[TH] Question and Answer Forums [Deleted]

@ThemeHouse @Jake B. - I saw some references to supporting structured content, but wanted to confirm, if a thread is marked as Q&A thread, that thread will inherit the Google Q&A Structured content schema? Correct?

Also, three other questions:

1. If we add this in to an existing forum, that forum can have a mix of regular threads & Q&A thread, correct?

2. Is there any risks in going back and marking an existing thread, one that already has some replies, a Q&A thread?

3. Do you guys offer install & configuration service for this add-on? I was on your site, but some of the pages weren't loading (got the endless spinning wheel).

@ThemeHouse @Jake B. - I saw some references to supporting structured content, but wanted to confirm, if a thread is marked as Q&A thread, that thread will inherit the Google Q&A Structured content schema? Correct?

Also, three other questions:

1. If we add this in to an existing forum, that forum can have a mix of regular threads & Q&A thread, correct?

2. Is there any risks in going back and marking an existing thread, one that already has some replies, a Q&A thread?

3. Do you guys offer install & configuration service for this add-on? I was on your site, but some of the pages weren't loading (got the endless spinning wheel).

I've been using this for idk maybe a year now

Yes google sees the correct schema and you will see info about it in Google Webmaster Tools

1. yes. You can force all new threads to use Q&A format or you can allow the poster to opt-in to the question format on thread creation

2. No risk, I did this via SQL query (backup first just in case)

@ThemeHouse , @Jake B. ,
found a bug/issue with the entry "Unanswered questions" in the stats widget:
  1. This links to the whats-new page, but with the wrong filter applied ("unread" instead of "unanswered")
  2. When using the correct filter ("unanswered"), the list only sorts the unread posts by the .isquestion flag. That way you have on top of the list those flagged as questions, but that doesn´t mean they are unanswered. Most irritating is, that underneath the question threads, there are all other unread normal threads listed.
  3. With both, 1&2, the number of "Unanswered questions" in the widget is obviously incorrect (in my case 166 in the widget, in fact I have 4 questions in total in the whole forums ;) )
Would really appreciate, you could release a maintenance version adressing these issues.

1. This links to the whats-new page, but with the wrong filter applied ("unread" instead of "unanswered")
  2. When using the correct filter ("unanswered"), the list only sorts the unread posts by the .isquestion flag. That way you have on top of the list those flagged as questions, but that doesn´t mean they are unanswered. Most irritating is, that underneath the question threads, there are all other unread normal threads listed.
  3. With both, 1&2, the number of "Unanswered questions" in the widget is obviously incorrect (in my case 166 in the widget, in fact I have 4 questions in total in the whole forums ;) )
Would really appreciate, you could release a maintenance version adressing these issues.

Could you create a ticket for this? To the best of my knowledge, we don't add anything to what's new unless it was something added by Lukas - but a ticket should get us in the right direction at least (and is much easier for us to track) :)

Hello guys!

Just buying and a quick question:

- Can i enable the up/down vote feature outside of the QA Threads?

I'm asking this because i want the up/down vote functionality but outside of the QA threads.

And if not, please, this is my suggestion. Please add this functionality.

Would be great if the Up/Down Function was added to the First Post of the thread, to show in the thread list too in the same format.

Thank you very much.

Last edited:
Hello,

please, can i set in options - after select best answer -> auto lock the thread?

In the forum, we lock the answered questions manually. Because there and later there was an unnecessary discussion.

Thanks.

@ThemeHouse , @Jake B. ,

@Lukas W. ,
Anomandaris informed me, that you´ve closed the github issue https://github.com/Audentio/xf2addon-issues/issues/2064 regarding the wrong linking in the statistic block. mentioning it would work as intended, but it doesn´t. Just installed QA on a virgin test forum and the same error is happening. Please re-open the issue and have a look into.

screenshot-dev-2020.01.16-07_38_32.png

The link in the stat block seems correct as /index.php?whats-new/posts/&unansweredquestions=1 , but gets redirected to /index.php?whats-new/posts/3/.

Last edited:
Love the add-on but I have a question. I see in the style properties section that I can change out the icons by replacing the 'fa-var-_____' phrase, but where do I upload the new icon image and is there a template I have to edit somewhere?

Love the add-on but I have a question. I see in the style properties section that I can change out the icons by replacing the 'fa-var-_____' phrase, but where do I upload the new icon image and is there a template I have to edit somewhere?

They are Font Awesome icons, you can search for an icon you want like "money" and this site will give you their names

The majority of them are already included in your install, you don't need to upload anything. Not all are available, but most are, just try them out

@
Anomandaris

So - where do I find ones included in the install. I see where I can plug in another icon phrase (to replace '@fa-var-question' for example). I assume I can replace with some other phrase but where do I find those alternative phrases? Or do I need to register with the Font Awesome site?

Last edited:
So - where do I find ones included in the install. I see where I can plug in another icon phrase (to replace '@fa-var-question' for example). I assume I can replace with some other phrase but where do I find those alternative phrases? Or do I need to register with the Font Awesome site?

search them on the Font Awesome site and then change them in the style properties for the addon
XF2 = Font Awesome 5 Pro

What does 'XF2 = Font Awesome 5 Pro' mean?
Sorry - I'm not following you. I understand where to change them - and I understand how to search for them on Font Awesome. I registered for a free account but plugging in a name of a new icon isn't working. Do I have to have a 'pro account'? I'm not doing something correctly.

When I replace an image name with a new one from the Font Awesome site and save in style properties, it throws my template off and get server error messages

What does 'XF2 = Font Awesome 5 Pro' mean?
Sorry - I'm not following you. I understand where to change them - and I understand how to search for them on Font Awesome. I registered for a free account but plugging in a name of a new icon isn't working. Do I have to have a 'pro account'? I'm not doing something correctly.

I had this issue in the past as well. There are different versions of Font Awesome, you should have access to most of the glyphs in the Font Awesome 5 Pro package under the Regular style. If they didn't work, I just used different ones, it was trial and error to be honest. UI.X uses Material Icons, Q&A Forums uses FontAwesome. You can use inspect element on the icon and scroll down to the bottom and you will see "Font Awesome 5 Pro" written there

Top Bottom