[TH] Question and Answer Forums [Deleted]

This looks awesome.

Can the user metrics of this be used for trophies? For example, give a trophy for having an answer voted correct, another trophy for X number of correct answers, etc?

Is there an option when you create a post to “ask a question” or are all the threads questions in the admin designated forums?

It automatically assumes all threads in specified forums are meant to be in the Q&A format. Though, I could see having an option to create a normal thread or a question within the same node being useful. Will have a look in to this :)

Looks good and I would like to have it on my board so badly as its going to help us on the Q and A section but giving my recent experience with reaction add on I would rather wait for another developer to come up with some like Mark Posts as Best Answer add on.

Reactions: CNK
Does the member with the best answer get any kind of incentive? Like does the list of posts or number of times selected as best answer appear anywhere (like in his profile etc)? This is kind of important for my forum otherwise a bunch of amateur comedians will occasionally post a response like it’s open mic night lol

Also FYI this add on shows kind of what I was suggesting with the the ability to turn any post into a question (similar to adding a poll for example): https://xenforo.com/community/resources/question-threads.5767/

Do you have live demos of your paid addons?

Send me a PM and we can get something setup for you :)

Does the member with the best answer get any kind of incentive? Like does the list of posts or number of times selected as best answer appear anywhere (like in his profile etc)?

This is coming in the next update!

Also FYI this add on shows kind of what I was suggesting with the the ability to turn any post into a question (similar to adding a poll for example): https://xenforo.com/community/resources/question-threads.5767/

Yeah, we'll be adding this option in as well in the next update :)

ThemeHouse updated [TH] Question and Answer Forums with a new update entry:

Version 1.0.1 released

Features & Enhancements:
  • Alerts are now sent when a post is marked as "Best" by the author (or anyone with appropriate permissions)
  • Ability to set specific threads as Q&A threads
  • Ability to force threads created in specific nodes to be Q&A threads
  • Ability to target several user statistics wherever user criteria are supported
    • User has had at least X best answers
    • User has had no more than X best answers
    • User has received at least X up votes
    • User has...

Read the rest of this update entry...

This addon is looking great.

Does it change the post display order so that the highest rated (voted up) answers are displayed first?
**Edit** I see this is already answered in the description.

Top Bottom