[TH] Resource Managers [Deleted]

thanks for your help @Waindigo and @Matthew Hawley .. i have translated easily to my likings..

I have another problem with this add-on.. i have disabled the show RM Tab through the option manager.... but now the problem is when we are in discussion page (thread view) and want to go to overview (RM page).. it is throwing "You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action." error.

There's a problem with URL since it contains "resources"...
This is a known issue. You can only really get rid of the Resources tab at the moment if you don't already have resources (or you haven't been using the create thread option).

I can build a workaround for this, but it will take a bit of work so will need someone to contribute. Please PM if you are interested.

Hi Jon,

Thanks for the offer but i am not in a position to pay atm. I am thankful for whatever you have done so far and will make adjustment on it.

Yeah I've trust the same problem 3rd. I turned the RM tab back on and disabled the nav button in the Code Event Listener. Now have permission to view.

Here's an error that occurs when viewing the Resources tab on an author's profile. If they have resources under one Resource Manager, but not the other, it will display this:
Code:
The following error occurred:
The requested user has not published any resources.

Here's an error that occurs when viewing the Resources tab on an author's profile. If they have resources under one Resource Manager, but not the other, it will display this:
Code:
The following error occurred:
The requested user has not published any resources.
I can't replicate this issue. If you disable the Resource Managers by Waindigo add-on, do you get the same message?

I can't replicate this issue. If you disable the Resource Managers by Waindigo add-on, do you get the same message?
Upon disabling the addon, the resource that would normally show under the other resource manager shows up properly on their profile under the Resources tab. When the addon is enabled, the Resources profile tab shows, but gives you that error I mentioned previously. Basically the profile tab KNOWS that they have resources, but it can't list them as the previous resource essentially doesn't exist at the regular location. At least that's my understanding of what may be going on.

Upon disabling the addon, the resource that would normally show under the other resource manager shows up properly on their profile under the Resources tab. When the addon is enabled, the Resources profile tab shows, but gives you that error I mentioned previously. Basically the profile tab KNOWS that they have resources, but it can't list them as the previous resource essentially doesn't exist at the regular location. At least that's my understanding of what may be going on.
Strange. It shouldn't be working like that. It should still show the resources, even if the link doesn't actually work. I should probably remove the Resources tab in the user's profile if you disable the Resources tab. But what you are experiencing sounds completely different.

Do you have any other add-ons installed that might be interfering?

Strange. It shouldn't be working like that. It should still show the resources, even if the link doesn't actually work. I should probably remove the Resources tab in the user's profile if you disable the Resources tab. But what you are experiencing sounds completely different.

Do you have any other add-ons installed that might be interfering?
No, the XenForo install I am talking about is pretty bare. The same issue happens on multiple sites I run though.

Bug:

- in "resource managers" change tabs to not show "upcoming events".
- make a parent resource category
- and a child resource category

The parent category does not show the tab "upcoming events". Which is good.
The child category does show the tab "upcoming events". Which is not good.

The default tab-setting doesn't work either in the child category.

is it possible to get rid of the tab in the navigation? Every RM is now shown in the nav, i want to just show some.

is it possible to get rid of the tab in the navigation? Every RM is now shown in the nav, i want to just show some.
I can remove the tabs, although then there would be no link to that section anywhere. Did you have somewhere in mind to place a link?

There is no better place, so you should not remove it, but give an option to remove it (with the proper warmings). So in th acp there could be a switch for every resource to "display as tab" and you could add a link for people to use in their navigational template.

There seems to be something wrong with the rating-system. Or i do something wrong...

I have it set to "not required to download before rating" but when I come to the resource-description-page it says:
["canRateIfDownloaded"] => bool(false)

So I can't rate.

If I hack out the "xen:if" and rate anyway it gives me a no-permission-error.

Apart from this, it might be a setting you would want per RM instead of for all RM's globally.

There seems to be something wrong with the rating-system. Or i do something wrong...

I have it set to "not required to download before rating" but when I come to the resource-description-page it says:
["canRateIfDownloaded"] => bool(false)

So I can't rate.

If I hack out the "xen:if" and rate anyway it gives me a no-permission-error.

Apart from this, it might be a setting you would want per RM instead of for all RM's globally.
Have you checked whether the behaviour is the same with this add-on disabled? This add-on should not affect this.

Top Bottom