[TH] Privacy Groups [Deleted]

Jon W

Waindigo submitted a new resource:

Privacy Groups by Waindigo - Add new privacy options for viewing/posting on profile/news feed/identities & sending conversations.

Description:

This add-on gives you the ability to add new Privacy Groups to the following drop down menus on the Privacy page of the Your Account screen:
  • View your details on your profile page
  • Post messages on your profile page
  • Receive your news feed
  • Start conversations with you
  • View your identities
Privacy Groups are created by going to:
Admin CP -> Users -> Privacy Groups
The same user criteria that is also used for user upgrades/promotions,...

Read more about this resource...

Do this include to make someone group leader?

No. It is just a way of grouping people for privacy purposes. For example, you might create a group consisting of all users who have posted more than 10 messages, so that people can then select only to allow people in that group to start conversations with them or to view their profile.

If you are looking for social groups with leaders, you might be more interested in something like this:
http://xenforo.com/community/resources/social-groups-by-waindigo.891/

Or for moderated user groups with leaders, there is this:
http://xenforo.com/community/resources/join-user-group-by-waindigo.225/

Excellent addon. How can this be used with other addons like XenGallery and Better Blogs?

My forum list would not load at all. Disabled for now. This is the error code:

An exception occurred: Cannot load class using XFCP. Load the class using the correct loader first. in /home/blah/public_html/library/XenForo/Autoloader.php on line 108

1. XenForo_Autoloader->autoload()
  2. spl_autoload_call() in Waindigo/PrivacyGroups/Extend/sonnb/XenGallery/Model/Photo.php at line 4
  3. include() in XenForo/Autoloader.php at line 119
  4. XenForo_Autoloader->autoload() in XenForo/Application.php at line 959
  5. XenForo_Application::autoload() in XenForo/Application.php at line 483
  6. XenForo_Application::resolveDynamicClass() in XenForo/Model.php at line 189
  7. XenForo_Model::create() in WidgetFramework/Core.php at line 95
  8. WidgetFramework_Core->getModelFromCache() in sonnb/XenGallery/WidgetRenderer/Photo.php at line 103
  9. sonnb_XenGallery_WidgetRenderer_Photo->_render() in WidgetFramework/WidgetRenderer.php at line 637
  10. WidgetFramework_WidgetRenderer->render() in WidgetFramework/Core.php at line 335
  11. WidgetFramework_Core->_renderWidgetsFor() in WidgetFramework/Core.php at line 289
  12. WidgetFramework_Core->renderWidgetsForHook() in WidgetFramework/Listener.php at line 66
  13. WidgetFramework_Listener::template_hook()
  14. call_user_func_array() in XenForo/CodeEvent.php at line 58
  15. XenForo_CodeEvent::fire() in XenForo/Template/Abstract.php at line 285
  16. XenForo_Template_Abstract->callTemplateHook() in /home/dre/public_html/internal_data/templates/S.91,L.1,forum_list.php at line 128
  17. include() in XenForo/Template/Abstract.php at line 260
  18. XenForo_Template_Abstract->_renderInternal() in XenForo/Template/Abstract.php at line 191
  19. XenForo_Template_Abstract->render() in XenForo/Template/Public.php at line 110
  20. XenForo_Template_Public->render() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php at line 119
  21. XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderContainer() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 604
  22. XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 158
  23. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/blah/public_html/index.php at line 13

Code:
Mysqli statement execute error : Column 'allow_post_profile' has duplicated value 'everyone' in ENUM
Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Waindigo/Install/20130819.php at line 1149
Waindigo_Install->_alterTable() in Waindigo/Install/20130819.php at line 1122
Waindigo_Install->_alterEnumValues() in Waindigo/Install/20130819.php at line 330
Waindigo_Install->_uninstall() in Waindigo/Install/20130819.php at line 125
Waindigo_Install::uninstall()
call_user_func() in XenForo/DataWriter/AddOn.php at line 200
XenForo_DataWriter_AddOn->_postDelete() in AddOnInstaller/DataWriter/AddOn.php at line 10
AddOnInstaller_DataWriter_AddOn->_postDelete() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1767
XenForo_DataWriter->delete() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 122
XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionDelete() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 337
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/twowheel/admin.php at line 13
When I tried to upgrade using Chris's installer/update program and the board closed itself and the upgrade did not apparently complete. Now the board is in a closed status - even tho' the board active is checked on. The above was when I was trying to remove the add-on.
After jumping through a few hoops I was able to get it to uninstall.

