[TH] Reactions [Deleted]

Did you ever solve this problem? I have imported my data, but it doesn't appear in the profiles or anywhere. The likes appear to be on the posts, but not displayed as totals.

Also, I imported my data twice because I thought there was an issue with the first import, and now upon inspection I have duplicates of every old reaction. I opened a ticket on Tuesday but I guess they've been a bit busy to work on this one, hoping someone else figured this out.

View attachment 189514
View attachment 189515

Notice it says I have received 0 disagree reations, but I have over two pages of them and most have a duplicate.
Okay, after trying several options, this rebuild finally worked. It was not under Tools, it is on the Reaction ACP tab:

View attachment 189516

View attachment 189517

My only problem now, is all the duplicates.
Apologies for the wait in response in relation to this issue, I've gone ahead and started a private conversation with you to gather your ticket number so we can take a closer look ;)

Why would you upgrade a production site to XF 2.1 in early beta stage? Don't expect add-ons to be available for a bit...

We run 4 sites in which one of them uses the latest version. We thought we would use that as a live test one.

Unfortunately it's a very substantial change, the entire add-on needs to be rebuilt to work on top of XF's default reaction system. We do not have an ETA for this currently, but it's not something that will be done within a couple weeks.

At least a converter of likes back to XF reaction system.

So there'll be a way to import these reactions into XenForo 2.1's new system at some point?

If so, okay, I can go without this add on while I'm using the beta, and import them back in down the line I guess.

Yes, but doing that could potentially cause some duplicate reactions to occur once you upgrade/import Reactions. I'd recommend not using beta software in production regardless, though

Yes, but doing that could potentially cause some duplicate reactions to occur once you upgrade/import Reactions. I'd recommend not using beta software in production regardless, though

Well, if there's a built in feature, then using a plugin isn't really needed anymore. A few duplicate reactions are a good price for lowering server resource usage in my book.

(Though maybe I'll try and write a PHP script to fix the duplicates or import stuff myself).

And the site's run for fun. I always use beta stuff in production there (and on my other sites).

Well, if there's a built in feature, then using a plugin isn't really needed anymore. A few duplicate reactions are a good price for lowering server resource usage in my book.

The upgraded version of Reactions for 2.1 is going to be built on top of XenForo's core reactions system to add in some of the additional functionality our current Reactions add-on has that XF's native version is missing

Running XF2.1. After I updated to the latest release it stopped working and my error log started getting spammed.

Code:
ErrorException: Template error: Function react_handler_status is unknown src/XF/Template/Templater.php:860

Stack trace
#0 [internal function]: XF\Template\Templater->handleTemplateError(512, 'Function react_...', '/var/www/html/f...', 860, Array)
#1 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(860): trigger_error('Function react_...', 512)
#2 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s4/public/th_display_reactions.php(14): XF\Template\Templater->fn('react_handler_s...', Array, false)
#3 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(663): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(ThemeHouse\Reactions\XF\Template\Templater), Array, Array)
#4 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s4/public/post_macros.php(202): XF\Template\Templater->callMacro('th_display_reac...', 'reactions_bar', Array, Array)
#5 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(663): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(ThemeHouse\Reactions\XF\Template\Templater), Array, Array)
#6 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s4/public/thread_view.php(559): XF\Template\Templater->callMacro('post_macros', 'post', Array, Array)
#7 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1250): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(ThemeHouse\Reactions\XF\Template\Templater), Array)
#8 src/XF/Template/Template.php(24): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('public:thread_v...', Array)
#9 src/XF/Mvc/Renderer/Html.php(48): XF\Template\Template->render()
#10 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(332): XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html->renderView('XF:Thread\\View', 'public:thread_v...', Array)
#11 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(303): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderView(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#12 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(44): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), 'html')
#13 src/XF/App.php(1931): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#14 src/XF.php(329): XF\App->run()
#15 index.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#16 {main}

Never mind. I thought I was running XF2.1, but I'm on an older version.

Last edited:
Code:
ErrorException: Template error: Function react_handler_status is unknown src/XF/Template/Templater.php:860

Stack trace
#0 [internal function]: XF\Template\Templater->handleTemplateError(512, 'Function react_...', '/var/www/html/f...', 860, Array)
#1 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(860): trigger_error('Function react_...', 512)
#2 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s4/public/th_display_reactions.php(14): XF\Template\Templater->fn('react_handler_s...', Array, false)
#3 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(663): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(ThemeHouse\Reactions\XF\Template\Templater), Array, Array)
#4 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s4/public/post_macros.php(202): XF\Template\Templater->callMacro('th_display_reac...', 'reactions_bar', Array, Array)
#5 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(663): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(ThemeHouse\Reactions\XF\Template\Templater), Array, Array)
#6 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s4/public/thread_view.php(559): XF\Template\Templater->callMacro('post_macros', 'post', Array, Array)
#7 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1250): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(ThemeHouse\Reactions\XF\Template\Templater), Array)
#8 src/XF/Template/Template.php(24): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('public:thread_v...', Array)
#9 src/XF/Mvc/Renderer/Html.php(48): XF\Template\Template->render()
#10 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(332): XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html->renderView('XF:Thread\\View', 'public:thread_v...', Array)
#11 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(303): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderView(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#12 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(44): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), 'html')
#13 src/XF/App.php(1931): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#14 src/XF.php(329): XF\App->run()
#15 index.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#16 {main}
In order to get the add-on not to conflict with XF 2.1, I've prefixed a lot of our template code with th_. I can't see anywhere in our add-on that I've missed, but if you have any template changes of your own, this would cause the error above. My guess is that you might have modified the th_display_reactions template. Have a look at your admin control panel homepage and see if you have any outdated templates.

If you'd like us to take a look, please create a ticket.

I should have stated that I fixed it by simply uninstalling then reinstalling an older patch of the add-on.
As Jake said, you should be able to run this add-on on XenForo 2.0, so if you would like us to help you upgrade, please do let us know. You will either need to upgrade or uninstall [TH] Reactions before you upgrade to XenForo 2.1.

Top Bottom