[TH] Resource Managers [Deleted]

@Waindigo I have an additional language question but really don't know where to place it so I paste it here.

I kind of translated the original resource manager to suite my original purposes.

Since I'm now trying to set up multiple resources I would need to kind of start over again with placing my original resources in to a new one category to separeate them all. If I export my current somewhat edited XF language file and reimport it for my "new" category will that then work?

@Waindigo I have an additional language question but really don't know where to place it so I paste it here.

I kind of translated the original resource manager to suite my original purposes.

Since I'm now trying to set up multiple resources I would need to kind of start over again with placing my original resources in to a new one category to separeate them all. If I export my current somewhat edited XF language file and reimport it for my "new" category will that then work?
Yes, that should be fine. I assume you will be changing the newly imported language. If not, you can just use the same language for both without having to re-import.

Yes, that should be fine. I assume you will be changing the newly imported language. If not, you can just use the same language for both without having to re-import.
Gosh, sometimes more than often I think I'm semi brain dead :ROFLMAO: Of course I just assign the already translated original language file to my "new but old" category :rolleyes:

I've run in to a problem. If using a multi language installation the separate languages for different resources such as article, classifieds turn up as a choice for my user. Is there any work around this problem?

I've run in to a problem. If using a multi language installation the separate languages for different resources such as article, classifieds turn up as a choice for my user. Is there any work around this problem?
Currently the only option is to manually remove the language chooser option in the template. If you'd be interested in contributing to a better option, please PM me.

I seem to have run into a somewhat serious bug in this addon where the "download now" button has a broken link in the discussion thread view only.

the url on the resource page:

https://squattheplanet.com/downloads/bushcraft-the-ultimate-guide-to-survival-in-the-wilderness.208/

download link seems to work fine:

https://squattheplanet.com/download...al-in-the-wilderness.208/download?version=208

but the url for the download now button via the discussion thread page looks like so:

https://squattheplanet.com/resources/download?version=208 (which returns a 404 error).

so it seems that the link on that page isn't getting updated the way it is on the resource page. any help would be super awesome in making this work, since it's obviously keeping some folks from downloading files properly.

i also just noticed that when i try to hard delete a resource in my 'downloads' section, i get a blank screen and am unable to remove the resource. removing the resource from public view seems to work as normal.

@Waindigo @Jon W

I am trying to use this for a database of information but encountered an issue while trying to setup the route filter for the manager. Apparently the route filter has a limit of 25 characters. The route filter I need to use is 29 characters. I then figured I would just use xenforos route filter to rewrite it to what I need. The rewrite worked fine, except when you click the tab to actually visit the page, the page is then converted to whatever route filter you set during the managers creation. (On mouse-over before clicking the tab it shows the rewrite done correctly.) Is there a way around this?

Last edited:
Hello Jon,

see you a way to make both add-ons (see post bevor) compatible to run both at same time in the same xenforo?

regards

Can this work off a single resource manager license or do multiple resource manager licenses need to be purchased (for a single domain/XF install)?

... uninstalled (n) - because incompatible with other add-on (Tinhtes latest XenTag) and no attempt on the part waindigo the problem together with Tinhte to solve, despite appropriate note of another programmer (xfrocks). :unsure:

Everyone blames on its own. :confused: This is bad ...:(

I'm not a programmer, so I have to capitulate at this point. :censored:

We never guarantee that our add-ons will work with every other developers add-ons. Sorry that you had to uninstall.

No - it was not even try to find the cause. And that's the shame. :unsure:

Both resources are free. If you want them to be compatible, pay someone to figure it out. It isn't the resource developers responsibility to make their products compatible with another developers resource. You seem to think otherwise and you are mistaken. Uninstall one or bpoth. No one told you to use them to begin with. Get over this entitlement nonsense. They gave you something for free. Move on if it doesn't work the way you need it to or get someone else to figure out the issue. SMH

Both resources are free. If you want them to be compatible, pay someone to figure it out. It isn't the resource developers responsibility to make their products compatible with another developers resource. You seem to think otherwise and you are mistaken. Uninstall one or bpoth. No one told you to use them to begin with. Get over this entitlement nonsense. They gave you something for free. Move on if it doesn't work the way you need it to or get someone else to figure out the issue. SMH
To be fair to @otto he did say in the PM that he was willing to pay for a fix. However, providing a quote for such a fix is time consuming when we have no experience of the third party's add-on at all. Often we spend a long time providing a quote for such things only to find out that it is too high.

I suggested that he contacted the other developer given that it apparently worked with that add-on before but now it doesn't, so I figured that developer could just have an option to turn off whatever feature they had added in the latest update.

@iguanairs
As Jon say - i was willing to pay for a fix.

@JoN
However, providing a quote for such a fix is time consuming when we have no experience of the third party's add-on at all. Often we spend a long time providing a quote for such things only to find out that it is too high.
Yes, i understand this. But i think you can also see the resource download stats for these both add-ons? ;)

I suggested that he contacted the other developer given that it apparently worked with that add-on before but now it doesn't, so I figured that developer could just have an option to turn off whatever feature they had added in the latest update.
I wrote you an PN on waindigo.com and you has read that i contact you and also Tinhte at same time. But when two coders dont like to talk together ... what can I as user do?

Continue to run everything, knowing the broken links and hoping for a patch from one of the add-ons?

Theoretically, yes - but if none of the coder is willing to ensure that both add-ons can run at same time on same board, the I must decide which is more important.

I've made my decision for the tags, because I think this is more important for my forum.

Regards

Is this addon still functional ? I was unsure based on the DL page stating bugs ????

Last edited:
Top Bottom