[TH] Post As User [Deleted]

Jon W

Waindigo submitted a new resource:

Post As User by Waindigo (version 1.0.0) - A permission to allow admins/moderators to easily post as a different user.

Description:

Members (primarily administrators or moderators) who have been granted the 'Post as different user' permission can select a user's name from a drop down menu when creating a new thread or posting a reply to create a post on behalf of that user.

Installation:
  • Upload contents of upload folder to root directory, overwriting any existing files.
  • Install addon-Waindigo_PostAsUser.xml file.
  • Allow 'Post as different user'...

Read more about this resource...

Yes, you have to switch to the user account entirely with "Login as User" addon. This addon allows you to keep your account but post as the user you can select & attached to your account.
I think I "follow you" (understand)

And there wouldn't be any conflict with the two?

I think I "follow you" (understand)

And there wouldn't be any conflict with the two?

The idea was considered to add that function to the addon but Jon decited to make it as a new addon instead. I have just installed both of the addons and haven't encountered any problem yet.

Jon, could you add an option where we can type the username also? When selecting multiple usergroups it turns into a scrolling contest :D

I tried this, but everyone can see the "Post as user" box regardless of whether they have permission.

Waindigo updated Post As User by Waindigo with a new update entry:

Version 1.0.2 released

Bug fixes:
  • Fixed bug that Post As User text box appears regardless of permission setting if option to display as AutoComplete Combo Box was checked.
  • Fixed bug that AutoComplete Combo Box does not scroll automatically when arrow keys are used (see also note below regarding new requirement).
Other changes:

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi Jon, I have " Replace drop-down menu with AutoComplete text input" enabled also the combo addon also installed. But the dropdown wont appear.

It works in the login as user addon though..

Hey this is a great addon. Thanks!

Here's a tip for anyone using this: When you start a thread as another user, the thread will still show up under your name in the main forum. To refresh this to the user you posted as, go to Tools > Rebuild Cache > Rebuild Forum Information.

Hi Jon, I have a problem after the latest upgrade. Befor the upgrade when clicking into the emty field, it would open the list of users belonging to the group.

"Replace drop-down menu with AutoComplete text input" is enabled also the combo addon is installed. But the dropdown won't appear.

I installed this addon and i can see only one user name, and that is the name of super admin user... Why i cant see other users ?

I installed this addon and i can see only one user name, and that is the name of super admin user... Why i cant see other users ?
On the options page, you need to check the user groups of the members you want to log in as (and not the user groups you want to provide permission to -- since that is done somewhere else). Have you done this?

On the options page, you need to check the user groups of the members you want to log in as (and not the user groups you want to provide permission to -- since that is done somewhere else). Have you done this?
thx for this info, i just checked and it works great :D

Top Bottom