[TH] Question and Answer Forums [Deleted]

Resolved an issue that would mark threads as questions by default regardless of node "Question status" setting.

This issue still not fixed, all new created thread will be posted with Question status, when node are not set for use Question status.

This issue still not fixed, all new created thread will be posted with Question status, when node are not set for use Question status.
Confirmed. It's fixed for staff, but not for registered users.

The "Set thread status -> Question" option does not show, and Question status is automatically assigned.

Reactions: Tom
The "Set thread status -> Question" option does not show, and Question status is automatically assigned.
For me (my non staff users) it does show, the thread status is still checked by default though. Have missed PL1 though.

Is your forum set to allow or to enforce question status?
Where can I find this setting? It's not per node, is it?

Now installed PL1 and created a thread without "Question" state... A question mark appears next to the thread title anyway, despite it not being marked as such... It even shows Question controls (sort by date/votes) in the thread.

After editing the thread (not changing anything as Question is unchecked) and saving everything is well again.

Last edited:
Thanks. Does this also fix the bug that a thread could still be posted as a question even if the user had no permission to do so?

Edit: Just checked it. No, it's not.

Last edited:
I'm sorry to report that I am still experiencing the same issue.

If I go to edit the thread, the question box is unchecked and saving reverts it back to a standard thread, but as a new post it is still being assigned question status despite it not being enforced.

I can raise a ticket with login / ftp details as required if you wish?

Hey there,

I'm having an issue with (1.1.0 Patch Level 2) where my upvotes aren't promoting the post up or down. My setting is to sort based on votes.

Here's what I get:

The sorting is not done live when you click the button, but it should sort correctly after a refresh.

Please do so. It seems there are more bugs that are causing this behavior.
Thanks. Does this also fix the bug that a thread could still be posted as a question even if the user had no permission to do so?

Edit: Just checked it. No, it's not.

Can this be reproduced or should I open a ticket, too?

Can i vote for my own posts with this addon?
1. It should be like this, when i add things to choose from for all and also for me.

2. The design, i dont really like while the userblock is not set in one column from the first to the second post and following.
a) Maybe there could be an option: normal like /dislike with the same function
b) and an option to extend the userblock in the first post to have the same width and position like the rest

Can i vote for my own posts with this addon?
1. It should be like this, when i add things to choose from for all and also for me.

2. The design, i dont really like while the userblock is not set in one column from the first to the second post and following.
b) and an option to extend the userblock in the first post to have the same width and position like the rest
Yes you can vote or down vote your own posts. We offer a user group permission that you must allow which is named "Vote for answer in own thread" under the [TH] Q&A Forums permission section of user group permissions.

I believe this is something we already offer which was released in one of our last few updates. I've included a screenshot of what this looks like which can be changed in Q&A Forum's option section.
This is something that we already have added in our issue tracker. This will be included in one of our future updates.

I'm sorry to report that I am still experiencing the same issue.

If I go to edit the thread, the question box is unchecked and saving reverts it back to a standard thread, but as a new post it is still being assigned question status despite it not being enforced.

I can raise a ticket with login / ftp details as required if you wish?

Any update for this issue?

Any update for this issue?
The fix should be available soon.. :)

Out of interest, does the Question option actually show for you on a member account via "Post thread" (not quick thread)?

I have a weird one where it shows for admins, and it shows for members via "Quick thread -> More options..." but not the above..

Top Bottom