[TH] Promotion Message by ThemeHouse [Deleted]

yes. Now i tested a fresh install. I can't install your addon.
XenForo 1.2.1? I'm struggling to replicate the issue. Might be to do with the error you got before. Try re-installing and uninstalling the older version of this add-on and see if that makes a difference.

Well, the promotion message is so simple. Is it possible to link the member profile page in the name of the promoted member?

Eg:

We are pleased to announce that Akhil has been promoted to the New Member usergroup.

Edit the phrase waindigo_congratulations_thread_message_promotionmessage. You should be able to put @ in front of the user's name to get it to work like that.

Is there a way to enable this only for specific user groups?

I would only want the promotion message to occur when a user joins a certain group.

For instance, I have a set of user groups that act as a work-around for Syndol's Double-post Merge that allows me to control how much time between posts each group is allowed. Because of the way permissions work, I can't have a lower-level group set to a longer time than a higher level group - the higher number wins. So I have a DPM group that sets that permission. So if a user is added to Group2 they are promoted to Group2-DPM and removed from Group1-DPM, and a promotion message is generated for the user being promoted.

That's just my specific circumstance, but I can imagine there are other reasons why someone would not want a promo message generated for every single user group.

Is there a way to enable this only for specific user groups?

I would only want the promotion message to occur when a user joins a certain group.
Currently it is a global option, I could add a new field for each user group so a custom message could be added and used in case of promotion. PM me if you want to contribute for this to be added.

Is this supposed to work when users upgrade via the user upgrade system, say to a paid Premium member group, as mine doesnt seem to be working if it is meant for that.
Nice addon if it does what i think
Thanks

No, this is for User Group Promotions and not the user upgrade system. I think our User Upgrades by Waindigo add-on has a similar feature to this though.

Right, installed and working correctly. There's one thing I need to change in the phrase...

{username} needs to be a link to the promoted users profile. We can't use the 'post as promoted user' option because this gets posted into our admin section for discussion.

Any ideas?

Top Bottom