I haven't been able to upgrade since I last disabled it or else I'd confirm (not home yet).

Code:
Mysqli statement execute error : Column 'allow_post_profile' has duplicated value 'everyone' in ENUM
Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Waindigo/Install/20130819.php at line 1149
Waindigo_Install->_alterTable() in Waindigo/Install/20130819.php at line 1122
Waindigo_Install->_alterEnumValues() in Waindigo/Install/20130819.php at line 330
Waindigo_Install->_uninstall() in Waindigo/Install/20130819.php at line 125
Waindigo_Install::uninstall()
call_user_func() in XenForo/DataWriter/AddOn.php at line 200
XenForo_DataWriter_AddOn->_postDelete() in AddOnInstaller/DataWriter/AddOn.php at line 10
AddOnInstaller_DataWriter_AddOn->_postDelete() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1767
XenForo_DataWriter->delete() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 122
XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionDelete() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 337
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/twowheel/admin.php at line 13
When I tried to upgrade using Chris's installer/update program and the board closed itself and the upgrade did not apparently complete. Now the board is in a closed status - even tho' the board active is checked on. The above was when I was trying to remove the add-on.
After jumping through a few hoops I was able to get it to uninstall.
Your post is a little confusing. Now that it is uninstalled, your board has re-opened. Is this correct?

Your post is a little confusing. Now that it is uninstalled, your board has re-opened. Is this correct?
Yes...
When I updated the older version with Chri's installer program (I have to use it as every time I update a style using your add-on I have to disable that add-on to do it)
The update ran REAL quickly and immediately kicked back with the board closed.
Tried running the update again and repeated the process - with board still closed.
Went to the listing of installed add-ons and disabled this add-on and board was still closed.
Went to remove this add-on and the above occurred.
Went and did a forced refresh and went to the home page and was told that the process had stopped and that I needed to update the templates.
Clicked the link at the top of the ACP and manually ran the update process.
Board then became active again and the add-on removed.

Yes...
When I updated the older version with Chri's installer program (I have to use it as every time I update a style using your add-on I have to disable that add-on to do it)
The update ran REAL quickly and immediately kicked back with the board closed.
Tried running the update again and repeated the process - with board still closed.
Went to the listing of installed add-ons and disabled this add-on and board was still closed.
Went to remove this add-on and the above occurred.
Went and did a forced refresh and went to the home page and was told that the process had stopped and that I needed to update the templates.
Clicked the link at the top of the ACP and manually ran the update process.
Board then became active again and the add-on removed.
If you have uploaded an update to a Waindigo add-on and the XML file hasn't updated then it will close your board as a security precaution. For future reference, the ways to re-open the board is to update with the latest XML file, re-upload the older version, disable ALL Waindigo add-ons, or remove the XML file from your install/data folder.

This sounds like a bug/incompatibility with @Chris Deeming's add-on. For whatever reason, Chris's add-on has uploaded the files but not run the XML file. An update for the bug with my add-on that you are referring to will be released very shortly.

The original request I asked for is not working.

This latest update does not allow us to set privacy usergroup settings for blog entries.

(create a blog entry, edit it, and try to set view permission, you won't see privacy usergroup)

This update only allows us to set settings for the AdminCP Default album privacy settings.

This latest update does not let us set album or pic view permissions in Gallery Settings in our account settings page or on our album and pic page privacy settings, which was my original request.

I am unable to use any of my Admin Options in AdminCP because whenever I click on an AdminCP Option that is NOT XenGallery I get this error:

An exception occurred: Undefined index: sonnbXG_albumPrivacyView in /home/blah/public_html/library/Waindigo/PrivacyGroups/Listener/TemplatePostRender.php on line 48

