[TH] Redirect Rules [Deleted]

Jon W

Jon W submitted a new resource:

Redirect Rules by Waindigo - Set criteria for certain parts of your site to be redirected to a different domain.

This add-on adds the ability to create redirect rules for redirecting specified parts of your site to another domain.

Redirect rules support all the usual user criteria and page criteria, meaning they are much more powerful than your standard htaccess redirect.

For example, you can redirect all forums/threads in a particular node to a different...

Read more about this resource...

Jon, I've been helping Chris get this installed and up and running. When you install the add-on, until there is a rewrite rule, every page outside the ACP errors

Code:
ErrorException: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() - library/Waindigo/RedirectRules/Listener/TemplatePostRender.php:17
Generated By: Unknown Account, A moment ago
Stack Trace
#0 /home/studentfilms/public_html/library/Waindigo/RedirectRules/Listener/TemplatePostRender.php(17): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(2, 'Invalid argumen...', '/home/studentfi...', 17, Array)
#1 /home/studentfilms/public_html/library/Waindigo/RedirectRules/Listener/TemplatePostRender.php(56): Waindigo_RedirectRules_Listener_TemplatePostRender->run()
#2 [internal function]: Waindigo_RedirectRules_Listener_TemplatePostRender::templatePostRender('thread_view', '\n\n\t\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n...', Array, Object(XenForo_Template_Public))
#3 /home/studentfilms/public_html/library/XenForo/CodeEvent.php(58): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#4 /home/studentfilms/public_html/library/XenForo/Template/Abstract.php(195): XenForo_CodeEvent::fire('template_post_r...', Array, 'thread_view')
#5 /home/studentfilms/public_html/library/XenForo/Template/Public.php(110): XenForo_Template_Abstract->render()
#6 /home/studentfilms/public_html/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php(123): XenForo_Template_Public->render()
#7 /home/studentfilms/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(618): XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderContainer(Object(XenForo_Template_Public), Array)
#8 /home/studentfilms/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(158): XenForo_FrontController->renderView(Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_View), Object(XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic), Array)
#9 /home/studentfilms/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#10 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(62) "http://www.domain.com/threads/what-does-a-c-e-mean.7532/"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Does this also remove these nodes from the site map? It should if it doesn't now.

Hi there read the description was not 100% sure what this does ???
It's a way to redirect certain nodes to a different domain which I used to split my current forum onto two separate domains and have separate DBs.

It's a way to redirect certain nodes to a different domain which I used to split my current forum onto two separate domains and have separate DBs.
So you have two XF accounts though I mean, you have XF installed twice as in two paid copies ? ?

So you have two XF accounts though I mean, you have XF installed twice as in two paid copies ? ?
Yes he does, but this would also work if you have two domains pointed at the same XF installation.

Yes. I found it easier and less confusing than the multi site system.... Mainly because the multi site system was glitchy with the addons I use.

Forgive my ignorance, Jon, but couldnt I just point my domain to the other site in my registrar ?
I must be missing the capability of the add on. I checked out your sites Cdub, but was not sure still
what this is supposed to be doing .

Forgive my ignorance, Jon, but couldnt I just point my domain to the other site in my registrar ?
I must be missing the capability of the add on. I checked out your sites Cdub, but was not sure still
what this is supposed to be doing .
It is to only redirect specific parts of your site, which can't be done at the registrar level or even at the htaccess level. For example, you could set a specific node, a specific user or something like that to redirect to a different domain.

Ok got it,;) hmmm interesting concept, I might be able to use something like this. I am wanting to add some training areas
but XF does not have any learning addons etc, but SMF does so I could route an node to the SMF learning area . Thank you for
the explanation. :)

@Jon W I just regenerated the sitemap for Studentfilms.com and looked at it in a text based editor. It is still including the moved nodes in the sitemap. This needs to be fixed.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2014-12-08 at 9.01.41 AM.webp
    Screenshot 2014-12-08 at 9.01.41 AM.webp
    25.3 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:
@Jon W I just regenerated the sitemap for Studentfilms.com and looked at it in a text based editor. It is still including the moved nodes in the sitemap. This needs to be fixed.
It is hard to know whether this is the reason the results are appearing on Google (I suspect not), but either way this add-on was never intended to remove the URLs from the sitemap. I will release a separate add-on that will allow you to remove specified nodes from the sitemap.

It is hard to know whether this is the reason the results are appearing on Google (I suspect not), but either way this add-on was never intended to remove the URLs from the sitemap. I will release a separate add-on that will allow you to remove specified nodes from the sitemap.

Well if one is moving nodes from one domain to another then logically you wouldn't want those nodes included in the sitemap - so it should be part of this addon shouldn't it? Either way... if I could get a way to do that it would be great.

@Jon W @ThemeHouse Is it expected that it would not work on sites on Nginx? it's installed as normal but rules are not working (not redirecting), I'm on Nginx server. In that case how can I make it work?

Last edited:
Top Bottom