[TH] Post Comments [Deleted]

The limit is 4 comments right? Any reason why? Any way to have more?
That is correct and we have no plans to extend it right now.

Hello again,

I recently merged two threads on our live site and found that the posts were not sorted correctly in chronological order. This addon seemed to be the most likely culprit. So, I went to my local dev site and with this addon enabled merged two threads and also got posts out of order. I disabled the addon and did another merge and the posts were sorted correctly.

Would you mind seeing if you can duplicate this issue?
Surely, I'll see if I am able to replicate this or not. I will update you thereafter :)

Hello again,

I recently merged two threads on our live site and found that the posts were not sorted correctly in chronological order. This addon seemed to be the most likely culprit. So, I went to my local dev site and with this addon enabled merged two threads and also got posts out of order. I disabled the addon and did another merge and the posts were sorted correctly.

Would you mind seeing if you can duplicate this issue?
Hi hi, I'm not ThemeHouse but have you tried rebuilding the post cache?

The limit is 4 comments right? Any reason why? Any way to have more?
This upper limit is hard coded in the product. You can find it here in your local path: src/addons/ThemeHouse/PostComments/_data/options.xml. It will make your AdminCP red though but it works just fine if you change it.

@Jake B. @Lukas W. I am also at the same forum that @MarkFL wrote about just above and the add-on is wonderful but alerts are a must for this. Users already do not like the add on because they feel ignored and that no one likes their comments, but they just aren't being noted and added to the alert queue. I made a ticket at TH. Please help!

Hi hi, I'm not ThemeHouse but have you tried rebuilding the post cache?

We used the "Rebuild threads" tool to correct the resulting issue for the merge I mentioned, but would prefer not to have to do this each time threads are merged.

This upper limit is hard coded in the product. You can find it here in your local path: src/addons/ThemeHouse/PostComments/_data/options.xml. It will make your AdminCP red though but it works just fine if you change it.

@Jake B. @Lukas W. I am also at the same forum that @MarkFL wrote about just above and the add-on is wonderful but alerts are a must for this. Users already do not like the add on because they feel ignored and that no one likes their comments, but they just aren't being noted and added to the alert queue. I made a ticket at TH. Please help!
I +1 this. I did not realize the comments were not in the alerts. That makes a few complaints we've recently had make more sense. Users do not expect a comment to be treated differently than a normal post v/v alerts. Other than that everyone adores this feature! Thanks.

I +1 this. I did not realize the comments were not in the alerts. That makes a few complaints we've recently had make more sense. Users do not expect a comment to be treated differently than a normal post v/v alerts. Other than that everyone adores this feature! Thanks.
We're glad to hear your users are adoring this add-on although as far as comments being shown within alerts, I'd have to check with our team to see if this is something we plan on adding. I'll update this post once I hear back! :)

Also, thank you so much for your review on this product! 🎉

@Dalton Prock @XenSoluce

Not sure if anyone wants to try to resolve it, but there's a conflict with this addon and [Liam W.] Post Macros, one has to be disabled for the other to work:

• Error: Call to a member function last() on array
  • src/addons/LiamW/PostMacros/XF/Pub/Controller/Thread.php:20

Stack trace​

#0 src/addons/KL/EditorManager/XF/Pub/Controller/Thread.php(27): LiamW\PostMacros\XF\Pub\Controller\Thread->actionAddReply()
#1 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(321): KL\EditorManager\XF\Pub\Controller\Thread->actionAddReply()
#2 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(244): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass()
#3 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(100): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch()
#4 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(50): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop()
#5 src/XF/App.php(2178): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#6 src/XF.php(390): XF\App->run()
#7 index.php(20): XF::runApp()
#8 {main}

Request state​

array(4) {
["url"] => string(41) "/threads/testing-comments.88162/add-reply"
["referrer"] => string(53) "/threads/testing-comments.88162/"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(11) {
["message_html"] => string(14) "<p>testing</p>"
["attachment_hash"] => string(32) "0ce3053fe54c3d2943961f6df653d898"
["attachment_hash_combined"] => string(87) "{"type":"post","context":{"thread_id":88162},"hash":"0ce3053fe54c3d2943961f6df653d898"}"
["scheduled"] => array(1) {
["posting_date"] => string(0) ""
}
["last_date"] => string(10) "1600366596"
["last_known_date"] => string(10) "1600366567"
["klPage"] => string(0) ""
["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
["_xfRequestUri"] => string(32) "/threads/testing-comments.88162/"
["_xfWithData"] => string(1) "1"
["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"

