[TH] Question and Answer Forums [Deleted]

ThemeHouse updated [TH] Question and Answer Forums with a new update entry:

Version 1.0.6 Released

Enhancements:
  • Importer for [n] Best Answer / Q&A System add-on
  • Up/down voting now process through AJAX and doesn't require a page reload
  • Ability to hide posts if the votes fall below a specified threshold

Bugs Fixed:
  • Error when using certain user criteria (when using User promotions, for example)
  • View vote details permission not applied correctly

Read the rest of this update entry...

Just installed the update and up/down voting still doesn't seem to be being done via. AJAX (page still reloading). :cautious:

Just installed the update and up/down voting still doesn't seem to be being done via. AJAX (page still reloading). :cautious:
There may be outdated templates, it should be working. If not feel free to create a ticket and post a link, we'll see what the issue is.

Reactions: Tom
I'm a brand new user to Xenforo so forgive me, threads/posts that are Question and Answer will still act like regular posts/threads in other regards, like showing up in "new posts", subscriptions etc...? Also if we removed this addon in the future, everything would return to normal without loss? Thanks in advance

I'm a brand new user to Xenforo so forgive me, threads/posts that are Question and Answer will still act like regular posts/threads in other regards, like showing up in "new posts", subscriptions etc...? Also if we removed this addon in the future, everything would return to normal without loss? Thanks in advance
Welcome to XenForo! Yes they will be normal threads. You tell the forum to which it's threads will have this added functionality. And yes removal of the add-on will be as if it were never there to begin. Feel free to reach out if you have any other questions!

Really interested by this addon.
Is it possible to add the functionality only to threads with specific prefix rather than an entire forum ??

Is it possible to add the functionality only to threads with specific prefix rather than an entire forum ??
Not built to support this currently but I think that's not too bad to build. We just only have it on nodes at the moment.

When marking a post as best answer, latest update:

View attachment 169396

The line number in that error doesn't seem to line up with what I'm seeing, can you make sure all of the files from the latest update were uploaded correctly?

This actually is possible, though not directly. You can enable Q&A forums without it being required. This will allow a user to tick a box when creating a thread to mark it as a Q&A thread. You can also set a prefix to automatically be assigned to all Q&A threads, and a separate prefix to be applied once the thread has been marked as answered. I'd recommend setting it so no user group can manually assign these permissions as manually assigning these won't set the Q&A status

Looks nice, could you tell me if it's possible to force new layout with rating to old threads from selected forum?

Looks nice, could you tell me if it's possible to force new layout with rating to old threads from selected forum?

You can do this via inline moderation after selecting multiple threads or via SQL Query. Disclaimer: Always backup before SQLing :)

This would turn all the threads into Q&A format in node 41:
SQL:
update xf_thread set th_is_qa_qaforum = 1 where node_id = 41

I did it like this on all my "help" nodes, I had other nodes that were not exclusive to questions/help threads but I already had "Help" prefixes in place so I just did an additional "where prefix id= 1" conditional

Reactions: CNK
Thanks, now it works with template, but AJAX rating doesn't work:

Code:
jquery-3.2.1.min.js?_v=ebe522ee:4 Failed to load javascript:void(0): Cross origin requests are only supported for protocol schemes: http, data, chrome, chrome-extension, https.

any idea?

Your jQuery isn't loading so I'd suspect you'll run into quite a few more issues even with the core of xenforo, I'd recommend contacting your host as it seems to be a server related issue

Actually, the error message may have just formatted weird when you copied it now that I look closer. Could you create a ticket at themehouse.com with login details so I can have a look?

Is it possible to enable voting for all users (not only thread authors/moderators)?

Are you referring to the up/down votes or best answer? Can't really allow best answer to work for anyone, but there is a planned feature as soon as we get time to allow this to automatically happen after a set amount of time based on up/down vote ratio

Voting up/down, like stackoverflow.com --> this will help us choose the best answer by the community ;-)

Top Bottom