[TH] Post Titles [Deleted]

Jon, appreciate all the contributions...

Just a small suggestion though, in regards to the majority of your add-ons.

Is it possible to add some screens to some of your modifications? I can read, and understand what is going on. Sometimes though, a visual would be really helpful. I have no idea where this lines up, no idea what the sidebar looks like, etc. This or other modifications I might be interested in installing at XFUniverse, but again, I am not entirely sure what I am getting into upon installing these.

Even after the screenshots, I still have no idea what this is about.
The addon add a feature that existed in vBulletin:
add titles to posts. plus ability to list all title posts in the sidebar.
in my site I'm using this to publish , very long texts, books, long articles. etc...
posts are in the reality sections or chapters.
the widget navigation helps organize and indexes those sections.

Jon, with this addon installed, an import of a VB4 forum into a current XF forum errors with the below
Code:
Server Error

Mysqli statement execute error : Incorrect integer value: '' for column 'allow_post_titles_waindigo' at row 1

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 574
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1624
XenForo_DataWriter->_insert() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1613
XenForo_DataWriter->_save() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1405
XenForo_DataWriter->save() in XenForo/Model/Import.php at line 599
XenForo_Model_Import->_importData() in XenForo/Model/Import.php at line 1253
XenForo_Model_Import->importForum() in XenForo/Importer/vBulletin.php at line 1999
XenForo_Importer_vBulletin->_importForumTree() in XenForo/Importer/vBulletin.php at line 2018
XenForo_Importer_vBulletin->_importForumTree() in XenForo/Importer/vBulletin.php at line 1951
XenForo_Importer_vBulletin->stepForums() in XenForo/Importer/Abstract.php at line 97
XenForo_Importer_Abstract->runStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 187
XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_runStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 239
XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_startStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 182
XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->actionStartStep() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/matarmatar/public_html/admin.php at line 13

Hi

I'm using 1.5.2 and i installed your plug in how ever the post title is not showing above the post. I have box above the post box for a title but nothing appears when i put post title in

Oh, thank you for the suggestion! I was trying to see if there was another similar addon out there but didn't find that one. I'll install it and try it out, but I'd also have interest in seeing how your addon works as well.

Threadmarks can be used as a replacement, but there isn't a vb3/vb4 importer for it. I may publish my version which adds a lot more functionality if there is interest.
Yes Xon, I would be interested in adding a title to a single post in Xenforo.
I migrated from vB 3.8 and some users are missing this feature.
Thanks in any case.

In case anyone still cares about this add-on: for me, installation works on XF 1.5.

You have to allow post titles in the admin node tree manually for each forum to make this add-on work (see screenshot).
By default post titles are not allowed, nevertheless there is always a "Post title..." field in the quick reply, which is a confusing bug. To fix the bug, go to template quick_reply, view and manually apply template modifications, then add the following lines in red:

Rich (BB code):
<xen:if is="{$forum.allow_post_titles_waindigo}">
<div class="fullWidth">
	<input type="text" name="post_title" class="textCtrl titleCtrl" id="ctrl_post_title" maxlength="100" placeholder="{xen:phrase waindigo_post_title_ellipses_posttitles}" />
</div>
</xen:if>

I'm not very happy that post titles are always shown in the sidebar in thread view. However, this can be changed by editing template waindigo_thread_view_posttitles (remove <xen:sidebar>).

The default look of the post title is muted like in vb (see screenshot), which is a good reason not to use post titles at all. If titles are used, they should be bold and the first thing to notice. So I changed the appearance in template waindigo_message_posttitles:

Code:
<xen:require css="waindigo_message_posttitles.css" />

<xen:if is="{$message.post_title}">
    <h2 class="messageText postTitle postTitle-{$post.post_id}">{$message.post_title}</h2>
</xen:if>

waindigo_message_posttitles.css is not there by default (I could've used EXTRA.css instead, but... yeah). My CSS:

Code:
.messageText.postTitle {
  font-weight: bold;
  padding: 8px;
}

MattW reported a compatibility problem when running a vb4 import. I haven't tested this yet. I was hoping for a vb3/4 title importer but the add-on does not include one. This means the default vb-to-xf importer will be used, which converts post titles to [B]$postTitle[/B] as first line of the post.

Attachments

• allow-post-title.webp
    allow-post-title.webp
    40.1 KB · Views: 10
  • post-title.webp
    post-title.webp
    1.4 KB · Views: 10
  • post-title-bold.webp
    post-title-bold.webp
    1.6 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Top Bottom