@Dalton Prock @Xon

Here's another one for you, something going on with Xon's Report Improvements addon. Strangely, these errors are generated even with Post Comments disabled:

Server error log
  • Error: Call to undefined method SV\ReportImprovements\XF\Entity\Thread::rebuildThPostCommentsCounters()
  • src/addons/ThemeHouse/PostComments/Job/RebuildCounters.php:46

Stack trace​

#0 src/XF/Job/AbstractRebuildJob.php(47): ThemeHouse\PostComments\Job\RebuildCounters->rebuildById()
#1 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(253): XF\Job\AbstractRebuildJob->run()
#2 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(195): XF\Job\Manager->runJobInternal()
#3 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(79): XF\Job\Manager->runJobEntry()
#4 job.php(42): XF\Job\Manager->runQueue()
#5 {main}

Request state​

array(4) {
["url"] => string(8) "/job.php"
["referrer"] => string(31) "/admin.php"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

@Dalton Prock @XenSoluce

Not sure if anyone wants to try to resolve it, but there's a conflict with this addon and [Liam W.] Post Macros, one has to be disabled for the other to work:

• Error: Call to a member function last() on array
  • src/addons/LiamW/PostMacros/XF/Pub/Controller/Thread.php:20

Stack trace​

#0 src/addons/KL/EditorManager/XF/Pub/Controller/Thread.php(27): LiamW\PostMacros\XF\Pub\Controller\Thread->actionAddReply()
#1 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(321): KL\EditorManager\XF\Pub\Controller\Thread->actionAddReply()
#2 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(244): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass()
#3 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(100): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch()
#4 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(50): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop()
#5 src/XF/App.php(2178): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#6 src/XF.php(390): XF\App->run()
#7 index.php(20): XF::runApp()
#8 {main}

Request state​

array(4) {
["url"] => string(41) "/threads/testing-comments.88162/add-reply"
["referrer"] => string(53) "/threads/testing-comments.88162/"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(11) {
["message_html"] => string(14) "<p>testing</p>"
["attachment_hash"] => string(32) "0ce3053fe54c3d2943961f6df653d898"
["attachment_hash_combined"] => string(87) "{"type":"post","context":{"thread_id":88162},"hash":"0ce3053fe54c3d2943961f6df653d898"}"
["scheduled"] => array(1) {
["posting_date"] => string(0) ""
}
["last_date"] => string(10) "1600366596"
["last_known_date"] => string(10) "1600366567"
["klPage"] => string(0) ""
["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
["_xfRequestUri"] => string(32) "/threads/testing-comments.88162/"
["_xfWithData"] => string(1) "1"
["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"

Thanks to @XenSoluce for resolving this one.

This add-on will not receive an update for XenForo 2.2. We're currently preparing to phase it out of its life cycle and will have more updates for you soon.

For anyone who wishes to fully migrate away, after uninstalling Post Comments, navigate to ACP > Tools > Data maintenance > Rebuild caches and run the "Rebuild threads" job with "Rebuild positions and post counters" selected. This will reorder all your comments into a normal thread structure based on post date.

Is this still done with a big change of post_table?
I really dream about to have the easy and small addon from xf1 back.
It was the only addon like this with that special feature to write hidden messages to a post autor with use a private conversation.
It was perfect for many scenaries. And with some custom programing it had also a list of received/send comments for every user.
When i tried this version here i was shocked how much you manpipulate the machine (as i remember).

I can not find it in your site.
As per the above response by one of our developers, Lukas:

This add-on will not receive an update for XenForo 2.2. We're currently preparing to phase it out of its life cycle and will have more updates for you soon.

For anyone who wishes to fully migrate away, after uninstalling Post Comments, navigate to ACP > Tools > Data maintenance > Rebuild caches and run the "Rebuild threads" job with "Rebuild positions and post counters" selected. This will reorder all your comments into a normal thread structure based on post date.

The add-on will no longer be able to be purchased on our site as it has been marked as "Unmaintained".

Big and exciting changes are coming as we adjust our trajectory, just know that we’ll be with you every step of the way. Take a look at our announcement here for more information. If you have any questions, please contact us here so we can assist.

Top Bottom