[TH] Single Sign On (Master) [Deleted]

ThemeHouse

ThemeHouse submitted a new resource:

Single SIgn On (Master) - Allow your users to sign up once, then sign in across all your XenForo sites with that one login.

XenSSO is an addon for XenForo that at it’s core allows your users to sign up once, then sign in across all your XenForo sites with that one login. It uses OpenID under the hood and some custom tailoring for additional features not covered by OpenID.

Features of this add-on include:
  • Single Sign On, of course
  • Automatic authentication when you visit a sister site
  • Username / Email validation checks your SSO database
  • Synchronisation Tool
  • Works entirely in the background...

Read more about this resource...

Can you answer my question. I need to know before I purchase:

If a user is registered on two forums before the addon is installed, that conflict needs to be resolved by:
- deleting one of the accounts
- changing the SN for one of the accounts
Otherwise that user won't be able to login on either?

Can you answer my question. I need to know before I purchase:

If a user is registered on two forums before the addon is installed, that conflict needs to be resolved by:
- deleting one of the accounts
- changing the SN for one of the accounts
Otherwise that user won't be able to login on either?

It should take care of it for you based on the Username or Email :)

Jake

What happens if I decide I no longer want to use this addon. Will the member still be able to login to site 1 and site 2 after it is uninstalled?

What happens if I decide I no longer want to use this addon. Will the member still be able to login to site 1 and site 2 after it is uninstalled?

Yep, they'll still be able to login :)

Do post counts carry over between sites, or is post count unique between Site 1 to Site 2.

The post count displayed is the post count for the site you are viewing

Hi @Jake B. - A few more questions:
  1. Can you explain the mechanics between the member being able to login to site 1 and site 2 if it is uninstalled
  2. Does the member from site 1 get copied over to site 2's member table or something?
  3. Is there a way to determine the number of members you have on each site separately, or is it just one total number for all of your sites?
  4. Can you put members into one usergroup (like a premium usergroup) on site 2, but not on site 1 or site 3?

• Can you explain the mechanics between the member being able to login to site 1 and site 2 if it is uninstalled

It stores the hashed password when they login to the slave site with their master credentials so they're able to login as normal after with a normal login process.

• Does the member from site 1 get copied over to site 2's member table or something?
Yep, and users from the slave site get copied to master when you sync them :)

• Is there a way to determine the number of members you have on each site separately, or is it just one total number for all of your sites?
There is no way currently, no

1. Can you put members into one usergroup (like a premium usergroup) on site 2, but not on site 1 or site 3?
Yep! Usergroups don't transfer over, just user details :)

If a member logs in to one site, will they automatically be logged in across all sites? Or do they need to log in to each network site separately to set the cookies per domain name?

If a member logs in to one site, will they automatically be logged in across all sites? Or do they need to log in to each network site separately to set the cookies per domain name?

They'll have to login to each site separately, it just allows them to use the same username/password

Nice addon! Have few questions about the mechanism

1. When an user register to master or slave forum, Does it match master and slave DB only for email or both email and username?

2. Lets say user try to register on slave forum. If username and email not available in master or slave DB, slave forum allow the registration.

But will it instantly update the master forum DB with the same user info? Or Master DB only get updated when synced?

Last edited:
Installed Master on my main site. Slave is on my new, empty site. I saw a sync from Slave to Master. How do I get the users from Master to Slave??

Top Bottom