[TH] Quick Thread [Deleted]

If you guys have a style property that moves the top control trigger, it'll break here. We had to just factor out our logic so it didn't tough the top control div, thats all. It was no change in the logic just a refactoring of the xen:if iirc. Sadly its the only way to grab the top control.

We do and some styles ship out with it turned in so that would be it. Thanks Mike

@Russ helped me to get this working with my PixelExit style, but only Select Menu works.

If I switch to Filter List and click "Post New Thread" from the forum index, it just hangs.

Any way to fix? Thanks, Amin

@Russ helped me to get this working with my PixelExit style, but only Select Menu works.

If I switch to Filter List and click "Post New Thread" from the forum index, it just hangs.

Any way to fix? Thanks, Amin
Could you open your browsers JavaScript console and paste here any errors when you click the button?

This addon is working well for me, but it doesn't show the button to unregistered guests despite the fact that they have permission to post in one of the nodes.

As it stands, guests only see the Post New Threadbutton when inside the node where they have permission. Is there any way to have the button show for guests on all pages, forum index, etc?

I have a question. Would it be possible to add an option to manually add some forums to the list? So that the users don't have to start typing in order to find a forum?

We have a few very busy sub forums where most of the activity is, so to be able to add them to a list would be super fly :) The list can disappear as soon as they start typing though, or whatever option would be best :)

Last edited:
I have a question. Would it be possible to add an option to manually add some forums to the list? So that the users don't have to start typing in order to find a forum?

We have a few very busy sub forums where most of the activity is, so to be able to add them to a list would be super fly :) The list can disappear as soon as they start typing though, or whatever option would be best :)

It shows all of the forums then filters down when they type :)

I put the quick thread create button in a widget (template widget with no wrapper). However it is completely off:

upload_2016-12-1_13-14-48.webp

I need to style the button and align it in center. How do I go about doing that?

Same here, only works with Select, when I set it on Filter List clicking the button just shows the small loader in top right and it stays hanging .. did you find a way to fix it ?

Console log :

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot set property 'onclick' of null
at eval (eval at <anonymous> (jquery.min.js:2), <anonymous>:5:79)
at eval (<anonymous>)
at jquery.min.js:2
at Function.globalEval (jquery.min.js:2)
at Object.createOverlay (xenforo.js:237)
at XenForo_OverlayLoader.createOverlay (xenforo.js:289)
at XenForo.ExtLoader.success (xenforo.js:195)
at XenForo.ExtLoader.callSuccess (xenforo.js:252)
at XenForo.ExtLoader.successCount (xenforo.js:253)
at xenforo.js:195

For those who are not sophisticated (like me), you'll notice that this Addon comes with just about no instructions.

After much trial and error, I found (for me) the best option is to add code to the Template: ad_above_top_breadcrumb

There's a hook in there so I'll need to figure out how to take advantage of that hook.

Anyhow, you can add this text to the template to make it appear just above the breadcrumb on every page you desire to display it.

Code:
<div align="right"><xen:include template="adqt_post_new_thread_button" /></div>

I used the div tag to justify it to the right, you can remove that if you prefer it to justify it to the left.

Question: Is there any way to modify the CSS of this to simply inherit the CSS of the theme? It's really quite a gaudy black and white popup.

@vlom31 sorry for missing your reply, do you still need assistance?

For those who are not sophisticated (like me), you'll notice that this Addon comes with just about no instructions.
Apologies for that we are working on documentation for all products and making them more intuitive out of the box.
Question: Is there any way to modify the CSS of this to simply inherit the CSS of the theme? It's really quite a gaudy black and white popup.
That is a special type of modal in XenForo, called form modals. Its the same as the contact form. So it is actually like that by default. But we agree. In our themes we match them up. In default style though the best way is to modify form modals in the Style Properties.

That is a special type of modal in XenForo, called form modals. Its the same as the contact form. So it is actually like that by default. But we agree. In our themes we match them up. In default style though the best way is to modify form modals in the Style Properties.
Do you know where form modals are located in Style Properties?

Top Bottom