[TH] Post Comments [Deleted]

OK, so you "evil" developers at ThemeHouse are creating too many good add-ons and sucking up all my money. 😁 Great work! Loving the Flare theme, by the way, and the TH add-ons have been very helpful for my customizations.

Glad to hear! 😄

But anyway, I have two questions that might help me decide if I need to buy this add-on.
First, does commenting in any way "bump" a thread? We are working on a specific forum in our board where replies will be turned off, and don't want comments to bump up the thread in anyway. (This was a problem that turning off replies is going to cure for us.)

It actually does not. Thread read state is handled by last reply date in XenForo, which in turn comes from the last (main) post.

And second, as for comments, do I understand it properly that if I set this to "0":

View attachment 221619

...that we will get only a comment(s) link at the bottom of the post? Where would that appear? Does anyone have a screenshot of what this might look like? I'm looking to keep clutter to a minimum.

You'll find a link at the bottom of the post that points out how many comments there are.
o1yO6tX.png

I wonder if there is a way I could limit comments to only the first post in the thread. I suppose I could do that with a template modification that added a conditional around the Comment link at the bottom? Doesn't seem to hard to do.

I wonder if there is a way I could limit comments to only the first post in the thread. I suppose I could do that with a template modification that added a conditional around the Comment link at the bottom? Doesn't seem to hard to do.
It's not built in unfortunately. You could alter the template modifications to prevent the reply form and comments from being displayed for anything but the first post, but tech savvy users could theoretically still create comments for other posts by posting to the respective endpoints directly.

... but tech savvy users could theoretically still create comments for other posts by posting to the respective endpoints directly.
I doubt anyone who visits these forums would bother, or have the knowledge to be able to do that. The only replies we are allowing are "bumps" and I only wanted to keep all the comments under the main post. I think a couple of conditionals would probably take care of what we need. 👍

I'm not sure that's true and this plugin actually breaks updating Unread state as well, as I reported almost a year ago and hasn't been fixed yet.

That issue is closed and labelled as fixed in 1.0.6 Patch Level 2, which was released on October 16th last year. If you're still having issues with that I'd recommend creating a ticket so we can look into your issue specifically as that one was marked resolved

That issue is closed and labelled as fixed in 1.0.6 Patch Level 2, which was released on October 16th last year. If you're still having issues with that I'd recommend creating a ticket so we can look into your issue specifically as that one was marked resolved
Ah so it is, I must have missed that notification. My apologies, and thanks.

I'm having a few issues myself. I'll open a ticket. If one of the behaviors can't be changed, I will have to uninstall it.

One modification I made was to move the "Comments X" link from beneath the post content to the Reactions bar, so it's not so buried. Now I just need to remove the one beneath the post content.

Is anyone else having issues with receiving alerts when someone posts a comment? I have no errors indicating that there's a problem. I have Alert Improvements by Xon intsalled and wondering if maybe there's some conflict.

Hello here,

This add-on is fully compatible with this:

And i do use Alerts Improvements from Xon too. Anybody having issues?

Question -- I like this as an idea, but I know some users won't. Is there a way for a user to decide whether to view threads in 'threaded' mode or the old 'flat' mode?

Question -- I like this as an idea, but I know some users won't. Is there a way for a user to decide whether to view threads in 'threaded' mode or the old 'flat' mode?

There's not. The add-on changes the order of nested posts to match the parent, so the original order cannot be reconstructed on demand (it can be reconstructed on add-on uninstall though, so you can revert back if need be, but it's a larger undertaking time-wise).

There's not. The add-on changes the order of nested posts to match the parent, so the original order cannot be reconstructed on demand (it can be reconstructed on add-on uninstall though, so you can revert back if need be, but it's a larger undertaking time-wise).
Darnit. Thanks for the reply!

Are the alerts working without the Alert Improvements add-on?

Hello!

I help admin a forum (running XF 2.1.9) on which the owner recently purchased version 1.0.2 Patch Level 2 of this addon, and after some very minor CSS changes our community is enjoying the added features very much. The only "complaint" I have seen come up in discussion with other members of our staff is that when a comment is made on one of our posts, we get no notification. So, I thought I would ask to see if this is how the addon is meant to function, and if not what we may be doing wrong, or if so, are there any plans to add this feature in a future release?

Thanks,

Mark.

Hello!

I help admin a forum (running XF 2.1.9) on which the owner recently purchased version 1.0.2 Patch Level 2 of this addon, and after some very minor CSS changes our community is enjoying the added features very much. The only "complaint" I have seen come up in discussion with other members of our staff is that when a comment is made on one of our posts, we get no notification. So, I thought I would ask to see if this is how the addon is meant to function, and if not what we may be doing wrong, or if so, are there any plans to add this feature in a future release?

Thanks,

Mark.

I'm betting this is the same issue I'm having.

Are the alerts working without the Alert Improvements add-on?
Alerts still do not work. A proposed solution is for an automated @tag to go into the front of the post comment, maybe something like that could help, idk. That's how we've been making by, doing it manually.

Hello again,

I recently merged two threads on our live site and found that the posts were not sorted correctly in chronological order. This addon seemed to be the most likely culprit. So, I went to my local dev site and with this addon enabled merged two threads and also got posts out of order. I disabled the addon and did another merge and the posts were sorted correctly.

Would you mind seeing if you can duplicate this issue?

Top Bottom