[TH] Question and Answer Forums [Deleted]

Make sure this available in this years. Bug fix update should be happen hot fix, When bug happened functionality breaking issues. All new thread post assigned question status for all Forums, not only Question and Answer Forums.
Impatience won't help resolving this issue any sooner. We're not holding the fix back because we randomly feel like it, but because it is not ready yet.

ThemeHouse updated [TH] Question and Answer Forums with a new update entry:

Version 1.1.2 released!

Changes:
  • Resolved an issue that would always mark threads as QA threads in certain setups.
  • Resolved an issue that would prevent the QA status toggle from being shown on thread creation when the user had no permission to edit his own posts.
  • Improved styling of up/down vote buttons.
  • Made status indicators, up/down vote and best answer icons modifiable through style properties.
  • Resolved an unknown template error.
  • Resolved an issue that would show non-question...

Read the rest of this update entry...

It automatically assumes all threads in specified forums are meant to be in the Q&A format. Though, I could see having an option to create a normal thread or a question within the same node being useful. Will have a look in to this :)

Did you add this feature? Its the most essential, separate forum only for questions is not practical.

Its the most essential, separate forum only for questions is not practical.
Well, unless I misunderstand your question you can already to that. There can be regular threads and "question" threads in the same node as per the users choice (controllable via permissions).

I use: [TH] Question & Answer Forums 1.1.2
The "Latest answering users" widget does not show up to date. I choose last week. I want to show the most respondents in this field in the last 7 days. In the last 7 days, most respondents do not. What could be the problem?

I'm having a heck of a time with getting the Q&A to work consistently with the Up and Down Vote Arrows. I have all permissions enabled in both the forum and group permissions. I was able to get it working on some test posts after changing some permissions from inherit to Yes for the category.

Is there some readers digest for exactly what is required for the voting to work? I have read the documentation.

Thanks much, Brian

I use: [TH] Question & Answer Forums 1.1.2
The "Latest answering users" widget does not show up to date. I choose last week. I want to show the most respondents in this field in the last 7 days. In the last 7 days, most respondents do not. What could be the problem?
I'll test this further to see if I am able to replicate the same issue but users did recently answer questions last week per say? If not I'd say it is doing what it needs to do.

EDIT: I'd suggest doing a cache reset as well as this might help.

I'm having a heck of a time with getting the Q&A to work consistently with the Up and Down Vote Arrows. I have all permissions enabled in both the forum and group permissions. I was able to get it working on some test posts after changing some permissions from inherit to Yes for the category.

Is there some readers digest for exactly what is required for the voting to work? I have read the documentation.

Thanks much, Brian
What type of issues are you having with the Up and Down vote arrows? Is it telling you that you don't have permission to vote up or down? Please create a ticket on our support portal for further help.

Last edited:
Hey there,

Could we get more widgets made?

A few I’d like to see is new questions without answers and new questions with few answers or perhaps create a page where you can filter different things such as I said above view questions without answers/replies

Hey there,

Could we get more widgets made?

A few I’d like to see is new questions without answers and new questions with few answers or perhaps create a page where you can filter different things such as I said above view questions without answers/replies
So like what is shown in the Forum Statistics but make it it's own separate widget?

Users don't understand that the answer to a question is "the best answer." For this, by writing the phrase "Best Answer," I want to highlight that answer.

In addition, "Solved Last Question" widget will be quite useful.

Top Bottom