[TH] Question and Answer Forums [Deleted]

ThemeHouse updated [TH] Question and Answer Forums with a new update entry:

Version 1.1.0 released

Enhancements:
  • Added ability to automatically mark threads as answered
  • Selecting/deselecting question/answer prefix now selects/deselects the question status checkbox when creating/editing a thread
  • Added new permissions to allow users to add/remove question status
  • Added "rebuild post vote caches" cache rebuilder
  • Added profile Block showing users' best answers
  • Unanswered threads filter added to New posts page, with link added to Forum statistics
  • User...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I don't know if it's because of my last suggestion to Jon or not, but thanks for implementing the automatic best answer marking.
However, I have an issue with removing the question status. If I try to remove it, either with the bulk tool or un-checking the question-status while editing a single topic, I get an error. Actually, I'm getting this error when trying to hard-delete a topic with a question status as well. Only way to delete the thread is by disabling the q&a addon first.

Code:
XF\Db\Exception: MySQL query error [1690]: BIGINT UNSIGNED value is out of range in '(`xenforo1`.`user`.`th_up_votes_qaforum` - `xenforo1`.`user`.`th_down_votes_qaforum`)' in src\XF\Db\AbstractStatement.php at line 217
XF\Db\AbstractStatement->getException() in src\XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement.php at line 196
XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->getException() in src\XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement.php at line 77
XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->execute() in src\XF\Db\AbstractAdapter.php at line 89
XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->query() in src\addons\ThemeHouse\QAForums\Repository\Vote.php at line 40
ThemeHouse\QAForums\Repository\Vote->removeVotesFromThread() in src\addons\ThemeHouse\QAForums\XF\Entity\Thread.php at line 59
ThemeHouse\QAForums\XF\Entity\Thread->_postSave() in src\XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity.php at line 1208
XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->save() in src\XF\Service\Thread\Editor.php at line 225
XF\Service\Thread\Editor->_save() in src\XF\Service\ValidateAndSavableTrait.php at line 40
XF\Service\Thread\Editor->save() in src\XF\Pub\Controller\Thread.php at line 676
XF\Pub\Controller\Thread->actionEdit() in src\XF\Mvc\Dispatcher.php at line 321
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src\XF\Mvc\Dispatcher.php at line 248
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch() in src\XF\Mvc\Dispatcher.php at line 100
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src\XF\Mvc\Dispatcher.php at line 50
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src\XF\App.php at line 2177
XF\App->run() in src\XF.php at line 390
XF::runApp() in index.php at line 20

I don't know if it's because of my last suggestion to Jon or not, but thanks for implementing the automatic best answer marking.
However, I have an issue with removing the question status. If I try to remove it, either with the bulk tool or un-checking the question-status while editing a single topic, I get an error. Actually, I'm getting this error when trying to hard-delete a topic with a question status as well. Only way to delete the thread is by disabling the q&a addon first.

Code:
XF\Db\Exception: MySQL query error [1690]: BIGINT UNSIGNED value is out of range in '(`xenforo1`.`user`.`th_up_votes_qaforum` - `xenforo1`.`user`.`th_down_votes_qaforum`)' in src\XF\Db\AbstractStatement.php at line 217
XF\Db\AbstractStatement->getException() in src\XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement.php at line 196
XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->getException() in src\XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement.php at line 77
XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->execute() in src\XF\Db\AbstractAdapter.php at line 89
XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->query() in src\addons\ThemeHouse\QAForums\Repository\Vote.php at line 40
ThemeHouse\QAForums\Repository\Vote->removeVotesFromThread() in src\addons\ThemeHouse\QAForums\XF\Entity\Thread.php at line 59
ThemeHouse\QAForums\XF\Entity\Thread->_postSave() in src\XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity.php at line 1208
XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->save() in src\XF\Service\Thread\Editor.php at line 225
XF\Service\Thread\Editor->_save() in src\XF\Service\ValidateAndSavableTrait.php at line 40
XF\Service\Thread\Editor->save() in src\XF\Pub\Controller\Thread.php at line 676
XF\Pub\Controller\Thread->actionEdit() in src\XF\Mvc\Dispatcher.php at line 321
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src\XF\Mvc\Dispatcher.php at line 248
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch() in src\XF\Mvc\Dispatcher.php at line 100
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src\XF\Mvc\Dispatcher.php at line 50
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src\XF\App.php at line 2177
XF\App->run() in src\XF.php at line 390
XF::runApp() in index.php at line 20
Thanks Ray. We are aware of this error and a bug fix is coming very soon.

• LogicException: Attempted to set 'th_answered_qaforum' while a save was pending without forceSet
  • src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php:575
What is the problem?

By default it's @xf-paletteColor1, set in Appearance > Styles > Default styles > [TH] Questions & Answers Forums. Under Q&A Controls you'll find the value for the background.
The other way around is adding this to your extra.less
CSS:
.message-cell--qaControls {
    background: #fff; /* or some other value */
}

Is there a way to disable the unanswered threads tab in the "find-threads" section?
This is doable through the core feature in XenForo known as template edit. To better assist you, I'd suggest posting in the general forums so that you can gather advice on using the template edit feature within XenForo.

Just bought it, love the idea but is there any way we can move the voting system to the message area, where "Likes" are?

Just bought it, love the idea but is there any way we can move the voting system to the message area, where "Likes" are?
That's unfortunately not possible/supported by default. You could probably mod the templates to achieve this manually.

Or just merge it into where the avatar is therefor you don't create an extra block when its responsive (want to reduce as much space as possible and the also the profile blocks are even down the page.

Also, I have searched the forum and had conflicting answers but is there a way to convert old threads into Q/A threads? A setting or query? If I try and do it manually, I get an error and can't view the thread at all.

"
Oops! We ran into some problems.
Something went wrong. Please try again or contact the administrator.
"

Last edited:
Or just merge it into where the avatar is therefor you don't create an extra block when its responsive (want to reduce as much space as possible and the also the profile blocks are even down the page.

Also, I have searched the forum and had conflicting answers but is there a way to convert old threads into Q/A threads? A setting or query? If I try and do it manually, I get an error and can't view the thread at all.

"
Oops! We ran into some problems.
Something went wrong. Please try again or contact the administrator.
"
I'd suggest looking into our documentation where it explains how to batch update threads: https://www.themehouse.com/help/documentation/qaforums/batch-update-threads

Top Bottom