[TH] Post Comments [Deleted]

Awesome. Thank you.
Can you simply provide the solution?
The link you provided requires an account to follow the conclusion of it.
I am not able to include a solution for this issue at this time. But it is part of one of our future releases.

I'm sorry, I can't figure out how to get this to work.

I tried on your demo site and also my own site, but can't get it working on either.

The addon is installed, I set Max and Hide depths as 3 for both, enabled both options, "Replace reply and multi-quote links" and "Enable multi-quote for comments "

I then go to an existing thread and don't see anything new. I post a reply and it shows up as a normal reply.

Are there other settings? I don't see any usergroup or node setting. What am I doing wrong?

I'm sorry, I can't figure out how to get this to work.

I tried on your demo site and also my own site, but can't get it working on either.

The addon is installed, I set Max and Hide depths as 3 for both, enabled both options, "Replace reply and multi-quote links" and "Enable multi-quote for comments "

I then go to an existing thread and don't see anything new. I post a reply and it shows up as a normal reply.

Are there other settings? I don't see any usergroup or node setting. What am I doing wrong?
Do all of your user groups have the permission to post a comment enabled? As mentioned here in our documentation.

An issue was made and it was added to a future milestone. No ETA on when a release will be sent out though.
I'm sorry but TH is nothing like the year past. The focus seems to be elsewhere, likely where money is made rather than supporting products already created. I've been a UI.X user since I moved to XF years ago and it's a very different experience across multiple products with TH now. Very disappointing.

An issue was made and it was added to a future milestone. No ETA on when a release will be sent out though.

You aknowledged the bug on August 22, 2019. Let's see how long it takes to be fixed.
The same kind of stuff is happening with other TH addons (see Xpress for example), I totally agree with @dknife that it takes ages to fix the bugs.

I might be interessted in this addon, but have some questions:
  1. How does it integrate with the "What's new" stream of Xenforo?
  2. Does it work with Tapatalk. How are the comments displayed?
  3. Is it possible to move a posting to a comment or a comment back to a normal posting?
Thanks!

I might be interessted in this addon, but have some questions:
  1. How does it integrate with the "What's new" stream of Xenforo?
  2. Does it work with Tapatalk. How are the comments displayed?
  3. Is it possible to move a posting to a comment or a comment back to a normal posting?
Thanks!
Hello there, I'd be glad to answer these questions for ya.

How does it integrate with the "What's new" stream of Xenforo?
So when a user leaves a new comment (just like leaving a new post) it will show up under the "New Posts" section of What's New. As far as it working within other sections of the What's New page, I'd have to check with our developers on that.
Does it work with Tapatalk. How are the comments displayed?
We haven't had any issues reported from others using Tapatalk and Post Comments together. But if you experience any issues do let us know!
Is it possible to move a posting to a comment or a comment back to a normal posting?
You mean manually turning a post into a post comment? No, the only way of making comments posts again would be to disable the add-on. But if you enable the add-on again, it would make them those that were post comments, comments again.

For me the most important function of this addon from XF1 is still missing.
I use hidden comments to communicate with the autor of a post. This is much easier than sending a private message with a link to the post or private message with copy of post. Short infos, questions, hints, just a click away.

Please add this function into the addon again, maybe this time as an option for every single post.

option - hidden as standard, as option, none
ugp - can write comment hidden

With this there is one problem or one solution - a point of view - with hidden comment the autor can answer with own comment to the admin (because admin can see all comments), but not to a normal user (<= problem or solution =>) just in this case the autor should start a private conversation instead of using more comments.

For starting a coversation it would be nice to start a private conversation (with link or text of comment or both) like in the addon from Andy B (start conversation from post).

ThemeHouse updated [TH] Post Comments with a new update entry:

Version 1.0.2 Patch Level 2 released!

Changes:
  • Resolved a styling issue in conjunction with the [TH] Ui.X add-on.
  • Last thread post information is no longer built on comments, but only on primary posts.
  • Threads are no longer staying marked as unread until all pages have been opened.
  • Quote and multiquote options are no longer being hidden from posts, if the user does not have the "Can comment on post" permission.
  • Resolved an "Illegal string offset 'children'" template issue.

Read the rest of this update entry...

You mean manually turning a post into a post comment? No, the only way of making comments posts again would be to disable the add-on. But if you enable the add-on again, it would make them those that were post comments, comments again.

Based on this and a previous message, I'm under the assumption that when the addon is disabled, the inline comments become normal posts in the thread. Those posts will not have any quotation and will simply appear as normal posts in a thread.

Secondly, those posts will appear chronologically out of order, comments will still be nested below the post they are responding inline to.

Thirdly, to fix this the 'rebuild threads' must be executed and this will bring them back into chronological order.

Lastly, when the addon is enabled again, you stated they will turn into comments again.

I have verified this and have also found that when disabling the addon again, the comments are not out of order anymore, they are in the correct chonological order. I presume, that the "Rebuild threads - Rebuild position and post counters" option must only be ran on a comment once after the addon has been disabled. And at that time it acquires the necessary value in order to be in the correct position when the addon is disabled ma second time.

I presume when the addon is removed all of the inline connections are lost? Is there a way to back this up in case something needs removed etc?

Disabling the add-on will indeed turn all comments into posts. If I remember correctly, we're queueing a thread rebuild automatically in that case so they're returned to their chronological order. Once enabled again and with another thread rebuild run, the preserved nesting information is used to return them to their comment state.
As with all add-ons, uninstalling will result into a permanent loss of data, in this case the nesting information. So oncr you uninstall post comments, you won't be able to turn posts into comments again.

Top Bottom