[TH] Reactions [Deleted]

Thanks for clarifying. I plan to use the likes received metric for user rewards. This would render it a bit unfair without being able to count more than one reaction as a like, so I'll be waiting for ability to treat multiple reactions as likes before purchasing this great looking addon. Looking forward to it!

Thanks for clarifying. I plan to use the likes received metric for user rewards. This would render it a bit unfair without being able to count more than one reaction as a like, so I'll be waiting for ability to treat multiple reactions as likes before purchasing this great looking addon. Looking forward to it!
Hmm you can do multiple positive ratings and we could score that with a widget. But I expect one like per post is by design since it's more of a statement.

Perhaps we could do any positive reaction on a post counts as one like @silence ? Not sure if this would be an improvement.

I expect one like per post is by design since it's more of a statement.

One like per post per user is fine, but any positive reaction should be able to be counted as the like, not just a specific one and the rest don't count. So maybe if a single user gives multiple reactions it only counts 1 like form that user, but it doesn't matter which positive reaction is use to give it.

Perhaps we could do any positive reaction on a post counts as one like @silence ? Not sure if this would be an improvement.

Yes exactly. In my case this would be a huge improvement. Actually it would make this addon usable where otherwise it is not.

Error when attempting to unreact reaction.
Oops! We ran into some problems.
Provided react ID not found

I agree with the Facebook like button. It would be great if this add on was “hold to open” and the icons appear slightly larger (obviously you can’t have like 20 options for this but 5 or 6 would be fine for many forums).

I agree with the Facebook like button. It would be great if this add on was “hold to open” and the icons appear slightly larger (obviously you can’t have like 20 options for this but 5 or 6 would be fine for many forums).
Well this can be done with ease. You just set larger icons in style property and have fewer options. We included support for multiple but agree that you really only should allow maybe 3-8 options. But this depends on your subject matter and audience.

We could build hold support as well so that one tap is just the default reaction.

ThemeHouse updated [TH] Reactions with a new update entry:

Version 1.0.3 released

Bugs Fixed:
  • Attempting to remove a specific reaction on the "Show all" modal displayed an error (even though the reaction was successfully removed)
  • Fixed compatibility with profile posts
Enhancements:
  • Style property to show user reactions above or below other information on post bit
  • Style property to show reactions as numbers instead of the bar

Read the rest of this update entry...

I'm getting this error now.

ErrorException: Template error: Template public:news_feed_item_profile_post_comment_react is unknown src/XF/Template/Templater.php:512
Generated by: Unknown account Oct 19, 2017 at 7:07 AM

Stack trace
#0 [internal function]: XF\Template\Templater->handleTemplateError(512, 'Template public...', '/home/paulsplac...', 512, Array) #1 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(512): trigger_error('Template public...', 512) #2 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(469): XF\Template\Templater->getTemplateData('public', 'news_feed_item_...') #3 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1151): XF\Template\Templater->getTemplateCode('public', 'news_feed_item_...') #4 src/XF/NewsFeed/AbstractHandler.php(67): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('public:news_fee...', Array) #5 src/XF/Entity/NewsFeed.php(47): XF\NewsFeed\AbstractHandler->render(Object(XF\Entity\NewsFeed)) #6 [internal function]: XF\Entity\NewsFeed->render() #7 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(860): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #8 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s3/public/news_feed_macros.php(34): XF\Template\Templater->method(Object(XF\Entity\NewsFeed), 'render', Array) #9 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(583): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(ThemeHouse\Reactions\XF\Template\Templater), Array, Array) #10 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s3/public/news_feed_macros.php(14): XF\Template\Templater->callMacro(NULL, 'feed_item', Array, Array) #11 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(583): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(ThemeHouse\Reactions\XF\Template\Templater), Array, Array) #12 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s3/public/member_latest_activity.php(30): XF\Template\Templater->callMacro('news_feed_macro...', 'feed_row', Array, Array) #13 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1152): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(ThemeHouse\Reactions\XF\Template\Templater), Array) #14 src/XF/Template/Template.php(24): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('public:member_l...', Array) #15 src/XF/Mvc/Renderer/Html.php(48): XF\Template\Template->render() #16 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(332): XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html->renderView('XF:Member\\Lates...', 'public:member_l...', Array) #17 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(303): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderView(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View)) #18 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(44): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), 'html') #19 src/XF/App.php(1831): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() #20 src/XF.php(328): XF\App->run() #21 index.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App') #22 {main}

array(4) { ["url"] => string(45) "/members/ruby.7/latest-activity?before_id=139" ["referrer"] => bool(false) ["_GET"] => array(1) { ["before_id"] => string(3) "139" } ["_POST"] => array(0) { } }

Absolutely love this one and since I'd want to be one of the users of your UIX2 PRO and actually I'm using Post Rating on my 1.5 forum, I'd like to know if you'll provide a way to migrate from this one to this addon.

For those of use that purchased similar addons, like Thread Rating, ect and still have active licenses with Theme House, will these be updated to 2.0? A lot of other addon providers I use are just updating us for free, if we have a current active license.

Haven't had time to fully test it on Beta 7, but the bit of testing I did it mostly seemed to work, will have a look into this error today!

Sorry haven't quite had a chance to look into this, unrelated to the beta 7 update, it's just a missing template and is safe to ignore for now until I can get an update out tomorrow

Absolutely love this one and since I'd want to be one of the users of your UIX2 PRO and actually I'm using Post Rating on my 1.5 forum, I'd like to know if you'll provide a way to migrate from this one to this addon.
Yep! This is already done

For those of use that purchased similar addons, like Thread Rating, ect and still have active licenses with Theme House, will these be updated to 2.0? A lot of other addon providers I use are just updating us for free, if we have a current active license.

We're offering a 50% discount for people with active xf1 licenses of the same add-on. However, this add-on is not something we have an equivilent for on xf1 so that wouldn't apply here

That is very disheartening. Especially for those of us with 5+ addons (7 here). Even Xenforo was just a free upgrade with an active license, and most of their 2.0 additions help streamline custom content. As someone who already upgraded, these addons are now useless. Now I am expected to pay more to use them once they are upgraded? Since other companies, and even Xenforo, do not do this I would suggest re-thinking this stance. Alienating current customs just to benefit the bottom line is not the best practice.

Top Bottom