[TH] Post Comments [Deleted]

There is still the problem with the addon post-ratings. The comments are not shown.
And i have to moderate comments. Where can i switch this off, please?

Hello @Robert9, be sure your permissions are set to allow users to post comments. See the picture below to see what the permissions look like on the administrative panel. If you continue to have issues, create a ticket so we can look deeper into the issue.

Attachments

• 1groupspermission.webp
    1groupspermission.webp
    37.1 KB · Views: 13
Owners of this add on, do you find it gets much use?

How do you feel it impacts the flow of discussion?

Do you recommend it to help increase activity?

Any other thoughts?

Suggestion: inline reload of comments, so that new comments appear on the same page without refresh.

This would allow us to use this addon for AMA events. Similar to how Reddit has AMA (Ask Me Anything) sessions. And also similar to how comments appear on page on Facebook.

Was this ever added?

Are comments saved in the xf_post table and/or searchable together with posts?

in case of uninstall comments will be converted to posts or lost?

They will be lost.

Is it still the case that comments won't show up in search results and all comments will be deleted if uninstalled?

No, I am not using it. Wang is gone. Themehouse has many of their addons dead in the water as they just have too many addons to actively develop. Let alone upgrade to XF2. It doesn't seem safe to me to let the community generate a lot of content, letting the community get accustomed to it and then risking to loose it later on.

Hello @Robert9, be sure your permissions are set to allow users to post comments. See the picture below to see what the permissions look like on the administrative panel. If you continue to have issues, create a ticket so we can look deeper into the issue.

Yes, shure, and a number or unlimited for time/number of.

I have checked the rights for admin, and everything is there.
But i still have to moderate.

Do you think about an update with functions like Briv ium? Unfortunately i have bought their addon, too, but there are faults in the CSS i really dont like to correct.

Oh, and for shure you should find a solution to the rate addon, because it is a must for every board, i think.

1groupspermission.webp

I have tried this. I have changed Post per day and time to unlimited. I have changed own post only to no.
But again, admin has to modertate his own post.

You may try to use only admin and no other rights.

And i miss the option: canview

Maybe you want them all to write (only for stuff maybe)

In
faqe_display_post_comments

you have set

<ol class="messageSimpleList CommentPostList">
<xen:if is="{$post.comment_count} > {$xenOptions.latest_comments}">

This means that
<ol class="messageSimpleList CommentPostList">...</ol>
is always in the source of every post.

Small thing, but not needed, especially because of

ol.messageSimpleList with margin-top

----------------------------------------------
I have tried your addon in another testboard and again i have to moderate all posts.
What can i do to work this out? Deactivate all other addons? Is it possible that the options from another addon can disturb your addon?

Next problem:

I have four comments to moderate. I check them all (there is no js to do this! How should i survice with 100 comments in a day?!)
Then i send. One comment is set, three are still moderated. I check them all. And again two are left. I check two and get one left.

I try the same with delete instead appove and got the same problem. Only one comment is used instead of all.

We have two small things to optimize, please.
The <ol> should not be there without comments.
The checkboxes should be clicked all by JS

And two strange things:
All comments are moderated always
I can moderate only one comment from two or more.

Is their anyway site members who post a comment on a thread can receive and update/alert when somebody else also makes a comment on that same post. I know the original poster gets an notification when people comment but the other members who made a comment on that post do not.

The original poster is saved in the post, the last one changing is known also. But others are probably not saved.

To complete the addon you would need:

1. save version with autor
2. a way to change the version / revisionsystem
3. alert to all in the list plus autor of first version and the one who changed last
4. number of posts that should be changeable (0-n, all)

- more ideas, problems?

Question:Having a subscription for a thread means to be alerted when a mod changes a post? Or only when having a new post? Then maybe the alert function could be changed for chaning also to have this not only for this addon.

Last edited:
So, if I understand correctly, the guy who made this add-on is gone, so, why would I pay $15 to have it installed if there's no one there to install it? I did install it myself, but there are no instructions whatsoever. All comments have to be moderated; I don't want any to have to be moderated. When I'm logged in as Admin, I can't approve any of the comments. I try, but when I click submit, nothing happens. Pretty frustrating. I could care less about wasting $10, I'd just like the thing to work as advertised.

So, if I understand correctly, the guy who made this add-on is gone, so, why would I pay $15 to have it installed if there's no one there to install it? I did install it myself, but there are no instructions whatsoever. All comments have to be moderated; I don't want any to have to be moderated. When I'm logged in as Admin, I can't approve any of the comments. I try, but when I click submit, nothing happens. Pretty frustrating. I could care less about wasting $10, I'd just like the thing to work as advertised.
When you're trying to approve comments, are you approving them in the moderators panel instead of the administrative panel? Also, what are your permissions set at exactly? Be sure that your permissions are set like the picture I have included with this post. That should fix the issue with you having to approve every comment.
PostCommentUserGroupPerm.webp

It's weird...here's how I have the comments set for Registered Users. They are saying that they can see the Comments #, that is, how many comments there are, but they can't get to the comments themselves.

upload_2017-5-26_22-31-34.webp

Wouldn't this be correct? Allowing all the User Permissions, but not allowing Moderator Permissions? For Moderators and Admin, I have all of the options set to Allow.

It's weird...here's how I have the comments set for Registered Users. They are saying that they can see the Comments #, that is, how many comments there are, but they can't get to the comments themselves.

View attachment 152865

Wouldn't this be correct? Allowing all the User Permissions, but not allowing Moderator Permissions? For Moderators and Admin, I have all of the options set to Allow.
That is weird, as they should be able to view them on thread posts they commented on. Along with seeing how many comments are on that specific post. If they continue having issues, have them take a snapshot so that we can take a look into it further.

Thanks. I got it figured out. It really is a bit confusing. What I did was go to Test Permissions and I selected a registered user, and then looked to see from that perspective. Then when it didn't work properly, I went back in, made an adjustment, tested it again, and again, until I finally got the right combo.

Thanks. I got it figured out. It really is a bit confusing. What I did was go to Test Permissions and I selected a registered user, and then looked to see from that perspective. Then when it didn't work properly, I went back in, made an adjustment, tested it again, and again, until I finally got the right combo.
Oh outstanding! If you have any other issues please let us know.

Installed with XF 1.5.14; when adding a new comment there is some html inside the form. After sending nothing happens. There are no errors in the log.

Top Bottom