[TH] Question and Answer Forums [Deleted]

Question and Answer Forums thread list can be make like this?

jNd1FNbhSDi3aFFc70lYQA.png

I found a bug which led me to disabling the add-on until fix.

I had to disable all add-ons to finally find the source and it was related to this add-on. Basically, whatever forums you post in, it does not update in the node list (i.e posted a moment ago) and shows the thread that was last posted since the recent update. Hard to explain.

I had to disable all add-ons to finally find the source and it was related to this add-on. Basically, whatever forums you post in, it does not update in the node list (i.e posted a moment ago) and shows the thread that was last posted since the recent update. Hard to explain.

Same problem confirmed here, although didnt realise until reading this thread. Lets say a post is made in an empty node, with the questions and answers addon enabled, the node doesnt say there is any posts in the node still. Like this :

Screenshot-2017-12-16 Xenforo SEO and Marketing Plugins - XFSEO - Xenforo SEO.webp

Those two bottom nodes, do have posts in them, but its saying "none" because the new posts have been made since Q&A was installed. If I disable question and answers, post a new post in those nodes, it displays as normal.

Also, there seems to be a spacing issue between first and second post for guests ( probably because the thread tools menu sits between that section when logged in. If someone else could confirm this issue so i can rule out an issue at my end that would be great. See guest view here :

https://seoforums.uk/threads/how-backlinks-impact-seo-and-rankings.2829/

Last edited:

Confirm this problem, I was forced to disable addon ....

Having a look into this, will see about getting an update today, as a temporary solution you can rebuild forum caches in tools - rebuild caches

SERIOUS BUG WITH LATEST VERSION - 1.0.4

The Unread/Read state of forum doesn't change across the board. The moment I disable the Add On everything works perfectly.
This was not so in 1.0.3.
This needs to be fixed on priority as I have to disable this addon since I cannot run rebuild forum cache manually every minute.

I had to go thru the long winding approach of disabling all 26 add ons and then enabling them one by one to zero in on the problematic Add On. The issue is reproducible as many times as I try.

Have you updated the latest release that Jake updated less than an hour ago? Or are you saying this problem excists in 1.0.4 level 1 as well ?

Have you updated the latest release that Jake updated less than an hour ago? Or are you saying this problem excists in 1.0.4 level 1 as well ?
I spent an hour testing and then posted. Saw the update, went thru it and the issue is fixed.
Needs bug testing before release, else can be a nightmare.
Would probably delay updates on third party Add Ons to be safe.

Unanswered Questions (widget) bug still persists. The Widget title link leads to page that lists everything Q&A and Non Q&A posts.
Ideally, it should only list Unanswered thread from Q&A forums only.

I know these pages have redirects attached to them from a search engine point of view but they will still be indexed which is REALLY bad considering every single question will have the same page titles, generating thousands of duplicate page titles and thin content being rammed all over forums, this is quite an important one.

Would you mind putting adding a rel="nofollow" on the post bit vote count trigger. And on the actual voting page add to the header.
  • Nofollow, no-index
  • Canonical back to the original thread
Those pages generate a tone of duplicate page titles, not to mention the thin content.

IDEALLY id like to stop guests from viewing those pages all together ( as well as the above applied ) I thought the setting the guest usergroup to "[TH] Q&A Forums: View vote details" might have done that but It didnt so I assume that does something else.

Sample of these pages already being indexed : https://www.google.co.uk/search?ei=...64.psy-ab..0.5.278...0i8i7i30k1.0.UdLpuL0RS9k

I'm not one to over dramatise, but it would be appreciated for a quick fix for this please.

Unanswered Questions (widget) bug still persists. The Widget title link leads to page that lists everything Q&A and Non Q&A posts.
Ideally, it should only list Unanswered thread from Q&A forums only.

Hmm, I thought I had this fixed in the last update, it may not have gotten included will give it another look. As a temporary solution you can edit the widget and have it select from only your Q&A forum :)

Hmm, I thought I had this fixed in the last update, it may not have gotten included will give it another look. As a temporary solution you can edit the widget and have it select from only your Q&A forum :)
Yes I selected only the Q&A but the title of the widget still links to everything across the board.

Top Bottom