[TH] Rewards [Deleted]

Jon W

Waindigo submitted a new resource:

Rewards by Waindigo - A simple but flexible, permission-based rewards system.

This is a simple but flexible, permission-based rewards system.

Users can earn rewards for completing various tasks, and these can be easily customised on a per-user, per-node (where applicable), per-user group or on a global basis.

Rewards include:
  • Reward for user's birthday today
  • Reward for creating a new thread
  • Reward for creating a...

Read more about this resource...

How exactly do we send reward to other member?
I think I might have disabled this feature because it wasn't working properly. I've updated the add-on description.

I will try and add this back before the next update. If you are interested in contributing to help us out, please drop me a PM.

Sorry for the confusion.

This looks promising! You could make it so users can 'buy' premade rewards with reward points, and voila, you kind of have a shop.

Those rewards points count as "Trophy" points or its a aparted point system?
That's what I would like to know. It would be nice if this was an extension of that and added to the point count instead of a separate count but I haven't seen a demo page to know for sure.

Well, this killed my site.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_PAAMAYIM_NEKUDOTAYIM in /home/nascartr/public_html/community/library/Waindigo/Rewards/Model/Reward.php on line 75

I can't even uninstall it.

Mysqli prepare error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '* FROM xf_user SET reward = 0' at line 1

1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Waindigo/Rewards/Install/Controller.php at line 120
  5. Waindigo_Rewards_Install_Controller->_preUninstall() in Waindigo/Install/20140226.php at line 293
  6. Waindigo_Install->_uninstall() in Waindigo/Install/20140226.php at line 127
  7. Waindigo_Install::uninstall()
  8. call_user_func() in XenForo/DataWriter/AddOn.php at line 200
  9. XenForo_DataWriter_AddOn->_postDelete() in AddOnInstaller/DataWriter/AddOn.php at line 10
  10. AddOnInstaller_DataWriter_AddOn->_postDelete() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1779
  11. XenForo_DataWriter->delete() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 122
  12. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionDelete() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
  13. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  14. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/nascartr/public_html/community/admin.php at line 13

Well, this killed my site.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_PAAMAYIM_NEKUDOTAYIM in /home/nascartr/public_html/community/library/Waindigo/Rewards/Model/Reward.php on line 75

where do u see this error ?! i dont have this issue

+

the db error yes i have same with u

@Waindigo just small question

in "Model/Reward.php"
there is
PHP:
$fetchOptions['join'] |= $this::FETCH_USER;

its my first time i saw this operation ( |= ) what it does exactly ?!

thanks for the screenshot ^_^

This has potential to be really great! Reminds me of the very popular vBActivity and Awards for vBulletin. My members have been missing that feature since we switched to xenForo and now this is pretty close!

I notice that under account upgrade there is a buy account upgrade with reward points. Is this something comming in the future or not? If not is there a way to hide it so user don't ask about it @Waindigo

Last edited:
Is this part of the trophy system? Are members awarded with like points or trophy points?
Not linked to the trophies system per se but there is an option to add users rewards points to the trophy points if you want to.

When I am on my rewards page http://diecastcrazy.com/community/rewards/rewards, the tab title on Google Chrome says "Your Rewards1". Your Rewards1 seems a little odd, can that be edited?
I will release an update fixing this, thanks.

I notice that under account upgrade there is a buy account upgrade with reward points. Is this something comming in the future or not? If not is there a way to hide it so user don't ask about it
This is a half feature, the code is there but the functionality hasn't been updated since about XF 1.1. I have removed the tab from view for now in the update...

Basically this allows us to reserve the trophy system for more "special" things instead of first time common events?

I use this addon to reward my registered users for creating threads / posts. They receive 2 points for creating a new thread, 1 point for creating a post and 1 point for receiving a like.

Today I recognized that something went wrong. One of my new users (she entered the forum 3 days ago) has 37 posts, 9 likes, but 1277 points :(

Another user with 29 posts and 10 likes has 377 points. Hm.

At first I thought I've accidentally defined 10 points for a new post which could explain the 1277 points. But this is not the case (1 point per post). What can I do now? Can I see in detail how the 1277 points come about.

Regards, rhodes

Top Bottom