[TH] Post As User [Deleted]

Thanks!

I'm using a custom style that I made yep. It has no parent theme but in terms of templates is very similar to the default XenForo. The default XenForo isn't showing it either:

Attachments

• sample_default.webp
    sample_default.webp
    41.1 KB · Views: 24
Thanks!

I'm using a custom style that I made yep. It has no parent theme but in terms of templates is very similar to the default XenForo. The default XenForo isn't showing it either:
You appear to be using an add-on that adds a preview button. Try disabling that add-on.

You appear to be using an add-on that adds a preview button. Try disabling that add-on.
Just tried and same result on both the default XenForo Skin and the Tournstone skin. Would it help if I listed all the mods I currently have installed?

Just tried and same result on both the default XenForo Skin and the Tournstone skin. Would it help if I listed all the mods I currently have installed?
If you are able, just try disabling all other add-ons except Post As User. Then check the Quick-Reply box and check the 'More Options...' page. You should be able to see the box on both pages.

It seems the Post As User conflicts with the Insert Quotes button in the quick editor.

XF 1.3 RC2 with MultiQuote enabled, latest Post as User, default theme

When Post as User is enabled, I can't click the Insert Quotes button. It's not clickable.

Once I disable Post as User, Insert Quotes button works again.

The post as user option does not appear in my forum !!!

Here is what I have done :

1- Install the add-on as described in the read me file
2- Set the admin Permissions
3- Check Administrator in plugin settings.

Am I missing something ?

Thank you

The post as user option does not appear in my forum !!!

Here is what I have done :

Am I missing something ?

Thank you
I think you must be missing something. FYI - the user group options in the ACP are for which users permitted members are allowed to post as, not which user groups are allowed to use post as user, so if you are the only administrator on your site this might be the problem.

Well.. Yes I am the only Admin and the rest are Mods which I really don't want to give this permission to...

So you suggest that I create an another user for myself and give this permission to it ?

Thank you for the great support and great add-ons.

Well.. Yes I am the only Admin and the rest are Mods which I really don't want to give this permission to...

So you suggest that I create an another user for myself and give this permission to it ?

Thank you for the great support and great add-ons.
Thanks.

From what you have said all you need to do is change the option in the ACP to include the other user groups. To clarify, if you have given permission to Admins to use Post as User, the user groups you tick there will allow Admins to post as all the members of those user groups.

Hi,

I did the exact same steps as A.Chakery plus what you suggested:

4- Create a specific user and checked the permissions "Post as a different user". This user is in the administrator group and moderator.
5- Double check the addon is active in the ACP as well as in the mysql table xf_addon.
This is the latest version.

But still I do not see the option. Any idea why?

Thank you for your help.

edit: We use XenForo 1.1.5

Attachments

• 073.webp
    073.webp
    20.7 KB · Views: 22
  • 072.webp
    072.webp
    23.7 KB · Views: 22
  • 071.webp
    071.webp
    13.2 KB · Views: 22
Hi,

I did the exact same steps as A.Chakery plus what you suggested:

4- Create a specific user and checked the permissions "Post as a different user". This user is in the administrator group and moderator.
5- Double check the addon is active in the ACP as well as in the mysql table xf_addon.
This is the latest version.

But still I do not see the option. Any idea why?

Thank you for your help.

edit: We use XenForo 1.1.5
Have you ticked a user group in the add-on options?

upload_2014-5-31_18-7-31.webp

Hi again,

Now we have another issue.

When we activate the "Post As User" to allow us to create reply for a specific member of the Registered group, we are able to browse the forum. However the thread were unable to load. We had a blank page.
We found it was caused by PHP which reached its memory limit.
After raising it, the issue was solved.

Now we get the exact same behaviour but for "New Thread" creation. However there is no php limit error in the logs.
When we reduce the scope of user on behalf we can post threads (we enabled only the Administrator's users), the page load correctly and we can select the user properly.

Also the Post as "Another User" option is no longer available in the "Reply" with the exact same configuration we had on our staging forum.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Two questions.

1) What IP address is displayed for the user you posted as? Your own or theirs?

2) Is the member you posted as displayed in members online now and visitors in last 24 hrs?

Thanks!

Top Bottom