[TH] Post Comments [Deleted]

I just purchased this add-on. I have my "Max Depth" set to 1 and I see that a "Comment" link still appears in comments. Clicking on the link doesn't do anything but it would be great if the link didn't show at all.

I just purchased this add-on. I have my "Max Depth" set to 1 and I see that a "Comment" link still appears in comments. Clicking on the link doesn't do anything but it would be great if the link didn't show at all.

View attachment 197961

View attachment 197961
Able to replicate this myself, I'll go ahead and report it in our GitHub Issue Tracker.

I am definitely seeing the same problem @Eagle was seeing with pagination. I've seen it on multiple threads.

Here's how I've been able to recreate:

(assume your pagination is 20 posts per page)

Create a thread with multiple pages of content (let's say 5).
On the last page (page 5), create exactly 20 posts (ie. so that any new post would be on a new page)
Go back to a previous page and make a comment

You'll see that there are now "6" pages in the navigation but there's no way to navigate to page 6.

What's even worse is that on really big threads, this seems to trap the navigation as there's not even a way to view new posts in the the thread.

I am able to attribute this to this plugin because when I disable the plugin, everything works as expected.

I am happy to work with the author to demonstrate the problem on my board specifically. PM me if interested.

I am definitely seeing the same problem @Eagle was seeing with pagination. I've seen it on multiple threads.

Here's how I've been able to recreate:

(assume your pagination is 20 posts per page)

Create a thread with multiple pages of content (let's say 5).
On the last page (page 5), create exactly 20 posts (ie. so that any new post would be on a new page)
Go back to a previous page and make a comment

You'll see that there are now "6" pages in the navigation but there's no way to navigate to page 6.

What's even worse is that on really big threads, this seems to trap the navigation as there's not even a way to view new posts in the the thread.

I am able to attribute this to this plugin because when I disable the plugin, everything works as expected.

I am happy to work with the author to demonstrate the problem on my board specifically. PM me if interested.
@Dalton Prock Hi, is there any update on this?
Still no response.

I spent $35 on this plug-in that causes threads to become unnavigable.
Apologies for the late reply, I've started a private conversation with you to gather more information on this issue that you're experiencing.

1. There where severall comment addons for xf1, but you had the one with hidden comments, so only the owner of the commented post could read the comments under his post. Is this function also here added?
2. Can i import all the old addons to this one?
3. Because it was missing we added a page for everone to see his sent and fetched comments; this is maybe also done for this addon?

FYI to anyone thinking of buying this add-on and that read my complaint from earlier. The developers of this add-on contacted me and asked me to test a beta version of the add-on that should hopefully fix the problem. I've installed the beta and it's currently being tested on my board. So far so good. (y)

A question for the developers: Here is what the add-on currently looks like on my board

I have put together a (very crude) Photoshop of what I would like the layout to look like:

How difficult would it be to do this myself? Which template would I have to change?

THanks!

Getting a bunch of these since most recent update even with plugin disable or uninstalled,

Code:
Error: Call to undefined method SV\UserEssentials\XF\Entity\Thread::rebuildThPostCommentsCounters() src/addons/ThemeHouse/PostComments/Job/RebuildCounters.php:37
Generated by: Unknown account Apr 19, 2019 at 3:13 PM
Stack trace
#0 src/XF/Job/AbstractRebuildJob.php(47): ThemeHouse\PostComments\Job\RebuildCounters->rebuildById(2106)
#1 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(253): XF\Job\AbstractRebuildJob->run(G)
#2 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(195): XF\Job\Manager->runJobInternal(Array, G)
#3 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(79): XF\Job\Manager->runJobEntry(Array, G)
#4 job.php(42): XF\Job\Manager->runQueue(false, 8)
#5 {main}

Getting a bunch of these since most recent update even with plugin disable or uninstalled,

Code:
Error: Call to undefined method SV\UserEssentials\XF\Entity\Thread::rebuildThPostCommentsCounters() src/addons/ThemeHouse/PostComments/Job/RebuildCounters.php:37
Generated by: Unknown account Apr 19, 2019 at 3:13 PM
Stack trace
#0 src/XF/Job/AbstractRebuildJob.php(47): ThemeHouse\PostComments\Job\RebuildCounters->rebuildById(2106)
#1 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(253): XF\Job\AbstractRebuildJob->run(G)
#2 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(195): XF\Job\Manager->runJobInternal(Array, G)
#3 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(79): XF\Job\Manager->runJobEntry(Array, G)
#4 job.php(42): XF\Job\Manager->runQueue(false, 8)
#5 {main}

Check your xf_job table in phpMyAdmin, disabling an add-on unfortunately won't remove any queued jobs associated with it

this is a good plugin, but i stopped using it because when the threads get large, most people fail to goto page 2 or 3 and just stay on the 1st and keep expanding older comments.

I believe I found an issue with the plugin, as this only happens on posts with comments.

Steps to reproduce:

• Comment on a post
  • Click "Edit" on the post you commented on (not the comment itself)
  • Make an edit and click "Save"

Expected: the edits should be saved without a problem

Actual: error message saying "Oops, there was a problem...." pops up.

If you refresh the page, the edits actually are saved but (obviously) the error message shouldn't pop up.

I believe I found an issue with the plugin, as this only happens on posts with comments.

Steps to reproduce:

• Comment on a post
  • Click "Edit" on the post you commented on (not the comment itself)
  • Make an edit and click "Save"

Expected: the edits should be saved without a problem

Actual: error message saying "Oops, there was a problem...." pops up.

If you refresh the page, the edits actually are saved but (obviously) the error message shouldn't pop up.
Gonna look into this now and report it on our issue tracker.

Top Bottom