[TH] Profile Cover [Deleted]

I did something similar months ago in my forum, where user signatures are also used as profile covers. However the only issue (with my hard-coded modification and your way better add-on) is still the resizing/cropping of pictures. But nice job so far, keep up the good work and I might consider switching to your add-on anytime soon :)

Is there an easy way to set the max height of the image?
I currently have this set in my extra.less

Code:
.memberHeader-content--info  {
    height: 215px;
    }

But I don't know if that's the correct way to do it as it's not a %, plus doing this messes up the upload process (recommended size, the cropping etc...)

If you change the memberHeader-content--info height, you have to adjust the header height in the ACP options to reflect these changes.

If you change the memberHeader-content--info height, you have to adjust the header height in the ACP options to reflect these changes.
No no it works.

Before:
unknown.png

After:
unknown.png

Just wondering if this is the way to do it properly or if there's a way to do it that doesn't break the upload window and repositiobing/cropping..

You screenshots seem to demonstrate that it works to me?
This is what I mean.
Mzm1xwV.png

As you can see the preview in the window is not accurate, it's not as tall as the actual image and way wider. plus the recommended size doesn't match up anymore either.

As said before, the cropper uses the proportions you have defined in the ACP options. If you set the height there to 500, it will be 500 in the popup:
8MuWTkF.png
Cfi1WFD.png

If you set it to 200 it will be 200, and so on. If you modify the content container that holds the background image, you will also have to reflect these changes in the ACP options to match your container size.

As said before, the cropper uses the proportions you have defined in the ACP options. If you set the height there to 500, it will be 500 in the popup:
8MuWTkF.png
Cfi1WFD.png

If you set it to 200 it will be 200, and so on. If you modify the content container that holds the background image, you will also have to reflect these changes in the ACP options to match your container size.

Getting somewhere:
NK8zqFq.png

Still got a slider on the popup box (modal box?). But i'm guessing that's an issue with the theme, and not the plugin?

That's not an issue but intended behavior. The background is larger than the modal, so the modal has to display a slider to accommodate for that and display the whole background.

That's not an issue but intended behavior. The background is larger than the modal, so the modal has to display a slider to accommodate for that and display the whole background.

Alright.. Thank you so much for your help. Just had one more question.

Is there a way to have the plugin resize the image that gets uploaded if the length of the image isn't enough to actually cover the profile cover.

I was guessing that it had something to do with the

"background-size: auto !important;" in the profile cover block extra css.

But setting it to cover and removing the !important seems to make no diference.

Is there a way to have the plugin resize the image that gets uploaded if the length of the image isn't enough to actually cover the profile cover

The cropper does not support that as far as I can tell, so there currently is no way of achieving it in a way that will make cropping still work. Users have to pick covers that fill the minimum dimension in order to have it fully cover the area. And to be honest: you really don't want stretched/upscaled background images, they look awfully bad.

One final question. is there a way to change the profile card and how it shows the image, It seems to use the top left point of the image to display it rather than where it's set to in the crop window.

One final question. is there a way to change the profile card and how it shows the image, It seems to use the top left point of the image to display it rather than where it's set to in the crop window.
It's set to the top left of the cropped area. That's how css works, so there's no way to change that.

@katsulynx
Yo', is this missing something really important I believe? Either that or I can't find it.
How can I moderate someone's else profile cover?

Also, a few bonuses... Add them to your extra.less.

Easy CSS for background image opacity:

CSS:
.memberHeader-main.hasCover {
    background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.35) !important;
    background-blend-mode: color;
}

Hide the scrolling bar in previews:

CSS:
.profileCoverControl-preview {
    overflow: hidden !important;
}

Last edited by a moderator:
>>Update: I managed to get it working. I couldn't uninstall it originally, with the update uploaded, but:

• I re-uploaded the beta 1
  • Uninstalled beta-1 through the ACP once the site recognized that the installed version matched the file version.
  • Uploaded beta 2
  • beta 2 became available to install.

Yes I can confirm problems with updating to Beta 2. I "solved" them by removing the existing addon and installing a new version of it.

3c3j4gzg.png

Is the blue tick supposed to be a toggle? If so, you can't disable it right now. You have to delete the cover, which is probably not what you want to do.
If that's not supposed to be a toggle, what's the purpose? It was kinda confusing for me at first.

Hi,

@katsulynx

Would you accept a donation of $10 USD for this add-on? I don't have a commercial forum but I plan to use google adsense ads at some point during the forums life so would need to pay you. That's all I have right now.

Also can the profile images be deleted and do staff have the power to delete them and/or upload their own to other profiles?

Thanks. Hopefully you can get back to me soon before I spend the money.

Regards,

Brad

Top Bottom