[TH] Resource Managers [Deleted]

Question - I just installed this and created a couple new Resource types... but now those new resource types are showing up as tabs in addition to the original Resources tab - I don't have a need for the original. Should I find a way to remove that tab or use that one instead of one of the new types I created?

In ihe admincp under options for the resource managers you have an option to remove that tab.

Show Resources Tab
Disabling this option will disable the main Resources tab that contains all categories and all resources.

In ihe admincp under options for the resource managers you have an option to remove that tab.
Can you explain exactly where that is because I can't find that setting. I've clicked on "Resource Manager Options" in the left column as well as "Resource Managers > Resource Type I Created" and cannot find an option to remove the tab for each resource type. To be clear I do want the resource types I created to show up in the nav as a tab, I just don't want the original one that is titled Resources to show up in the nav as a tab.

Go to your admincp
Click on "Home" if necessary
Click op "Options".
Click on "Resource Managers by Waindigo"
Unset the first option "Show Resources Tab"
Done.

Then you may want to set the one you made to appear in the nav.
Go to your admincp
Click on "Applications"
Click op "Resource managers".
Chose your resource manager
Set "Show Tab to User Groups" to "All User Groups"

If this doesn't work there may be something else wrong.

@Ludachris. as @bart said... I think the mistake you are making is going to "Resource Manager Options". The options for this add-on are found under "Resource Managers by Waindigo", which is a separate page.

That was it guys... tough to get a hang of where all the different pages for settings are for XF and plugins. Some settings for one feature are on one page where other settings for that same feature are somewhere else - throw a plugin into the mix and it complicates it even more. It'll take time I'm sure, just like it did with vB. I know it's not easy trying to group all the settings in a logical way.

I'm confused. What do you want the add-on to do?
Just add sub-links in the existing tabs drop down list. Not a big deal. I'm ok with the RM the way it is now with categories. This seems useful but I just can't add any more tabs. Out of room.

Hey Waindigo, I have this plugin installed. I want to translate the new resource types using Matthew Hawley's translation plugins (classifieds and articles). Do I upload the new translation files and name them something like English Classifieds, then go into the resource type and select it there? Or, what is the correct process?

Oops, I think I just found where you explained it... I did try searching the thread before I asked, just not with the right keywords. Sorry.

Thanks. I never thought of this. I'll add a fix next week for this.
Also, same issue... the tabs while on the thread view under the new managers show "resources" instead of the appropriate manager name, so you aren't taken to a valid page if you click on them.

Top Bottom