[TH] Profile Cover [Deleted]

Also are the problems with Beta 2 resolved? I would need to make sure everything is working correctly. Thank you.

EDIT: I decided to buy the discord widget for $10 instead. I may buy this at a later date though. I'll let you know. Thanks though.

Last edited:
@Lukas W. is this now okay to download even if you have ads on your site? That's why I couldn't download it before. I was going to pay the 10 euros but decided on spending it on the discord widget instead. Also I see it's unmaintained but also still in Beta mode. Does this mean you don't plan on working on it anymore? Or is it possibly going to be abandoned? The only reason I'm asking is since it's in Beta but also now unmaintained. I actually got pretty excited when I saw the license changed over to MIT and possibly may be usable for free. And if it is now free to use even if you have ads on your site do you recommend I wait for it to come out of beta first? Or is there no future plans for this?

I'm just wondering is all. Either way is fine. Thank you so much.

The add-on has been Open Sourced, so no worries about licensing whatsoever! It hasn't seen any updates though, so moderation tools, etc. are still missing. If you're looking forward to a more complete solution, we're releasing a separate Add-on at ThemeHouse the next few days that offers everything my old one was missing.

The add-on has been Open Sourced, so no worries about licensing whatsoever! It hasn't seen any updates though, so moderation tools, etc. are still missing. If you're looking forward to a more complete solution, we're releasing a separate Add-on at ThemeHouse the next few days that offers everything my old one was missing.

Okay that sounds great. Even if the new one costs money I will probably buy it at some point. But thanks for the tip off. I will most likely wait for that one instead. I remember there was a cover add-on for xenforo 1 that I believe I saw before made by themehouse so I can see how they're going to release a new one. I just didn't know when. I will be sure to keep my eyes open. Thank you

Is it going to be insanely expensive like all the other Themehouse ones? Also can you guys make a addon to change the website background for each profile? Would make the profile more user customizable

Here's the add-on Lukas was more than likely talking about:

https://xenforo.com/community/resources/th-covers.6493/

It was released just recently

Ya that is expensive and not really worth the 25$ honestly. This free one does more than enough when you modify the code to expend how much of the profile banner is visible. Again I'd would honestly by an addon that changed the page of the website on the user profile. So someone could upload a big picture to overlay on their profile.

Ya that is expensive and not really worth the 25$ honestly.
I'll leave it to your choice if you consider it worth it, but it's far from expensive. It's a high quality product, with many development hours, not some cheap, thrown together code chunk. Quality has its price, and if you ask me, our XF2 suite is sold under value already. And we'd love to invest even more resources into them. But as long as people on XF prefer cheap prices over good quality, that'll remain nothing but a wish.

I have it installed, but when I click the "Profile Cover" button via the Profile page, it loads forever. I see this error in the console.

Uncaught TypeError: XF.proxy is not a function ... profile-cover.js?_v=66d94928:43

A lot! :whistle:

You can do this with CSS. Add this to your Extra.less:
Code:
.memberHeader-main {
    background: url('http://url.to/your.img');
}

Hi
Anny idea on how to set also default background for member Tooltip ? (member card)

Thank you

This one I've linked below does, I'm guessing it's the replacement for this add on, might want to confirm that though

This one I've linked below does, I'm guessing it's the replacement for this add on, might want to confirm that though

It is. I was looking for that thread but found this instead. Thanks for sharing

I tried to install and it gave this message:
  • This add-on cannot be installed/upgraded because the following files are missing: js/addons/kl/profile-cover/profile-cover.js.

Im looking to fix my users profile cover. Ive tried:
Code:
.hasCover > .memberHeader-main {
    background-size: cover !important;
    }

in the extra.less but it doesnt seem to do the trick.
When inspecting the element and playing with the section I can get a fix using:

cover.png

But cant seem to find where to put that.

Currently it looks like:

cover2.png
I would like it to look like:
cover_example.png

Thank you for any help in advance

Big and exciting changes are coming as we adjust our trajectory, just know that we’ll be with you every step of the way. Take a look at our announcement here for more information. If you have any questions, please contact us here so we can assist.

Top Bottom