[TH] Question and Answer Forums [Deleted]

Hi @ThemeHouse, i was wondering - would it be possible to "hard-tie" the "question thread" checkbox into a prefix? i know i can already set up a way for all question threads to use a certain prefix, but honestly - i would like there to also be an option to tie one of the prefixes to ALWAYS create the thread as a Q&A thread

for example - we have a Q&A prefix in our forum and it would be nice if all threads created using that prefix were Q&A threads automatically, without also having to check the checkbox. Because honestly right now people using our forum are getting confused and are just creating regular Q&A threads (without marking them as question threads). marking the entire node as "Q&A only" isn't something that's possible in our current setup (we don't want to have a separate node just for Q&A threads)

would you consider adding this as an option or is that something that can't really be done with the way xenforo operates?

Hi @ThemeHouse, i was wondering - would it be possible to "hard-tie" the "question thread" checkbox into a prefix? i know i can already set up a way for all question threads to use a certain prefix, but honestly - i would like there to also be an option to tie one of the prefixes to ALWAYS create the thread as a Q&A thread

for example - we have a Q&A prefix in our forum and it would be nice if all threads created using that prefix were Q&A threads automatically, without also having to check the checkbox. Because honestly right now people using our forum are getting confused and are just creating regular Q&A threads (without marking them as question threads). marking the entire node as "Q&A only" isn't something that's possible in our current setup (we don't want to have a separate node just for Q&A threads)

would you consider adding this as an option or is that something that can't really be done with the way xenforo operates?
This isn't something we will be adding within the add-on itself but this is doable by editing the following template thread_list_macros before adding the following code between the lines 81 and 82 shown below.
Code:
<if is="$thread.th_is_qa_qaforum" />
<span class="label label--lightGreen" dir="auto">Question</span>
</xf:if>

This isn't something we will be adding within the add-on itself but this is doable by editing the following template thread_list_macros before adding the following code between the lines 81 and 82 shown below.
Code:
<if is="$thread.th_is_qa_qaforum" />
<span class="label label--lightGreen" dir="auto">Question</span>
</xf:if>

i'll try that ... thanks! :)

• Error: Call to a member function last() on array
  • src/addons/ThemeHouse/QAForums/XF/Pub/Controller/Thread.php:156
What is the problem. New message after.

@ThemeHouse i might have a small feature request (if possible) ... namely, would it be possible to make the "Unanswered questions" statistic clickable? in a way that it would take the user to a list of all the unanswered questions?

1539385098040.webp

@ThemeHouse @Dalton Prock

Hi,

I sent you this already by email to hello@themehouse.com at the 3rd of September (!) 2018, no answer so far:

Hi,

I tried to register with 2 different email addresses at your XenForo Q&A demo: https://www.themehouse.com/xenforo/2/addons/qaforums/demo

In both cases I didn't receive emails (spam folder checked), even after days.

Now I got this error message, after trying to sign up again with (...):

"It appears you already have a demo, please contact us at hello@themehouse.com if you believe this is incorrect"

So please send me the login data needed to access your demo.

Many thanks in advance!

@ThemeHouse @Dalton Prock

Hi,

I sent you this already by email to hello@themehouse.com at the 3rd of September (!) 2018, no answer so far:

Hi,

I tried to register with 2 different email addresses at your XenForo Q&A demo: https://www.themehouse.com/xenforo/2/addons/qaforums/demo

In both cases I didn't receive emails (spam folder checked), even after days.

Now I got this error message, after trying to sign up again with (...):

"It appears you already have a demo, please contact us at hello@themehouse.com if you believe this is incorrect"

So please send me the login data needed to access your demo.

Many thanks in advance!

Hi,

I believe I had replied to that email, but as that demo generation page says at the top in the red box:

There is currently an issue preventing demos from being generated. Many of our add-ons are installed on our themes demo.

Can you add " Most answers" and "Most Q&A Points" widget ?
These are provided in the member's page as tabs but might be some ideal widgets. I'll go ahead and add this as a feature suggestion on our issue tracker.
@ThemeHouse i might have a small feature request (if possible) ... namely, would it be possible to make the "Unanswered questions" statistic clickable? in a way that it would take the user to a list of all the unanswered questions?

View attachment 185357
I'll submit it as a feature suggestion but not sure how it would work if you have multiple Q&A Forums unless you were sent to a page that showed what all Q&A threads need answers. Either way, not a bad idea ;)

I'll submit it as a feature suggestion but not sure how it would work if you have multiple Q&A Forums unless you were sent to a page that showed what all Q&A threads need answers. Either way, not a bad idea ;)

yeah, even just a list of all unanswered threads in all the Q&A forums would be fine :) just so there's a way to see only the threads that haven't had the "best answer" selected without having to "hunt" them down manually :) and thank you! :D

Top Bottom