[TH] Post Comments [Deleted]

wang

wang submitted a new resource:

Post comments - Comment or discuss messages.

About this add-on
This add-on is designed to add a comment system for your members to discuss messages. Comments can be moderated for groups and they can be limited to forums. Comments are disabled in closed topics and forums where posting is disabled. Staff members will not be affected by this.

Features
  • Alerts. Members will receive an alert when someone posts a comment on one of their messages.
  • Anonymous comments. Members can post comments...

Read more about this resource...

This add on worked exactly like I wanted. But I do not understand why you are selling it for 10 euro when I paid you much more to code this for me?????

This add on worked exactly like I wanted. But I do not understand why you are selling it for 10 euro when I paid you much more to code this for me?????

There is a difference between coding something requested first by someone, and selling something. I will explain myself a little further, when you approached me first to code an add on that would add comments on posts, we had an agreement. Which was that I would code that add on for you, with all the features that you wanted for a certain price. And that price was based on my calculations on the time and work that it was required for me in order to code it.. And all the right to the code was mine afterwards. We agreed to all that beforehand.

That the add is sold at a lower price, is a matter of its worth and value that it has in the market. A value that I see fit for that price.

one suggestion for this, make post comment with color background

Thank you for your suggestion. Can you please tell me what did you mean with the color bacground? The background of the place where the comments are displayed on messages? Can you please post here a screen in case I misunderstood you rsuggestion?

There is a difference between coding something requested first by someone, and selling something. I will explain myself a little further, when you approached me first to code an add on that would add comments on posts, we had an agreement. Which was that I would code that add on for you, with all the features that you wanted for a certain price. And that price was based on my calculations on the time and work that it was required for me in order to code it.. And all the right to the code was mine afterwards. We agreed to all that beforehand.
Ouch, you're selling the exact same code because you said you have a right to the code?

That the add is sold at a lower price, is a matter of its worth and value that it has in the market. A value that I see fit for that price.

Thank you for your suggestion. Can you please tell me what did you mean with the color bacground? The background of the place where the comments are displayed on messages? Can you please post here a screen in case I misunderstood you rsuggestion?
Yes/The background of the place where the comments are displayed on messages?

Ouch, you're selling the exact same code because you said you have a right to the code?

What I am selling is my code. I was approached by Kelvin who asked me if I could write a post comment add on for him. And in our agreement, all the rights to the mod was mine, and I was to sell it afterwards.

Yes/The background of the place where the comments are displayed on messages?

Yes, that can be changed very easily with a small edit to a template.

Last edited:

I know. You are right Wang. I did not mean to complain.

What I am selling is my code. I was approached by Kelvin who asked me if I could write a post comment add on for him. And in our agreement, all the rights to the mod was mine, and I was to sell it afterwards.

Yes, that can be changed very easily with a small edit to a template.
after you do that i will buy it

This can be done using CSS I think

Yes, that is correct.

i thinkin something like this https://xenforo.com/community/resources/sos-bb-codes.2952/ when ask for background, but nevermind.

I wish you had mentioned this in your previous messages. You said only that you wanted to change the background color of the comments. And that can be done in the updated version of the add on. You can add whatever look you wanted to the posts background simply by entering the desired code in the Background Color option. I did enter an example code from the add on that you linked above and here is the result.

example.webp

@wang slight suggestion, take advantage of style properties. Having the color option in the ACP could be a slight annoyance for people running light/dark styles at the same time.

Yes, that is correct.

I wish you had mentioned this in your previous messages. You said only that you wanted to change the background color of the comments. And that can be done in the updated version of the add on. You can add whatever look you wanted to the posts background simply by entering the desired code in the Background Color option. I did enter an example code from the add on that you linked above and here is the result.

View attachment 123419
Nevermind maybe in future update, like i said so will be purchased in couple days, when start new site!!

@wang slight suggestion, take advantage of style properties. Having the color option in the ACP could be a slight annoyance for people running light/dark styles at the same time.

I had not thought of that. I agree that it would make for a better place there. I will change it in the upcoming version. Thank you for your suggestion sir.

its due to the template mod not working, post ratings replaces it with

<xen:hook name="dark_postrating_likes_bar" params="{xen:array 'post={$message}','message_id={$messageId}'}" />

Top Bottom