old threads with a lot of replies, on some here the notification isn't sent and that is the thing they have in common.
Is it consistent like it always fails?

Top Bottom