1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in Waindigo/PrivacyGroups/Listener/TemplatePostRender.php at line 48
  2. Waindigo_PrivacyGroups_Listener_TemplatePostRender->_optionList()
  3. call_user_func_array() in Waindigo/Listener/TemplatePostRender/20130522.php at line 100
  4. Waindigo_Listener_TemplatePostRender->_runTemplateCallback() inWaindigo/Listener/TemplatePostRender/20130522.php at line 53
  5. Waindigo_Listener_TemplatePostRender->run() in Waindigo/PrivacyGroups/Listener/TemplatePostRender.php at line 20
  6. Waindigo_PrivacyGroups_Listener_TemplatePostRender::templatePostRender()
  7. call_user_func_array() in XenForo/CodeEvent.php at line 58
  8. XenForo_CodeEvent::fire() in XenForo/Template/Abstract.php at line 195
  9. XenForo_Template_Abstract->render() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlAdmin.php at line 139
  10. XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlAdmin->renderContainer() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 604
  11. XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 158
  12. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/blah/public_html/admin.php at line 13

I updated my Xenforo to 1.2.1 and then updated Privacy Usergroups.

My original request, being able to use Privacy Groups for editing individual blog entries and using Privacy Groups for editing individual Albums and Pictures is still not working. It doesn't even show up in the drop-down boxes.

The only thing that's showing up is when editing the entire blog in account settings and editing the default album privacy in AdminCP.

Here are the sections that I originally requested that aren't working yet:

View a blog entry. Edit it.

Screen Shot 2013-08-20 at 10.19.35 AM.webp

Privacy Usergroups do not show up there.
Screen Shot 2013-08-20 at 10.15.38 AM.webp

Privacy Usergroups not showing for edit album when clicking the edit link.

Screen Shot 2013-08-20 at 10.21.30 AM.webp

Screen Shot 2013-08-20 at 10.20.39 AM.webp

Privacy Usergroups not showing when clicking the edit link in the Privacy section (same page)

Screen Shot 2013-08-20 at 10.22.39 AM.webp

Screen Shot 2013-08-20 at 10.23.15 AM.webp

Privacy Usergroups not showing when clicking the image edit link or the privacy edit link.

Screen Shot 2013-08-20 at 10.25.01 AM.webp

The latest version of Better Blogs that released tonight broke Privacy Usergroups. I cannot access the index. So I disabled this modification, which wasn't even working with those addons as I had intitially paid for.

This is the error:

Fatal error: Access level to Waindigo_PrivacyGroups_Extend_XfAddOns_Blogs_Model_Blog::allowedByPrivacyOptions() must be protected (as in class XfAddOns_Blogs_Model_Blog) or weaker in /home/blah/public_html/library/Waindigo/PrivacyGroups/Extend/XfAddOns/Blogs/Model/Blog.php on line 4

Last edited:
The latest version of Better Blogs that released tonight broke Privacy Usergroups. I cannot access the index. So I disabled this modification, which wasn't even working with those addons as I had intitially paid for.

This is the error:

Fatal error: Access level to Waindigo_PrivacyGroups_Extend_XfAddOns_Blogs_Model_Blog::allowedByPrivacyOptions() must be protected (as in class XfAddOns_Blogs_Model_Blog) or weaker in /home/blah/public_html/library/Waindigo/PrivacyGroups/Extend/XfAddOns/Blogs/Model/Blog.php on line 4

Since you have ignored both my private message and thread reply about the previous issue I posted above, I asked for a refund yesterday and you ignored that too. I paid for the addition of Better Blogs and XenGallery to this addon because not just me but everyone else who has those addons can benefit from it too. If you can't fix these issues at the moment can you at least say so in the thread or PM instead of ignoring me because that's money I could've spent on another addon. If I don't hear anything back from you by tomorrow I will do a paypal chargeback due to no response. I regret even asking you to add these modifications to your addon, sorry for the inconvenience. You are obviously very busy. I am not even mad btw I just don't have time for this. If I want to get ignored after paying for something I could've hit up a snobby night club.
I think I can help you with that

Open library/Waindigo/PrivacyGroups/Extend/XfAddOns/Blogs/Model/Blog.php

And change this
Code:
private function allowedByPrivacyOptions(array $blog, array $blogPermissions)

To this
Code:
protected function allowedByPrivacyOptions(array $blog, array $blogPermissions)

And this
Code:
private function getSelectOptions($fetchOptions)

To this
Code:
protected function getSelectOptions($fetchOptions)

I really don't know how it could be working before, you can't really override private methods (that is not how inheritance works) :) I changed my method signatures to protected so it would be more "add-on extension" friendly in the future.

Try that change. I am not guaranteeing that the functionality of Privacy will work, but at least it will not throw that error :)

Top Bottom